Deleterious

2012 Michigan Football

I think if Michigan beats Alabama they'll have a good season. I also think they can beat them given the fact tha Bama lost 3 starters on offense & 5 starters on defense.

Michigan could be picked to win the Big10. But, lets see what happens game 1.

I wonder if we would still be the favorite if they included OSU? :)

OSU odds would be ∞ - 1, considering they aren't eligible to go to the Big Ten Championship this year.

OSU odds would be ∞ - 1, considering they aren't eligible to go to the Big Ten Championship this year.

I think that was the point... What WOULD they be ranked if they could be this season seems like the question. Not that someone mistakenly left them off.

I think that was the point... What WOULD they be ranked if they could be this season seems like the question. Not that someone mistakenly left them off.

In that case, they'd probably be right around UM or below... Sure they got Urban Meyer, but they are also a 6-7 team. The smiley face of the OP made me think he was dicounting the source.

Edited by mr0zip0

In that case, they'd probably be right around UM or below... Sure they got Urban Meyer, but they are also a 6-7 team. The smiley face of the OP made me think he was dicounting the source.

Yeah, it was more of were WOULD they be ranked. The smiley was me laughing because they are not included.

I wouldn't put much into their previous record with a whole new regime, after all we were only a 7-6 team heading into 2011.

Sounds like Devin Gardner will get some time in as WR this year in certain packages. The emergence of Bellomy certainly helps make this an easier move, but I still would think Gardner is the backup QB.

I'm assuming we have no available scholarships for any Penn State freshmen that may want to jump ship?

Not good news. Fitzgerald Toussaint was arrested for a DUI on Saturday night. Expect a suspension. Plain stupidity from Toussaint.

Report: Michigan RB Fitz Toussaint arrested for DUI | Michigan Wolverines | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

I guess we can expect Vincent Smith or Rawls to start against Alabama. That game just got even tougher...

Edited by hail2mich

I'm assuming we have no available scholarships for any Penn State freshmen that may want to jump ship?

https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/227460238566121472

NCAA PSU Transfer Update: The NCAA is considering waiving scholarship limits for programs to which these football student-athletes transfer, provided they reduce proportionately in the next year."

He could be gone for more than just Alabama game, rightly so too. Makes AF and ND tougher as well.

Frank Clark also is in trouble with the law. It is listed as a home invasion in the second degree. Not much information on it yet, but not good. Losing possibly two starters in the same day. This sucks, but they deserve their punishments.

This nonsense has got to stop. Football is a wonderful game but the athletes who play it need to be kept in kennels apparently.

I still want to see the crime rate of college football players vs the crime rate of your average 18-22 year old. My guess is both are about identical.

How do minor league baseball players compare viz a viz crime rates?

How they compare to other sports doesn't interest me. As long as they aren't off the charts compared to every one their age, I'm happy.

I still want to see the crime rate of college football players vs the crime rate of your average 18-22 year old. My guess is both are about identical.

I bet it doesn't compare to other college students though...

I bet it doesn't compare to other college students though...

Maybe not. But that would probably only bug the really naive that think these guys are student athletes.

These are what Michigan will be wearing against Alabama. I'm not a fan of them. At least the "Under the Lights" jerseys were based off of past Michigan jerseys. Take away the color on the shoulders, and they would look like their old away jerseys which I always liked.

206333_melt.jpg

Dave Brandon has done some good things for the program, but these types of things make me roll my eyes. Michigan is not Oregon or Maryland. They don't need to be doing these gimmicky things to attract attention like those other programs. Just wear the classic uniforms, because that is what they are...classic.

CB; Ross Douglas decommits from PSU and commits to UM

Sounds like MSU may be getting a good one as well