Deleterious

2012 Michigan Football

They don't need to be doing these gimmicky things to attract attention like those other programs. Just wear the classic uniforms, because that is what they are...classic.

Completely agree. But those don't look too terrible. Better than the bumble bee jerseys by a mile, at least. (Though I really hope the "Michigan" on the back is just for the obvious reason and not:

$(KGrHqRHJCgE9!JCe-i2BP,w3(M(Pg~~60_35.JPG

Also Bama will be the last game with the numbers on the helmets. A good thing, imo.

Gimmicky uniforms = increased revenue. Not only will they not go away, more than likely we'll see an increase over the years.

Gardner is a good pocket qb. He can also run when needed. I hope DRob has learned to put more touch on his passes.

Gardner is a good pocket qb. He can also run when needed. I hope DRob has learned to put more touch on his passes.

Touch is definitely something he has lacked in his career. The legs make up for it on most occasions, but Denard has a tendency to throw the ball into poor spots because of the lack of touch.

CB; Ross Douglas decommits from PSU and commits to UM

Sounds like MSU may be getting a good one as well

Where are you getting your information? I'm not as plugged in on the internet when it comes to CFB.

Where are you getting your information? I'm not as plugged in on the internet when it comes to CFB.

Just type into google, "Michigan recruiting". Plenty of sites will pop up for you to choose from.

With Toussaint out as of now, Thomas Rawls has been named the leading RB. Coaches said they will use Vincent Smith the same way they used him last season. He's more of a type used for open space and pass blocking. I'm very excited to watch Rawls get some time. The kid runs hard. I really think the dropoff from Toussaint to Rawls will be less than expected, and the two will make a great duo in the future.

I really like the Bama jerseys and wish those would be the permanent away jerseys (sans "Michigan" on the nameplate).

*Shrug*

Completely agree. But those don't look too terrible. Better than the bumble bee jerseys by a mile, at least. (Though I really hope the "Michigan" on the back is just for the obvious reason and not:

Also Bama will be the last game with the numbers on the helmets. A good thing, imo.

I actually like the numbers on the helmets, why don't you? And using a special uniform once a year isn't bad IMO either. Increases revenue and the players really like it. It doesn't ruin any kind of tradition so I don't see what the problem is. Some people just cannot stand a little bit of change I guess.

Images from the Michigan football team media day

Michigan WR Roy Roundtree has arthroscopic knee surgery, expected back in 2 weeks

Hoke said Touisant and Clark will both practice. But he has not, and wont for a while, made a decision on if they will play against Alabama.

I think MGoBlog has the full presser transcript of Hoke on the front page.

Sad about Wormley, but him and the team will both be ok. He can take a redshirt, heal up and come back next year stronger.

At least we're not Notre Dame:

PHOTOS: Notre Dame has new uniforms for Shamrock Series game against Miami - CBSSports.com

Those are pajamas. I know an alternate uniform is really no big deal, but what ND is doing is what I'm afraid Michigan may do in the near future. Notre Dame is being mocked all around the country right now because of these jerseys. Not exactly a great way to get attention.

Awful uniforms -- soon to be a reality for all college football teams because no matter how ugly they are, lots and lots of people will buy them.

Michigan is #8 in the preseason AP Top 25 and actually received a single first place vote as well. Ranked ahead of them is #7 Florida State, #6 Georgia, #5 Oregon, #4 Oklahoma (1), #3 LSU (16), #2 Alabama (17), and #1 USC (25).

Odd? Yes.

Correct? No.

Awesome? YEA!!

I actually like the numbers on the helmets, why don't you? And using a special uniform once a year isn't bad IMO either. Increases revenue and the players really like it. It doesn't ruin any kind of tradition so I don't see what the problem is. Some people just cannot stand a little bit of change I guess.

I've never been particularly good at describing why I like or dislike something aesthetically; I just don't like them. I mean, what's your reason for liking them? Because you think they "look cool?" What does that even mean?

But anyway, the fact they weren't the same shade of yellow as the rest of the uniform/helmet is probably the main reason I thought they looked out of place. *shrug

Who is doing the GDT's this year? I know after Jon Benke left last year it got kinda crazy. I wanna make sure someone does them cuz I need a place to rant during the games!! :P

Who is doing the GDT's this year? I know after Jon Benke left last year it got kinda crazy. I wanna make sure someone does them cuz I need a place to rant during the games!! :P

I'm willing to make them, unless there is someone else who really wants to do them for some reason. I did a few last season. Nothing fancy, but I'll try my best to make them a little interesting.

I've never been particularly good at describing why I like or dislike something aesthetically; I just don't like them. I mean, what's your reason for liking them? Because you think they "look cool?" What does that even mean?

But anyway, the fact they weren't the same shade of yellow as the rest of the uniform/helmet is probably the main reason I thought they looked out of place. *shrug

I just like them doing something different every now and then, the numbers on the helmet were not that big of a change IMO and I thought it looked nice. From what I read last year the players loved it as well.

I'm willing to make them, unless there is someone else who really wants to do them for some reason. I did a few last season. Nothing fancy, but I'll try my best to make them a little interesting.

Sounds good to me! Can't wait! :D