Deleterious

2012 Michigan Football

Michigan will introduce Cooper Barton to 109,000 of his closest friends | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

Cooper Barton will get a hero's welcome when he and his family attend a Michigan game in Ann Arbor this fall.

Cooper, the kindergarten student from Oklahoma City who was forced to turn his Michigan shirt inside out while at school, received a special call from U-M athletic director Dave Brandon on Wednesday.

Brandon invited Cooper to a game, and asked if U-M could introduce the 5-year-old to the 109,000-plus crowd at Michigan Stadium. News 9 in Oklahoma City recorded Cooper and his family receiving the call from Brandon.

Oklahoma City Public School policy prevents students from wearing team apparel, other than that of Oklahoma universities. The policy was introduced in 2005 in an attempt to curb gang activity.

Here is the video:

University Of Michigan Responds To OKCPS Dress Code Flap - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Anyone care to make some?

I see the season developing as such...

v. Alabama - L 24-14 - We are good. But I don't think we can beat a powerhouse like Alabama yet.

v. Air Force - W 40-24 - I could see the Air Force offense confusing Mattison a bit. Half time adjustments will win it for us though.

v. Massachusetts - W 52-10 - Welcome to FBS football, UMass

@ Notre Dame - L 27-24 - We are running out of time! First we beat them with 11 seconds left, then 27 seconds, then 2 seconds. I see us finally succumbing on the road in South Bend.

@ Purdue - W 37-23 - I think that Purdue could field a decent team this year. I don't think that will stop UM from rolling by them.

v. Illinois - W 24-3 - The defense shows up in a big way, nearly shutting out the Illinois squad.

v. Michigan State - W 13-10 in OT - It's time for the streak to end. This game is circled perhaps even more than Ohio State. This will be a big game for the defenses.

@ Nebraska - W 27-6 - Nebraska could be coming in undefeated in what becomes a Legends division championship. In Lincoln, this should be a great game. I see UM surprising them.

@ Minnesota - W 49-0 - Minny should be a nice break after two straight killer games.

v. Northwestern - W 30-10 - Northwestern shouldn't be a problem, though they always are annoying.

v. Iowa - W 24-23 - Iowa has an easy enough schedule through the first ten games that they could realisticly come into the Big House at 10-0. Seriously. Four fluff NC's, followed by Minny, MSU, Penn State, Northwestern, Indiana, and Purdue... Only MSU is even a challenge... Michigan will end their run in a revenge game.

@ Ohio State - L 31-27 - It sickens me to say this, but Ohio State will probably win this year. They have nothing to play for. No Championship and no bowl game. This IS their bowl game - especially for seniors. I see them coming out for blood, stopping Michigan from the undefeated conference record, and furthering the rivalry.

9-3 (7-1) - 1st in Big Ten Legends division

B1G Championship - v. Wisconsin Badgers - W 27-10 - Wisconsin will not be as prepared for this game as Michigan. Wisconsin plays two or three tough opponents, Nebraska (in week 5), MSU (week 9), and Ohio State (week 11)... Michigan plays four or five. Alabama, Notre Dame, MSU, Nebraska, Iowa, and Ohio State. Denard and company will be ready to win the Big Ten.

Rose Bowl - v. USC Trojans - W 28-24 - The Wolverines will be prepared for this one. Hoke and Mattison will have the defense ready to take down Barkley, and Robinson will be ready to run (literally) off a winner.

11-3 (8-1)

beating USC in the Rose Bowl eh? Some lofty predictions there.

Going 11-2 and beating Va Tech in the Sugar Bowl would have been an even loftier (is that a word?) prediction last year.

beating USC in the Rose Bowl eh? Some lofty predictions there.

Nothing wrong with thinking big. He still predicted 3 losses too. I think they will lose 3-4 games but can still win the BIG. I hate seeing UM lose but I hate msu even more, so I'd accept 3 losses this season as long as they whoop on the a-holes from east lansing.

Hoke stated in his presser today that no decision has been announced on Toussaint or Clark. He knows what he is going to do and will announce it when the time is right.

Going 11-2 and beating Va Tech in the Sugar Bowl would have been an even loftier (is that a word?) prediction last year.

I disagree pretty strongly. USC is the #1 team in the nation. The losing 3 part is realistic, I just thought it was interesting that he not only had USC playing against a 3 loss team in the Rose Bowl, but also losing to them.

