gotgrs

Tiger Autos Wanted

I've never done a Whitecaps game specifically, but the way it generally works is that the team signs before the game at their discretion. If a pitcher is starting, its unlikely that he will sign. If he is slated to start soon, he could be in uniform in the dugout. If not, you'll have to look for him in the stands because he will be charting. Most pitchers are very nice about signing in the stands, as long as you don't interrupt their work and ask them between innings. Good luck!

I've never done a Whitecaps game specifically, but the way it generally works is that the team signs before the game at their discretion. If a pitcher is starting, its unlikely that he will sign. If he is slated to start soon, he could be in uniform in the dugout. If not, you'll have to look for him in the stands because he will be charting. Most pitchers are very nice about signing in the stands, as long as you don't interrupt their work and ask them between innings. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip. The White Caps were playing the Lugnuts today and Jonathan Crawford was charting right behind me. He was really nice and signed two cards for me.

Edited by JimDavison

It is a pleasure to add the name of Joakim Soria to the list of the 13 living Tigers who autos I am seeking:

Jim Crawford

Fritz Fisher

Dan Gonzales

Julio Gonzalez

Fernando Hernandez

Art James

Jason Jiminez

Rod Lindsey

Mike Marshall

Pat McCoy

Phil Meeler

Manny Montejo

Joakim Soria

I have three large books of autographed Tiger cards that I can trade you for any of the above, including a number of deceased Tigers. Or I can get autographs of WhiteCaps players, including in WhiteCaps' programs.

Hopefully I will get Crawford in the mail soon.

Please PM me if you can help me out.

It is a pleasure to add the name of Joakim Soria to the list of the 13 living Tigers who autos I am seeking:

Jim Crawford

Fritz Fisher

Dan Gonzales

Julio Gonzalez

Fernando Hernandez

Art James

Jason Jiminez

Rod Lindsey

Mike Marshall

Pat McCoy

Phil Meeler

Manny Montejo

Joakim Soria

I have three large books of autographed Tiger cards that I can trade you for any of the above, including a number of deceased Tigers. Or I can get autographs of WhiteCaps players, including in WhiteCaps' programs.

Does Pat McCoy have a card? I can try to help you with him.

Does Pat McCoy have a card? I can try to help you with him.

I don't have one, but I think McCoy only has minor league cards.

I would prefer him on a BB card, but I would be happy to get him on a Tiger logo card. Can you help?

I don't have one, but I think McCoy only has minor league cards.

I would prefer him on a BB card, but I would be happy to get him on a Tiger logo card. Can you help?

PM Sent.

It is a pleasure to add the name of David Price to the list of the 14 living Tigers who autos I am seeking. Fortunately I already got the other new Tiger, Ezequiel Carrera, in Spring Training this year.

Jim Crawford

Fritz Fisher

Dan Gonzales

Julio Gonzalez

Fernando Hernandez

Art James

Jason Jiminez

Rod Lindsey

Mike Marshall

Pat McCoy

Phil Meeler

Manny Montejo

David Price

Joakim Soria

Lots of changes in the Tigers roster recently. Now I have to add relievers Jim Johnson and Kevin Whelan to my list of autos that I need on cards, but I was able to delete Pat McCoy since he signed for me in Toledo yesterday. Fortunately I already had autos of Buck Farmer, Melvin Mercedes, and Chad Smith, all who recently played for the Tigers. These are the autos that I still need of living Tigers:

Jim Crawford

Fritz Fisher

Dan Gonzales

Julio Gonzalez

Fernando Hernandez

Art James

Jason Jiminez

Jim Johnson

Rod Lindsey

Mike Marshall

Phil Meeler

Manny Montejo

David Price

Joakim Soria

Kevin Whelan

Hopefully I will get Crawford in the mail soon. I did talk to Fritz Fisher, who politely told me he does not sign autographs, so that one will be near impossible to get.

I did talk to Fritz Fisher, who politely told me he does not sign autographs, so that one will be near impossible to get.

Did he say why?

Did he say why?

He didn't give a reason, and I did not pursue it. He just simply stated over the phone that he doesn't give autographs, even after I offered him two photos of himself in a Tiger uniform. He was gracious, but also very clear about that when I asked him. What's funny is that his major league career consisted of one game in which he pitched 1/3 inning in 1964; he gave up four runs (two walks and two hits) and left with a career ERA of 108.00. The only out he got was the first batter he faced: some guy that he struck out named Harmon Killebrew!

