Deleterious

2012 NBA Draft

The ties have been broken and we have the official order for the lottery. Second round order is at the link as well.

Ties broken for NBA Draft 2012 selection order | NBA.com

Team record (Lottery changes, out of 1,000)

Charlotte 7-59 250

Washington 20-46 199

Cleveland 21-45 138

New Orleans 21-45 137

Sacramento 22-44 76

New Jersey* 22-44 75

Golden State# 23-43 36

Toronto 23-43 35

Detroit 25-41 17

Minnesota (To New Orleans via LA Clippers) 26-40 11

Portland 28-38 8

Milwaukee 31-35 7

Phoenix 33-33 6

Houston 34-32 5

The order for the remainder of the first round picks is as follows:

15. Philadelphia 35-31

16. New York (To Houston) 36-30

17. Dallas 36-30

18. Utah (To Minnesota) 36-30

19. Orlando 37-29

20. Denver 38-28

21. Boston 39-27

22. LA Clippers (To Boston via OKC) 40-26

23. Atlanta 40-26

24. LA Lakers (To Cleveland) 41-25

25. Memphis 41-25

26. Indiana 42-24

27. Miami 46-20

28. Oklahoma City 47-19

29. Chicago 50-16

30. San Antonio (To Golden State) 50-16

* - This pick may be conveyed to Portland.

# - This pick may be conveyed to Utah via New Jersey.

Physically, Henson looks like Austin Daye, and we all know how well he's worked out.

I've always loved Henson and would love to see that happen. If he was available, then I'd consider it a steal as I think he is a top-5 talent.

Physically, Henson looks like Austin Daye, and we all know how well he's worked out.

Still have no idea what to think of Henson, as far as how good he could be, But he is much tougher and smarter than Daye.

I've always loved Henson and would love to see that happen. If he was available, then I'd consider it a steal as I think he is a top-5 talent.

I think I could live with Henson at #9, depending on who else is available.

I don't see him ever adding a lot of weight though. His frame is just too small and he has those narrow shoulders like Hasheem Thabeet.

I don't think there is any question he projects as a better player than Griffin. KG is the best comparison I have seen as well. Griffin is a nice player, but his D is just so atrocious.

I see way more Marcus Camby in Davis than I do KG at similar ages. He's got Camby's long, lithe frame/long arms. Like Camby at a similar age, Davis relies more on putbacks and lob dunks and transition baskets than post moves of any sort.

The thing about KG is that he would have been an elite player if you shrunk him four inches due to his superior athleticism, coordination, and intensity. I can't really judge Davis on his intensity as of yet, but he's just not a KG caliber athlete.

KG as a senior in HS: Senior footage

KG his rookie year in the next clip. Started out pressing too much, but at about the 2:00 mark in the clip notice how nice his mid-range jumper is and how competent he looks in the post:

Davis will be a very good piece for the team that is lucky enough to get him, but he is still too raw on offense to compare to just about any elite big man at this stage. Comparing Davis to KG, to me, is like comparing John Wall to Iverson. Since the rash of one-and-done players began pouring into the NBA (and even a little before), we've been forced to compare these very incomplete prospects to top prospects of the past and I just can't do it.

I see way more Marcus Camby in Davis than I do KG at similar ages. He's got Camby's long, lithe frame/long arms. Like Camby at a similar age, Davis relies more on putbacks and lob dunks and transition baskets than post moves of any sort.

The thing about KG is that he would have been an elite player if you shrunk him four inches due to his superior athleticism, coordination, and intensity. I can't really judge Davis on his intensity as of yet, but he's just not a KG caliber athlete.

KG as a senior in HS: Senior footage

KG his rookie year in the next clip. Started out pressing too much, but at about the 2:00 mark in the clip notice how nice his mid-range jumper is and how competent he looks in the post:

Davis will be a very good piece for the team that is lucky enough to get him, but he is still too raw on offense to compare to just about any elite big man at this stage. Comparing Davis to KG, to me, is like comparing John Wall to Iverson. Since the rash of one-and-done players began pouring into the NBA (and even a little before), we've been forced to compare these very incomplete prospects to top prospects of the past and I just can't do it.

