vannzee

Single game tickets?

For the first time in my six years of being a season ticket holder, they are not letting season ticket holders purchase any Opening Day tickets prior to the general public. My ticket rep said that almost all Opening Day tickets have been exhausted for season ticket holders, so don't expect many to be available. We do still get to purchase tickets to the other 80 home games prior to the public. So, how many sellouts do you think Comerica will see this year?

Just got my email with the link and password. Season ticket holder early purchase is tommorrow morning.

As for sellouts, not sure. It seems like they sold a ton of mini-packages with opening day included. I think that's the main reason the season ticket holders are not getting an opening day presale.

This year was the best or second best I've done selling my opening day tickets. Who ever bought them spent $165 a ticket. This past fall I had a hard time justifing spending that amount on a World Series ticket (in the pre-sales). I guess people value things differently than I do. I'm just glad they value opening day more than me. In the end though, it helps offset some of the cost for those 3 day games the first week of the season.

I'm going to set up shop and try to get Opening Day tickets. I went in 2009 and 2010, and went downtown last year.

It's going to be TOUGH to buy them this year, especially if you aren't going downtown and waiting in line early.

I'll probably borrow my sisters and parents laptops and set up a station with 4 laptops, 10 tabs open on each and a phone near me... Might even break a sweat with my effort.

You can try Hockeytown Authentics in Troy too. I was in there a couple weeks ago and they said they would be selling tix as soon as they are available. Just like buying them at the Comerica Park box office with no fees and you can select your exact seat location.

the not being able to purchase additional opening day tickets is a bit frustrating for me. The website still lists a perk for 'All Full Season Ticket Holders' the ability to purchase additional opening day tickets. I know it says subject to availabilty but come on. In 2007, when the season ticket packages sold out, we still could buy additional tickets to opening day, but this year you're telling me this year there are none available? On line it says you can buy up to 4 tommorrow.

the not being able to purchase additional opening day tickets is a bit frustrating for me. The website still lists a perk for 'All Full Season Ticket Holders' the ability to purchase additional opening day tickets. I know it says subject to availabilty but come on. In 2007, when the season ticket packages sold out, we still could buy additional tickets to opening day, but this year you're telling me this year there are none available? On line it says you can buy up to 4 tommorrow.

That's kind of my thought process too. Reward the people who have paid for the Wednesday afternoon April games as well.

I'll be getting mine at the Tigers site at 10 am. Man I'm like a kid waiting for the toy store to open :D !

Anyone know what the Tigers plan for the online sale is? Their site format is different than last year, will there still be the corrupt and confusing waiting line? Or is it just whoever clicks on "Buy" first?

Anyone know what the Tigers plan for the online sale is? Their site format is different than last year, will there still be the corrupt and confusing waiting line? Or is it just whoever clicks on "Buy" first?

Judging by the pre-sale for ticket plan holders (I have a 28-game plan), it will be somewhat the same as previous seasons. I signed into the pre-sale on Thursday & it puts you into a waiting room after you select a game. It shows a countdown clock & refreshes every 30 seconds.

Judging by the pre-sale for ticket plan holders (I have a 28-game plan), it will be somewhat the same as previous seasons. I signed into the pre-sale on Thursday & it puts you into a waiting room after you select a game. It shows a countdown clock & refreshes every 30 seconds.

Sounds fun... Last year I was "4th" place in line for 30 minutes... Then they sold out.

I had no delay with the pre-sale for my ticket purchases. I have the 81 game plan and I logged on exactly at 10am wednesday. All 3 games I purchased went relatively fast for me though. I think I had all my ticket purchases complete within 5 to 10 minutes. I can confirm that the Saturday Boston game had some availability, as well as the Sunday Yankees game. However there wasn't much to pick from for the Saturday Yankee game.

ugh, sounds like I will be going to the Cleveland site to get decent tickets. This is like the year they traded for Cabrera... I have a sense that Prince Fielder has sold his weight in tickets already

I got into the room at 7:15 ama. just waiting to put my card # in :) .