davidsb

Prince Fielder Tiger Card

Predict which set will have the first Prince Fielder Tigers baseball card? Will it be Topps series 2? What do you think?

They may try to sneak one into Opening Day or the factory team set, but it's probably too late, so S2 is much more likely.

While this obviously isn't a true Tiger card, I have it in my 2010 Tigers set because there's no team affiliation and the card back talks about his home run in Tiger Stadium as a kid.

IMG_5839.JPG

(credit to Grand Cards' site for the pic!)

They may try to sneak one into Opening Day or the factory team set, but it's probably too late, so S2 is much more likely.

While this obviously isn't a true Tiger card, I have it in my 2010 Tigers set because there's no team affiliation and the card back talks about his home run in Tiger Stadium as a kid.

IMG_5839.JPG

This is why we had to pay so much more to get him to come here than anyone else would have.

They'll photoshop something for Series 2, he's too big a name to let slip to the update set. Topps smartly kept him out of S1, knowing he was a free agent.

I would almost wager that we'll see him as a Tiger in Topps Opening Day, which releases next month. Topps left one card number open in that set, Prince didn't have one already on the checklist, and Pujols does. Those were the two biggest FA's, and as a major star, I can't think of why they'd leave Prince out, even if it was in a Milw unform. So I'll actually be very surprised if we don't see that TBD card become Prince in a Tigers uniform. I also think it's possible we'll get him in the factory team set.

edit: I was mistaken - Prince does have a card (51) on the checklist, so my TBD card theory was wrong. But I still think we'll see him as a Tiger.

Edited by Los Gatos

Forgot about Opening Day. If he is in a Tigers uniform, it'll end up being a bad photoshop like last year's V-Mart.

Also, finally got your cards in the mail yesterday. Thanks again for the well wishes.

Picture%25252028.png

Also, finally got your cards in the mail yesterday. Thanks again for the well wishes.

Received them today, thanks Jared!

Cool - I would have bet money on OD, but Heritage is the winner!

That cap "D" is massive. It reminds me of the air-brush "D" on Ralph Houk's cap on his '74 Topps, the card where they didn't bother removing his Yankee pinstripes.

Haha, where's the Heritage thread? This stuff is supposed to officially hit stores tomorrow.

Also, so true about that 74 Houk card.

Edited by Jared

IMG_5839.JPG

I had Prince sign this card earlier this week in Lakeland. I asked him if that was his Detroit home in the background, or if it was a photoshop picture. He said it was his home. Two days ago I saw this article, and I think the card photo and the one in this article were taken the same day. So I agree this is his first "Tiger card."

Book by Prince Fielder's mother out next month | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

Edited by detroittigerfan

Topps has a '12 set of mini stickers like last year - not the Heritage stickers, a separate set. I picked up a few Tigers at a show yesterday. I don't have the full checklist, but here's another Fielder Tigers "card".

$(KGrHqV,!rkE88hC+yYDBP,ru+PTkw~~60_12.JPG

Topps NEEDS to fire their Photoshop dude and hire me!

Topps has a '12 set of mini stickers like last year - not the Heritage stickers, a separate set. I picked up a few Tigers at a show yesterday. I don't have the full checklist, but here's another Fielder Tigers "card".

$(KGrHqV,!rkE88hC+yYDBP,ru+PTkw~~60_12.JPG

Topps NEEDS to fire their Photoshop dude and hire me!

For some reason they do a freakishly-bad job with the Tiger road uniforms - Cabrera, Martinez, Fielder. But the home uniforms are okay - Damon, Coke, Penny. Not great, but okay.

For some reason they do a freakishly-bad job with the Tiger road uniforms - Cabrera, Martinez, Fielder.

Fielder's pants and shirt are not even the same color!