Well for one, KG was an elite player. Lets get that out of the way. I can see you saying he was a bit more developed offensively early on than Davis though. However, I think you can see more skill in Davis than a guy like Camby for certain, with potential to grow into a KG. He also has a chance to be a similar defender to KG but with better shotblocking. Davis just had one of the more dominating defensive seasons we have ever seen, he's a hell of a player.

Well for one, KG was an elite player. Lets get that out of the way. I can see you saying he was a bit more developed offensively early on than Davis though. However, I think you can see more skill in Davis than a guy like Camby for certain, with potential to grow into a KG. He also has a chance to be a similar defender to KG but with better shotblocking. Davis just had one of the more dominating defensive seasons we have ever seen, he's a hell of a player.

I may open up a can of worms with this, but Davis was a freshman dominating other good underclassmen and also-ran seniors. Putting up five blocks every night in 2012 isn't what it was when there were mature 20, 21, and 22-year-olds still patrolling the paint in the 80's, 90's and even early 2000's. I look back at some of the great shot blockers, and yes, Davis could very well end up being mentioned in the same paragraph as Mutombo, Eaton, Olajuwon, or Ewing. But could he also end up being Marcus Camby, Theo Ratliff or even Sam Bowie? It could happen, the level of competition Davis has played against at the college level blushes compared to the aforementioned shot blocking monsters squared off against. It's so hard to project what a 18/19-year-old kid will project to compared to a 20-something. There are exceptions like Shaq, Zo, Ewing, (H)Akeem and even Howard and maybe even Garnett at 18/19, but I just don't see this level of elite from Davis.

If Davis works really, really hard he could develop into a really good all-around center—but I think he's in for a rude awakening when he gets into the L. He will need to make constant physical gains to keep from getting powered off the block, and he'll need to put in major, major work on his offensive repitoire. I'm not saying he can't do it—Deke and Olajuwon were very raw offensively when they came to the NBA, and both improved dramatically (Olajuwon much more so, obviously, but Mutombo came a long way too). I hate comparing Davis to either, really, because both of these big men hit the ground running in the NBA. I don't see that from Davis, he's just too raw and slight at this point at a smallish 220.

That's who I think of when watching Davis play as well. I don't think that's an insult either, Camby is a very good player.

I may open up a can of worms with this, but Davis was a freshman dominating other good underclassmen and also-ran seniors. Putting up five blocks every night in 2012 isn't what it was when there were mature 20, 21, and 22-year-olds still patrolling the paint in the 80's, 90's and even early 2000's. I look back at some of the great shot blockers, and yes, Davis could very well end up being mentioned in the same paragraph as Mutombo, Eaton, Olajuwon, or Ewing. But could he also end up being Marcus Camby, Theo Ratliff or even Sam Bowie? It could happen, the level of competition Davis has played against at the college level blushes compared to the aforementioned shot blocking monsters squared off against. It's so hard to project what a 18/19-year-old kid will project to compared to a 20-something. There are exceptions like Shaq, Zo, Ewing, (H)Akeem and even Howard and maybe even Garnett at 18/19, but I just don't see this level of elite from Davis.

If Davis works really, really hard he could develop into a really good all-around center—but I think he's in for a rude awakening when he gets into the L. He will need to make constant physical gains to keep from getting powered off the block, and he'll need to put in major, major work on his offensive repitoire. I'm not saying he can't do it—Deke and Olajuwon were very raw offensively when they came to the NBA, and both improved dramatically (Olajuwon much more so, obviously, but Mutombo came a long way too). I hate comparing Davis to either, really, because both of these big men hit the ground running in the NBA. I don't see that from Davis, he's just too raw and slight at this point at a smallish 220.

Yah I'm calling BS on this one. Its not like he faltered against top competition or something. All you have to do is watch Davis to see that he is one of the elite shot blockers we have ever seen. If this kind of thing was regular these days, you might have a point, but its not in any way.

I can see the Camby comparisons, but I think he will be much more. It will be interesting to watch.

Yah I'm calling BS on this one. Its not like he faltered against top competition or something. All you have to do is watch Davis to see that he is one of the elite shot blockers we have ever seen. If this kind of thing was regular these days, you might have a point, but its not in any way.

I can see the Camby comparisons, but I think he will be much more. It will be interesting to watch.

