SpartanValor

2012 B1G Tournament

Yeah, I found this thread via the unread posts feature on tapatalk. Didn't realize it was in the sparty section. Sorry about that.

I will say that msu is deserving of the 1 seed now that the dust has settled. In addition to the two wins over Wisconsin, they also had the two wins over purdue. Their worst losses were on the road to Illinois and on the road to northwestern.

Osu and Michigan had pretty similar resumes. Each team had one bad road loss, three road losses to the top five, and a home loss to purdue/Wisconsin.

Id rather play michigan, how high stakes would that be?

I think we lose to the hoosiers though.

Funny enough, that's exactly what I thought when I looked over the schedule. Great minds think alike, eh? :silly:

Unanimous Coach of the Year, unanimous Player of the Year, B1G Champions.

Just another ho hum year for Tom Izzo an MSU Basketball

Unanimous Coach of the Year, unanimous Player of the Year, B1G Champions.

Just another ho hum year for Tom Izzo an MSU Basketball

Izzo got all of the votes? That's really impressive. I would have thought that crean and beilein would have got a few votes at least.

Izzo and Green won both the coaches and media awards. Im not sure they won every single vote. Thats what i mean by unanimous. For instance, Trey Burke was not the unanimous freshman of the year, he split the award with cody zeller.

I've changed my opinion. I'd like to see Illinois, Indiana, and OSU in the BTT. I feel like MSU still has something to prove against those 3 teams, but not anyone else in the league...

I mean sure, mich got a 1-pt win at home, but only the craziest of maizers actually thinks that they're "better" than MSU at this point -- despite the last two games.

I've changed my opinion. I'd like to see Illinois, Indiana, and OSU in the BTT. I feel like MSU still has something to prove against those 3 teams, but not anyone else in the league...

I mean sure, mich got a 1-pt win at home, but only the craziest of maizers actually thinks that they're "better" than MSU at this point -- despite the last two games.

Good point about Illinois. I'd like to seek a little revenge on them as well.

Going to most of the 11 games this weekend. Anyone else going to be there?

Ugh, not sure if I'm going to go today or not. I can't make the first two games, and might hold off on making the drive until tomorrow...

Of course if I go today, I could attend the MSU pep rally at the Westin this evening. But that would mean I can't make the game(s) tonight either.

Decisions, decisions...

Of course we would have to play the badgers in a high stakes sporting event. Unbelievable

I love it.

a) I hate them much more than Indiana so I'll be more into it.

b) I have quite a bit more confidence we'd beat them than Indiana tomorrow

So with kansas losing, can we jump up to a one seed with a win tomorrow? You would think the conference champion of the best conference (with #1 SOS and #4 RPI) should be on the top line.

Now we'll probably lose tomorrow...

I've changed my opinion. I'd like to see Illinois, Indiana, and OSU in the BTT.
So, of course, we'll end up getting Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan... :disappnt:

On to the rubber match. Fitting, as I think MSU and OSU are the two best teams in the Conference.

Hope Sullinger enjoyed the buffet today, since the post defense won't be anywhere near as accommodating tomorrow. And with a one-seed likely in play, lots on the line.

I'll be interested to see how we try to match-up with Buford.