CapitalTigers

2012 Offseason thread

Doubt we are able to find a poor man Sproles type in the trash bin, but I think Knowshon Moreno could come in and help.

Does nothing great, but we could count on him in passing situations (both protection and catching). Also said he is willing to play special teams.

Edited by Stormin' Norman

I guess this means that the Lions are not all that enamored with Joique Bell or Keiland Williams? Or... it's just a depth issue?

Moreno is on the verge of getting cut... I'd be good with taking a flyer on him as Norman points out...

I'd love to gamble on Moreno. Can catch and averages over 4 ypc for his career. INjury prone and a bit inconsistent, but better than Bell and Williams. I'd love to get one of the Carolina backs, but its too much money and/or draft pick compensation I imagine.

They're probably looking for a quicker guy that can catch the ball. Maybe Mayhew can pry Bush from Miami?

A receiving threat is the big key here and guys like Chris Ivory don't fit that bill really. (tomorrow morning we will have acquired Chris Ivory lol...)

Also ftr, I wouldn't mind Moreno. Hasn't lived up to 1st round status but I still think he can contribute.

Bush isn't an option. His value is overinflated and he is too important to Miami's locker room.

Moreno for Fluellen makes a lot of sense for both parties.

Be interesting to see what they can come up with, but I won't get my hopes up to high, they probably will just get another player like Keiland Williams.

Jim Schwartz what may make you change your mind to go heavy on one position and light on another:

"Good talent; good players. If you're going to keep nine in a position and you have ten Pro Bowlers, well keep them. Go light at a different position."

Love that quote right there.

Caught part of the game. Sammie Hill was dominant, Spievey made some nice plays which was encouraging and Broyles looks healthy.

Interested to see the final cuts tomorrow.

After last night's performance against the scrubs, is Kellen Moore going to make it? I have a feeling he is going to make the cut.

Moored looked fine to me for a rookie third-string UDFA quarterback. I didn't see the second half of the fourth quarter, but what I saw there were a ton of drops. He has a weak arm and is very accurate most off the time.

I think that Moore is fine for the practice squad. I would never sacrifice an additional safety or lineman (D or O) for an active spot for him though.

Moore looked awful, you have to cut him.

Not happening, at least this week. 17 for 30 isn't horrible if you factor in the 7 drops.

Detroit Lions Finalize 53-Man Roster, Includes Kellen Moore - SideLion Report - A Detroit Lions Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Final Cuts:

Wide Receiver: Patrick, Edwards, Nate Hughes, Lance Long, Wallace Miles, Maurice Stovall

Tight End: Alex Gottlieb, Austin Wells

Guard: Rodney Austin, Pat Boyle

Center: Dan Gerberry

Defensive End: Everette Brown, Ugo Chinasa, Edmon McClam

Defensive Tackle: Andre Fluellen, Tracy Robertson

Linebacker: Carmen Messina

Cornerback: Justin Miller, Alphonso Smith, Ross Weaver

Safety: Reshard Langford

Punter: Ryan Donahue

I am extremely anxious for cut day on Friday.

I am on the edge of my seat for a decision regarding Everette Brown.

Got caught in a numbers game.

Kind of surprised Jonte Green, Kellen Moore and Ricardo Silva made the squad. Of course that could change today. Should be a lot of moving parts these next few days.

It doesn't look like a RB worth bringing in was cut. Tough week for former Spartans. Hoyer, Greg Jones, Cunningham and Dells all cut this week.

I wouldn't mind adding Hanson, but we are probably done with Barnes and Florence for now. Just my best guess. A S might be a possibility I guess. I guess we are just going to have to live with weak RBs for now. Hopefully Leshoure can do some damage when he returns.

I can't imagine Best ever playing again. I think maybe he gutted it out through training camp to make money (although wouldn't he have some kind of insurance?). He shouldn't play again. He's a smart guy and it sucks that he has to give up the thing he loves before he's 25, but he's got to think of his health and the rest of his life. Hope he banked much of his money. He seems like a smart and likable guy, I wouldn't want to see him destroyed by football (he probably already has some brain damage).