Lots of changes in the Tigers roster recently. Now I have to add relievers Jim Johnson and Kevin Whelan to my list of autos that I need on cards, but I was able to delete Pat McCoy since he signed for me in Toledo yesterday. Fortunately I already had autos of Buck Farmer, Melvin Mercedes, and Chad Smith, all who recently played for the Tigers. These are the autos that I still need of living Tigers:

Kevin Whelan

Dave,

Any interest in this Whelan? As you can see in the K, it has some common characteristics of other Chrome autos. I probably had this signed around 2006.

Whelan.jpg

Dave,

Any interest in this Whelan? As you can see in the K, it has some common characteristics of other Chrome autos. I probably had this signed around 2006.

Whelan.jpg

Deadshot, clear out a few messages in your inbox so I can send you a PM!

Thanks to Jim Davison I can delete Kevin Whelan from this list; he also sent me catcher James McCann, who will probably be a Sept. call-up:

Jim Crawford

Fritz Fisher

Dan Gonzales

Julio Gonzalez

Fernando Hernandez

Art James

Jason Jiminez

Jim Johnson

Rod Lindsey

Mike Marshall

Phil Meeler

Manny Montejo

David Price

Joakim Soria

Hopefully I will get Crawford in the mail soon. I did talk to Fritz Fisher, who politely and recently told me he does not sign autographs, so that one will be near impossible to get.

Thanks to my Colorado trading partner I can cancel Jim Johnson and Joakim Soria off my list of missing Tigers, so I am down to these 12 Tigers who I would like on signed baseball cards:

Jim Crawford

Fritz Fisher

Dan Gonzales

Julio Gonzalez

Fernando Hernandez

Art James

Jason Jiminez

Rod Lindsey

Mike Marshall

Phil Meeler

Manny Montejo

David Price

Still waiting for Jim Crawford to arrive in the mail, after hearing of a number of successes for him.

I've updated my Tiger wantlist and down to 22 "Living" Tiger signatures;

C - Miguel Cabrera, Yoenis Cespedes, Fausto Cruz

D - Roberto Duran

F - Jeff Ferrell, Fritz Fisher

G - Dan Gonzalez, Julio Gonzales, Beiker Graterol

H - Fernando Hernandez

I - Jose Igesias, Mike Ivie

J - Art James

K - Bryan Kelly, Matt Kinzer, Guido Knudson

L - Carl Linhardt

M - Mike Marshall, Jeff McCurry, Eddie Miller

P - Ramon Pena

U - Lino Urdaneta

Edited by jimtigers65

Sorry about an earlier post, but these are the 12 Tigers I now need:

Jim Crawford

Fritz Fisher

Dan Gonzales

Julio Gonzalez

Fernando Hernandez

Art James

Jason Jiminez

Ian Kistler

Rod Lindsey

Mike Marshall

Phil Meeler

Manny Montejo

I have three large books of autographed Tiger cards that I can trade you for any of the above, including a number of deceased Tigers. Please PM me if you can help me out.

Dave,

I'm in contact with a SCN member who meets with Dan Gonzales each spring. He is going to let me know his signing status and try to get a couple signatures for me.

Jim

Dave,

I'm in contact with a SCN member who meets with Dan Gonzales each spring. He is going to let me know his signing status and try to get a couple signatures for me.

Jim

Sgt, that would be incredible! Hopefully he will be successful!

In appreciation, a signed Chad Smith card (fresh from yesterday's Tigerfest) is on its way to you. I assume that you still live on Towle Ct., correct?

Sgt, that would be incredible! Hopefully he will be successful!

In appreciation, a signed Chad Smith card (fresh from yesterday's Tigerfest) is on its way to you. I assume that you still live on Towle Ct., correct?

Dave, Yes still living on Towle Court. I received an email about Gonzales and the guy said he he can get him to sign index cards.

Dave, Yes still living on Towle Court. I received an email about Gonzales and the guy said he he can get him to sign index cards.

Somebody say index cards?!

There's a new address for Meeler, I got him TTM within the last two weeks. Let me know if you need it.