Deleterious

2012 Michigan Football

Rocko Khoury among 4 fifth-year seniors leaving Michigan football program, and more notes from Brady Hoke's spring practice press conference

On Friday, Hoke answered more questions from the assembled media. Here is a recap of the hot topics, starting with the confirmation that center Rocko Khoury, punter George Morales, tailback Michael Cox and receiver Terrence Robinson are no longer with the team.

All four would have been fifth-year seniors, but plan to graduate in the spring with one year of eligiblity remaining. They'll be eligible to transfer and play immediately under the NCAA's postgraduate transfer program.

Backup linebacker Isaiah Bell also left the program, the university confirmed earlier this week.

Interesting, can't say losing depth that doesn't actually open up any scholarships is good for the team, but I can't blame a player for wanting to get a chance on the field in their final year

Guess whose recruiting class just opened up 4 more spots for some 4-5 star talent?

That's great news considering we're on pace to be full before August.

Guess whose recruiting class just opened up 4 more spots for some 4-5 star talent?

I think these (4) 5th year senior openings don't really affect UM that much. 4 walk-ons can get scholarships for the fall of 2012.....and 4 2013 recruits can enroll in January. But I don't think it opens up 4 more spots in the class of 2013 since these 5th year seniors would have been gone in May 2013 anyways.

I just read that Coach Hoke's father passed away of cancer yesterday and I want to wish him the best. My thoughts are definitely with him during this difficult time. Cancer is just horrible.

NOT UM but I'll stick it here anyways as it will impact the ND vs UM game.

Lynch is leaving ND.....thankfully, guy was pretty damn good. He wants to go back to Florida

The defensive end, who was arguably the best defender on the Fighting Irish as a freshman last season, said he wants to be closer to home in Florida and will transfer to another school following the spring semester.

"This is one of the toughest decisions I've had to make but I want to go back to Florida," Lynch said.

Lynch, Notre Dame's best pass rusher since Justin Tuck, led the team in sacks last fall with 5.5. He was once committed to Florida State before flipping his commitment to ND.

Link

From what Ive seen so far in the Spring Game, Devin Gardner is not good. Bellomy will surely pass him next year and start.

From what Ive seen so far in the Spring Game, Devin Gardner is not good. Bellomy will surely pass him next year and start.

I'm not sure you can take a lot from a spring game.

Bellomy has a suspect arm but so does Denard. Gardner may be much more useful for UM at WR this instead of QB.

Gardiner played a little better as the scrimmage progressed but he sure doesnt look like a QB to me. I realize its just a spring scimmage and you cant make snap judgements here but its still possible to get a feel for players and my feeling is Bellomy will be a better QB than Gardiner will. Maybe not this season but he will IMO surely pass him for 2013.

The D Line needs work. In the weight room, inpractice and in the film room. They didnt look all that great at the point of attack. Its difficult to really assess how a unit performs with all the substitutions going on but as a whole they need major improvement. I didnt see much from Big Will. The 2 or 3 plays I really focused on him he didnt do much.

We need WR help in the worst way. I wasnt very impressed with this group.

The RBs on the other hand played well. Rawls is gonna be a nice player.

Jon Jansen was in the booth with Matt Shepard and he seems like a natural there. I dont think it will take too long for him to end up with one of the networks.

Jon Jansen was in the booth with Matt Shepard and he seems like a natural there. I dont think it will take too long for him to end up with one of the networks.

Thought Jansen did some on field reporting for BTN last season???

I'm not sure you can take a lot from a spring game.

100% agreed. It was fun to see the RB's play well as a group though, practice or not. Bellomy was a surprise too, although I've read a a few articles saying he looks legit and was practicing well. I think UM fans will see Gardner at WR because 1) they want to get him on the field, he is athletic and 2) Bellomy is showing he is a capable backup.

5Dimes released their odds on who will win the Big Ten. Michigan is the favorite:

Michigan +150

Wisconsin +300

Michigan State +350

Nebraska +500

Illinois +1000

Iowa +1400

Northwestern +1800

Penn State +2000

Purdue +2000

Indiana +3000

Minnesota +7500

Who will be crowned? 5Dimes is first offshore to release college football conference title odds | Beyond The Bets

How did the pep rally for the band going to Dallas go? I think it was brilliant to announce that it wasn't going and see if they could raise funds via other means. The AD is a smarty pants.

I'm probably the only person who doesn't like visiting bands at games. Neutral site games I don't mind. What's the point of having any home field advantage if you're going to allow your opponent to have their band and cheerleaders behind them?

Brandon announced that the band will be going to the Alabama game in Dallas.

Also, looks like the Nebraska game will be at night. That makes 2 that I know of so far, Nebraska and Notre Dame. I wonder if the Alabama game is at night also.