RatkoVarda

Tigers sign Prince Fielder to 9 year deal!!!!!!!!

And Cabrera is going to be fine with this right?

This has UGLY written all over this. My guess is that means someone is headed out of town for 2013 unless Cabrera/Fielder/V-Mart is the new 3B or LF option for 2013.

When the competition for the corner fielding job is Delmon, how much will it hurt you to put Cabby out there for 50 games to see how he does? He played a fair amount of OF in his 1st few years. He wasn't good at it then, but either is Delmon now - and Cabby might have the tools to get better.

Honestly this does bring up a question... we certainly have the sticks now, maybe we need to focus on fielding up the middle? I think the Tigers really need to focus on getting some good gloves for 2B and SS. Peralta was okay last year, but with his age I don't expect him to be able to handle it much longer.

To join the Biff parade at being Debbie Downer, while putting together your batting line up, here's a very real possible fielding alignment:

LF: Young, CF: Jackson, RF: Boesch

3B: Cabrera, SS: Peralta, 2B: Raburn, 1B: Fielder

That's a below average fielder in LF, 3B, 2B, 1B. Average-to-Below Avearge in SS and RF.

Joel Sherman @Joelsherman1 If V-Mart back healthy in '13, #Tigers could try trading Miggy with 3 yrs, $63M left (2013-15) Bet new #Dodgers owner would be interested

Wonder what we could get back for Miggy. Starts with Kershaw, only goes up from there.

I'm worried about the defense and our situation next year but I am so excited to see us at bat

You don't need defense when you put up a 3 run differential in the first 2 innings :))))

So neither Fielder of Cabrera will DH, so who does that leave, Inge? Heh...
Maybe a one-year Free agent DH? Mike want to win before he dies. This is not academic for him. This is real. he wants it bad.

I'd guess Cabrera gets every opportunity to make it work at 3b, with some time at DH. If he can't handle it, then maybe he does get traded next offseason. It actually might make the most sense if we can get a great return package and fill some holes.

I would think Cabrera would have been consulted before this went down, but after reading that Leyland only heard about it 10 minutes before it leaked, I have to wonder.

Yeah 2008 was Renteria and Jacque Jones....

lol

Prince Fielder is a top 5 hitter in the game hitting behind a top 2 hitter in the game hitting in front of Martinez (next year)

Yeah 2008 was Renteria and Jacque Jones....

lol

Prince Fielder is a top 5 hitter in the game hitting behind a top 2 hitter in the game hitting in front of Martinez (next year)

I know there were a lot of injuries and Verlander wasn't much to talk about then but I'm just worried the defense will hurt us. Still really excited about this but still.