The Defending Big Ten Champions

20120304_jla_bc2_043.jpg

Date: Thursday-Sunday, March 8th-11th, 2012

Television Broadcast Provided by:

CBS

Radio Broadcast Provided by:

www.spartansportsnetwork.com

PPTPW

Signs of an elite program: you win your 3rd B1G title in 4 years, and you look like your dog just died.

There are still banners to be won. Its March, I'm not about to give up on Tom Izzo.

Signs of an elite program: you win your 3rd B1G title in 4 years, and you look like your dog just died.

There are still banners to be won. Its March, I'm not about to give up on Tom Izzo.

That pic is quite bizarre. I guess I would have thought that the plans before the game would've suggested that the banner not be hung should Sparty have lost, but then again, with it being senior day and families in the house,...

I am looking forward to watching the Friday night games and beyond. Should be a real grinder of a tourney.

I hope the big ten champion Michigan wolverines can make a run. At the very least, I'd like to see them beat the big ten champion buckeyes and get another game against the big ten champion Spartans.

I hope the big ten champion Michigan wolverines can make a run. At the very least, I'd like to see them beat the big ten champion buckeyes and get another game against the big ten champion Spartans.

So, should be the banners read 'co-champion'?

Also, how is the seeding process handled for teams that are tied? I heard it mentioned that MSU had the #1 seed locked up regardless of yesterday's outcome, but they never mentioned what tiebreakers were involved. Was there coin flipping like in baseball or a game of horse or what?

How come this isn't in the general college forums? The big ten tourney isn't exclusive to the Spartans and thread title doesn't indicate any specific team.

LOL...so true. I'm damn proud of this team and we still got a share of the title...people are acting like we lost the whole thing.

...and wtf? It's not Conseco Fieldhouse anymore? I don't like that.

How come this isn't in the general college forums? The big ten tourney isn't exclusive to the Spartans and thread title doesn't indicate any specific team.

I don't think anything is preventing you from creating a BTT thread in the general college forum. SV created it here with a big *** picture of us raising another banner...seems to be a MSU thread to me.

So, should be the banners read 'co-champion'?

Also, how is the seeding process handled for teams that are tied? I heard it mentioned that MSU had the #1 seed locked up regardless of yesterday's outcome, but they never mentioned what tiebreakers were involved. Was there coin flipping like in baseball or a game of horse or what?

IIRC, it had something to do with how we all played against the fourth best team...Wisconsin. MSU went 2-0, OSU went 1-1, and UM went 1-0 while not having to play in Madison.

I didn't notice that. Since the Wolverines are (co-)champions, someone should start a similar thread in the UM forum. Since the Buckeyes are (co-)champions, I will start a similar thread in the OSU forum.

I don't think anything is preventing you from creating a BTT thread in the general college forum. SV created it here with a big *** picture of us raising another banner...seems to be a MSU thread to me.

Yeah, you notice that once you enter the thread. It's misleading, at best.

Yeah, you notice that once you enter the thread. It's misleading, at best.

?

It's in the MSU sub-section. I don't see how that's misleading at all.

You've been tricked, SV's plan all along.

But onto the topic, it'll be interesting to see how the team reacts the the events of yesterday.

?

It's in the MSU sub-section. I don't see how that's misleading at all.

I look at threads from the main page under latest posts. I see a thread titled "2012 BIG Tournament," I figure, 'alright a thread for the tourney,' and then you click on it and its MSU tribute thread. That to me is misleading. I've said my peace.

You've been tricked, SV's plan all along.

I've been tricked before, just recently too :)

Would you prefer we are all referred to as co-champions on banners and all that? Honest question.

Remember when Michigan Fan said that we couldn't claim a big ten championship in 2010, since we were the #3 seed in the BTT?

Hypocrisy is fun :nervous:

I like the idea of celebrating senior day after the game. As Izzo said, 30 seconds pre-game is still worse than 40 minutes post-game. Sure we lost, but Draymond's resume reads 3 big ten titles, two final fours, and possibly more to come (big ten player of the year, BTT, NCAA tournament...). Thats worth celebrating, he is in elite company.

We should hang our BTT seed number lol.

Seriously, why should a school have to cater to other schools? Thats stupid. Michigan should hang a big ten championship banner, regardless of who actually "earned" it more.

Its sports in this day and age, everyone gets a trophy.

We should hang our BTT seed number lol.

Seriously, why should a school have to cater to other schools? Thats stupid. Michigan should hang a big ten championship banner, regardless of who actually "earned" it more.

Its sports in this day and age, everyone gets a trophy.

I completely agree...everyone should just say "Champion" on their banner.

Nonetheless, if we have to say Co-Champion...I'd like to congratulate the 1997 Michigan CO-National Champion Football Team...lol.

Back to the focus of the thread....Who replaces Dawson's minutes? It will be interesting to see where Izzo goes with this. Do we go big (play Payne and Nix at same time?) Or small, with Kearney, Thornton, Appling? I don't think you can play Wood, Appling, and Kearney/Trice at the same time, just way too small.

I really wish Guana could play D, and Byrd didn't have 14 surgeries. If Guana could become a poor man's Goran Suton....

As I mentioned in the other thread, MSU still looking like the 2 seed in the midwest according to Lunardi. If that holds true, I like Izzo having 3 weeks to come up with a new look (sweet 16).

Watch us go out and win the BTT for the first time ever lol.

I completely agree...everyone should just say "Champion" on their banner.

Nonetheless, if we have to say Co-Champion...I'd like to congratulate the 1997 Michigan CO-National Champion Football Team...lol.

Has anyone received more for less than the 2011-2012 Michigan football and basketball teams?

-Lose to MSU, don't play Wisconsin or Penn State (Division winner, Division winner, 2nd place in Division): BCS Bowl.

-Don't play the #4 team in Big Ten on the road, 0-3 on the road against the top 5 of the big ten: Share of big ten title.

Don't consider me bitter, consider me jealous lol. That is awesome stuff. Meritocracy, indeed.