Deleterious

2012 Michigan Football

No clue what to expect with this team. Get a call here or a bounce there and they're undefeated in 2011, but there were also times when they looked really bad.

What are your key concerns for this upcoming season?

On offense, getting a new center worries me. Molk was a huge piece of the team these past few seasons, and we all saw in the Sugar Bowl how him being gone can really hurt. I guess Khoury is the man for that spot. Hemingway leaving and losing Stonum really hurt. There really isn't much size at WR at all. Roundtree had a pretty disappointing 2011 season, so hopefully he rebounds. Tight ends is also a very thin position on the team with the loss of Koger. I'm not expecting many freshmen to be playing on offense this year, but who knows.

Defensively, obviously the front four will look very different. Losing Martin and Van Bergen hurts. Michigan really needs Will Campbell and Craig Roh to step up. The secondary is very similar, so hopefully experience helps with those guys. There does seems to be more depth on this side of the ball than past years, so that is encouraging. I do expect more freshmen to see time on defense than on offense.

Special teams looks the same. Hagerup can be very frustrating, and I'm sure he's on a short leash. I feel confident with Wile if he has to replace him at punter. Gibbons returns as kicker. Wile can replace him too if he struggles, but I feel fine with Gibbons right now.

What are your key concerns for this upcoming season?

On offense, getting a new center worries me. Molk was a huge piece of the team these past few seasons, and we all saw in the Sugar Bowl how him being gone can really hurt. I guess Khoury is the man for that spot. Hemingway leaving and losing Stonum really hurt. There really isn't much size at WR at all. Roundtree had a pretty disappointing 2011 season, so hopefully he rebounds. Tight ends is also a very thin position on the team with the loss of Koger. I'm not expecting many freshmen to be playing on offense this year, but who knows.

Defensively, obviously the front four will look very different. Losing Martin and Van Bergen hurts. Michigan really needs Will Campbell and Craig Roh to step up. The secondary is very similar, so hopefully experience helps with those guys. There does seems to be more depth on this side of the ball than past years, so that is encouraging. I do expect more freshmen to see time on defense than on offense.

Special teams looks the same. Hagerup can be very frustrating, and I'm sure he's on a short leash. I feel confident with Wile if he has to replace him at punter. Gibbons returns as kicker. Wile can replace him too if he struggles, but I feel fine with Gibbons right now.

Offensively, I agree with you, losing Molk will hurt quite a bit. Also the progress of Denard will be something to watch throughout spring ball. Fitz becoming a steady, reliable RB will help this offense as well. Hoping for a rebound season from Roundtree, and Gallon is a solid slot WR.

Defensively I dont know what to expect. All LB's and DB's return, but the DL will obviouslybe the huge question mark. Pipkins almost has to play as a true freshmen. Frank Clark looks like a real good player as well.

Eh, doesn't it seem like a weird thing to have a problem with when Michigan's whole fan base refers to OSU simply as "Ohio"?

But it's weak because it's not his own. At least as as far as I recall, Brady didn't crib the idea of dissing OSU as 'Ohio' from Bo.

Eh, doesn't it seem like a weird thing to have a problem with when Michigan's whole fan base refers to OSU simply as "Ohio"?

Seems weak for several reasons. Mainly because he is only doing that in response to what Hoke says about them. I find it all very funny. Ive never liked the guy, so I think hes perfect for that university. He will make it easier to hate them.

Seems weak for several reasons. Mainly because he is only doing that in response to what Hoke says about them. I find it all very funny. Ive never liked the guy, so I think hes perfect for that university. He will make it easier to hate them.

True. I certainly agree that OSU's douche factor has been multiplied 10 fold by the addition of Urban (which is amazing considering how annoying there were before). He's such a fraud...talking about how he quit at Florida to spend time with family and all that and then takes a new, stressful gig two years later? BS.

True. I certainly agree that OSU's douche factor has been multiplied 10 fold by the addition of Urban (which is amazing considering how annoying there were before). He's such a fraud...talking about how he quit at Florida to spend time with family and all that and then takes a new, stressful gig two years later? BS.

Now here is something MSU and UM fans can all agree on. OSU is the cream of the douche crop and Urban Meyer is leading the band.

It wasn't even a year. He coached Florida's bowl game on Jan 1, 2011. He accepted the OSU job on Nov 28, 2011.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was only at osu for less than 5 years. Yes total douche lol.

Newsflash...NOT

Chris McCosky ‏ @cmccosky

Mike Martin: 'Defense wasn't really emphasized (under RichRod). He didn't spend too much time on def. We were kind of a supplement to the O'

Referring to Ohio State as 'Ohio' is stupid. So is this. I like it because now all the Ohio State fans who spent a year talking about how stupid 'Ohio' is have to suck it up and pretend this is funny.

So thanks Urban Meyer

Referring to Ohio State as 'Ohio' is stupid. So is this. I like it because now all the Ohio State fans who spent a year talking about how stupid 'Ohio' is have to suck it up and pretend this is funny.

So thanks Urban Meyer

Yes.

Bell has left the team.

Rumor has it that a few 5th year seniors may not come back as well. Open scholarships could be up to 22/23 if true