I feel like I've done this already, so I may contradict myself. Anyway, here I go:

Alabama - L 27-24 - Michigan has a chance to win it with just a few minutes left, but Denard throws an INT in the endzone.

Air Force - W 42-21 - Air Force makes the game fun to watch, but Michigan pulls away in the 3 quarter.

Massachusetts - W 58-3 - Denard is out by the middle of the 3rd.

@ Notre Dame - L 34-28 - Another crazy ending, but this time Michigan comes up on the short end

@ Purdue - W 42-13 - Michigan rolls

Illinois - W 31-13 - Illinois just doesn't have it.

Michigan State - W 23-13 - MSU's offense just fizzles. Michigan's offense doesn't play very well but the MSU offense gives up the ball too many times.

@ Nebraska - W 31-24 - Nebraska makes a late run, but comes up short

@ Minnesota - W 42-10 - Minn struggles again with Michigan

Northwestern - W 32-17 - They keep it close, but Michigan pretty much ends the game early in the 4th.

Iowa - W 31-21 - Iowa makes it a pretty good game. Denard proves to be too much for them though.

@ Ohio State - W 31-27 - Hoke isn't going to let Meyer draw first blood in the rivalry. Michigan beats them at the Horseshoe.

10-2 (8-0) - 1st in Big Ten Legends division

Big Ten Championship Game vs. Wisconsin Badgers - W 31-13 - Wisconsin doesn't have an answer for Denard and company. The defense plays a nearly perfect game.

Rose Bowl vs. Oregon - L 31-28 - Michigan continues its poor play in bowl games.

11-3 (8-0) Ranked #10 in the nation in the final polls.

On paper, this is a 5 loss team. Any injuries along the offensive or defensive lines will be devastating. Not a lot of talent at WR. No elite running back, excluding Denard. No tight ends in a system that needs tight ends. LBs and DBs are pretty solid. If they stay extremely healthy, a trip to another BCS bowl is a possibility, but it's more likely a couple injuries will derail any hopes of having another great season.

Of course, on paper they were a 5 loss team last year and still managed to win 11 games, so who knows?

I think the lines are better than people think. However, a lot of those guys have to prove it, so we will just have to see. I like the defensive personnel overall quite a bit. The WRs are a bit concerning, but Roundtree and Gallon can make some plays and hopefully someone else can step up, maybe Gardner. I think Fitz and Rawls will be a very strong RB combination and expect it to be the strength of this team.

On paper, this is a 5 loss team. Any injuries along the offensive or defensive lines will be devastating. Not a lot of talent at WR. No elite running back, excluding Denard. No tight ends in a system that needs tight ends. LBs and DBs are pretty solid. If they stay extremely healthy, a trip to another BCS bowl is a possibility, but it's more likely a couple injuries will derail any hopes of having another great season.

Of course, on paper they were a 5 loss team last year and still managed to win 11 games, so who knows?

RichRod's legacy to Hoke. If he only had one more year........

Alabama - L 28-10

Air Force - W 37-13

Massachusetts - W 40-21

@ Notre Dame - L 31-17

@ Purdue - W 24-17

Illinois - W 22-17

Michigan State - W 17-16

@ Nebraska - L 28-20

@ Minnesota - W 41-20

Northwestern - W 27-24

Iowa - W 30-27

@ Ohio State - L 26-16

8-4

The defense will be better than expected but the offense will be worse. They won't be as lucky as they were last year and have a tougher schedule. In two years they will be back to being a powerhouse, now they're still digging out from under RichRod's mess and still trying to make them a pro style team rather than a college speedy team.

They'll lose either Nebraska or Michigan State (maybe both). State is at home, so they should have the edge in that game, but State is still a better team than michigan. 8-4 and a new years day game is nothing to sneeze at for a team that was so poor only two years ago.

Toussaint and Frank Clark are not making the trip to Dallas. Good decision

Yeah even though it hurts the chances at a win, it's the best thing to do.

Good. My respect for Hoke would have taken a hit had he done it any other way.

Great move. Told my friend today, "That's the difference between Michigan and Ohio. If this was Urban Meyer's decision on Braxton Miller or Jordan Hall before an Alabama game, it would have been made two weeks ago, and he'd be starting like nothing ever happened."