RatkoVarda

Tigers sign Prince Fielder to 9 year deal!!!!!!!!

I haven't freaked out like this since we traded for Cabrera. I just called like 15 people!

JonHeymanCBS Jon Heyman

prince will be the first baseman, for anyone asking. cabrera will have to change role. #tigers

I would bet Miggy agreed to the role change.

Un blanking real. I am floored. Nine years? Maybe he liked being in Detroit as a kid? Or must be the moneeeeeey?

Nothing against the kid but this is a surer bet for the $$ than Cespedes, so why not?

And Prince is only 1 year older than Cespedes. To get this guy at age 27 along with Cabrera and Verlander also in their primes - amazing.

Obviously. He's the face of the franchise. They called him first. Typical DD though. If anyone wants to ever read into his stupid press conferences again, I don't know what to tell you.

Obviously. He's the face of the franchise. They called him first. Typical DD though. If anyone wants to ever read into his stupid press conferences again, I don't know what to tell you.

LOL!!! How true!

Craig Calcaterra

@craigcalcaterra Craig Calcaterra

99% of the 2014 DHs are on 3.3% of the baseball teams. #OccupyTheTigers

3 minutes ago via web

Wow.

This is pretty much right...It's all I've been able to come up with while following these rumors.

Typical DD though. If anyone wants to ever read into his stupid press conferences again, I don't know what to tell you.

Quoted for truth!

You can almost set your watch to DD. If he tells me water is wet, I'm going to double check to make sure it isn't dry.

We have 3 of the possibly 5 best players in the game right now, all in the prime of their careers.

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm sure Miggy would agree to play LF (or RF - he has a good arm) or 3b in a NY minute. He loves playing the field - he'd play short again if they would let him. DH is another matter totally.