DaYooperASBDT

The 2012 Adopt A Tiger Draft Extravaganza

SP Brenny Paulino

RHP 2/21/93 H: 6’4″ W: 180

International Signing in 2009 at 16 years old from the Dominican Republic

Brenny will most likely be starting the 2012 season in the Rotation of the West Michigan White Caps. In 2011 he spend the begining of the season with the Gulf Coast League Tigers, and after their short season ended got a promotion to High A Lakeland Flying Tigers for 5.1 and struggled. During his season with the GCL team he went 1-6 3.88 ERA in 45.2 innings with 11 games and 8 of them being starts. He walked only 18 while striking out 45 batters and allowing only 34 hits for a 1.14 WHIP.

He will start the season at age 19 and is a project of a player to get to his full potential. Some scouts have suggest that he has the best Power Fastball in the Tigers minor league system, but has very low secondary pitches at moment. With a Fast Ball that regularly hits the mid nineties and can be cranked up much higher, it gives him promise with the lower levels. But with his young age the projection is to become a middle to front line starter if he's able to progress on his other pitches. If not he could become a Bullpen guy who's able to blow the ball by you. Hopefully he continues the gain in control during the 2012, after cutting his 2010 walks from 45 walks in 46.1 innings, to only 27 walks in 51 innings, 9 of which came in the 5.1 innings with Lakeland.

2012 should be a great season to follow a young up and comer pitcher in the Detroit Tigers farm system. Will he become a future Ace, or be held back by lack of control and lack of secondary pitches?

Edited by PuNk42AE

The Hongbit AAT Lineage:

Kyle Sleeth

Rod Allen

Fernando Rodney

Jordan Tata

Placido Polanco

Jon Kibler

Tyler Stohr

The next to join is...

Collin Balester

rp.jpg

The Hongbit AAT Lineage:

Kyle Sleeth

Rod Allen

Fernando Rodney

Jordan Tata

Placido Polanco

Jon Kibler

Tyler Stohr

The next to join is...

Collin Balester

rp.jpg

I don't think that's a picture of Collin Balester. He hasn't pitched in a Tigers uniform yet. Looks like Ryan Perry.

I don't think that's a picture of Collin Balester. He hasn't pitched in a Tigers uniform yet. Looks like Ryan Perry.

That is Perry:

4448578681_4dcee5be64_z.jpg

That is Perry:

4448578681_4dcee5be64_z.jpg

I think that's the point...

Thanks, Roger!

2011 Detroit Tigers Prospects: #17, Danry Vasquez, OF - Bless You Boys

Danry Vasquez, OF, Grade C

Bats L, Throws R, Height 6'2", Weight 170 lbs, Date of Birth N/A

Detroit signed Danry Vasquez on July 3 ,2010 for roughly $1 million. A sixteen-year old outfielder out of Venezuela, Vasquez projects to have a good hit tool and plus power. Right now, the power is of the line drive variety, but as with a lot of young players, that should develop into home run power as time goes on. His speed is lacking- that's one of the reasons he'll move from center field into right, but the bat is very advanced for a 16 year old. Vasquez is the type of high-upside player the Tigers should be acquiring, especially considering their willingness to give away first round draft picks as free agent compensation. Vasquez may not reach Detroit for a very long time, but he has oodles of potential.

Edited by cruzer1

They traded Perry for him... guess it is like a placeholder until Colin is in a Tigers' uniform.

or it could be they both suck so one just replaces the other.

24 Zack attack *** ON THE CLOCK *** 11:27 pm
OK, I need to give a short speech first...

As some of you may already know, I would be considered as a "young gun" around here. Therefore I might be shocking a few of you when I say that yesterday my Mom was celebrating her birthday, and I can't afford to give her much being in college right now. Therefore when it came to my AAT list, I started creating a list of who to pick and then made a promise to myself: I was going to pick this player as long as I was on the clock at some point during 1/11/12 (which happened) and he was on the board.

So I shutter to announce, in honor of Mama Zack Attack, the 24th Pick of the 2012 Adopt A Tiger Draft is...........

BRANDON INGE!!!

080625_inge_greatplay.jpg

With the 25th pick, Los Gatos is pleased to select:

Don Kelly #32

Don fielded nearly every position during the 2011 season, including pitching in a game. He followed a strong .942 OPS September with a big postseason home run against the Yankees. Congrats to Don for recently winning the inaugural Tigers Tenth Man award from the Detroit Baseball Society. Originally drafted by the Tigers in 2001, Kelly spent some time in the Pirates organization before returning to the Tigers. From the did-you-know department, Kelly had a .785 OPS in away games last season and .730 in night games. Don is also brothers-in-law with Pirates 2B Neil Walker.

Most meaningful to me, Don signed a terrific autograph personalized to my son last year, and I'll be delighted to follow his contributions to the Tigers in 2012!

158180.jpg

With Pick #27 itsallgood8989 chooses

West Michigan 2B, Hernan PerezHernan Perez

Hernan Perez Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com

Tigers purchased the contract of SS Hernan Perez from Low-A West Michigan.Perez, 20, put up a .258/.314/.364 batting line with eight homers and 23 steals for West Michigan this season. He's a long ways off from competing for a big league roster spot, but the Tigers wanted to keep him away from the Rule 5 draft. Nov 18 - 1:51 PM - RotoWorld

With the #13 pick of the 2012 Adopt-A-Tiger Draft, I select:

Drew Smyly, LHP

DOB: 06/13/1989

H: 6'3" W: 190

2010 2nd Round Draft pick

2011 Statistics:

Lakeland (A): 7-3, 2.58 ERA, 1.145 WHIP, 77 K, 21 BB, 8.6 K/9

Erie (AA): 4-3, 1.18 ERA, 1.029 WHIP, 53 K, 15 BB, 10.4 K/9

Drew Smyly Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com

Scouting Report: A 2nd round pick in the 2010 Amateur Draft out of Arkansas, Smyly wasted no time in proving that he belonged. He started his season at Advanced-A Lakeland, but ended the season in Double-A Erie sporting a 1.18 ERA, giving up 6 earned runs and walking 15 and striking out 53 hitters in 45 innings pitched. He got it done with a low-90s fastball and advanced command and control of his curveball and change-up. Due to this season’s efforts Smyly was named Tigers’ Minor League Pitcher of the Year.

Detroit Tigers 2012 Top 10 Prospects List | Baseball Instinct - Do You Have It?

Well, it's a sad day to see ma boy has been drafted into new hands, but proud to see him so high as # 13 in 2012!!! :)

I snagged him last year, a bit further down in the draft...i dont recall how far, but he slipped by alot of people.

I had a good feeling he'd be a quality arm but he by far exceeded my expectations in 2011.

I had a scare back when we acquired Fister, in that i'd lost my AAT then as he was rumored to be the fourth ptbnl in that trade, but it turned out to be Chance Ruffin instead..saving me a few more months of time with ma boy...until now. :(

Enjoy following this kids career, i think hes something special. I hope he doesnt get traded.

cheers.

BengalBJ selects outfielder Tyler Collins!!!

eeg9jCzk.jpg

Tyler James Collins

Drafted: 2011 - 6th Round (197th overall) from Howard JC in Big Spring, TX

Born: 06/06/1990 in Lubbock, TX

Height: 5' 11" Weight: 205

Bats: L Throws: L

Tyler Collins Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com

Edited by BengalBJ
Include details & links