I guess it depends on what your definition of top competition is. NCAA hoops is turning into glorified AAU ball, and it has been heading in that direction for years thanks to the sneaker companies.

As far as Davis being an elite human eraser in the NBA, we'll see. It is no insult to compare him to someone like Ratliff or Camby. We'll see if he gives me Olajuwon, Mutombo, or Ewing flashbacks over the next several seasons. Unless he gets hurt, he'll have plenty of chances to impress me.

In the meantime, is he really a better prospect than Lucas Nogueira (Bebe) of Brazil?:

It is so hard to project these guys when they are playing against teenagers, as opposed to the most athletic, strongest bigs in the world. It isn't like we had the luxury of watching Davis play against another good big with any regularity, and I really think anymore the "sure thing" bigs are a thing of the past. They leave school severely underdeveloped and are thrown into the deep end of the NBA before they can polish their post game, mid-range jumper, and stack on the extra 20 pound of muscle most of them need to make it. Tim Duncan should be the model for any big man who goes to college in this regard, but most of them think they are the next Garnett, Bosh, or Howard.

A lot of what you say is true. Yes, you'd like a Duncan type more than a Bosh type. Yes, the talent level is diluted. No, he may not be the next Olajuwon. No, its not insulting to be a Camby or Ratliff necessarily.

I just think you are off on Davis in the end. He might never be the overall player Hakeem was, I don't know, but all you had to do was watch him play and there is no denying he is a very, very special shotblocking talent. Comparing to Camby, while maybe not the biggest insult, is probalby not fair either. He's a lot better ball handler and overall more skilled offensively. You could see his jumper starting to come around towards the end of the year. He's raw, but skilled. He's more athletic,active and light on his feet as well. I'd argue he dominated college more as a freshman than Camby did as a junior. Davis shot .623 this year, Camby was .500 for his career and .477 as a junior. Davis lead the nation in PER, which doesn't even factor blocks or overall defense and he blocke more shots per game than Camby by a solid margin as well. Davis has work to do as a 1 on 1 defender, but Camby was never the kind of overall defender he is. He can't switch on to guards like Davis or cover near as much ground. You are selling him short, KG or not KG

Comparing to Camby, while maybe not the biggest insult, is probalby not fair either. He's a lot better ball handler and overall more skilled offensively. You could see his jumper starting to come around towards the end of the year. He's raw, but skilled. He's more athletic,active and light on his feet as well. I'd argue he dominated college more as a freshman than Camby did as a junior. Davis shot .623 this year, Camby was .500 for his career and .477 as a junior. Davis lead the nation in PER, which doesn't even factor blocks or overall defense and he blocke more shots per game than Camby by a solid margin as well. Davis has work to do as a 1 on 1 defender, but Camby was never the kind of overall defender he is. He can't switch on to guards like Davis or cover near as much ground. You are selling him short, KG or not KG

I think it is worth mentioning that while Camby's career hasn't been HOF worthy, the guy is currently 13th all-time in career blocks and has let the league in that category three different times. He put his team full of no-names on his back and led them to the final four his junior year. Davis was on a team full of McDonald's AA's. I'm pretty sure Camby had to work pretty hard to beat those double and triple teams en route to scoring 20+ PTS that year—no MGK, Lamb, etc to keep people honest. Travisio and Padilla were a decent college backcourt, but there was no second star on that team. Kentucky's entire starting five just declared for the draft. I think you could put Stu Douglass on the court with that Kentucky team and he would have an honest shot of flirting with 50%, let alone Davis who scored on cleaning up garbage, in transition, and on ally-oops. Mutombo shot over 70% his first two years at G'town playing next to Mourning, but Camby was the better offensive player at that level.

As far as what Davis does in the L, I'm anxious to see. He has all the tools to be a first-team All-Defender, and he'll need to pump some serious iron to get there. Unfortunately, he's going to probably go to a really bad team that needs more from him than he is capable of giving for a few years. I can't imagine having that kind of pressure as a teenager, having a whole market depending on you like that.

He would be the perfect piece for the Pistons to add next to Monroe, but he likely won't have it that good wherever he goes. We'll see how he does when he's playing on a below-average starting five.

I'm aware of what Camby has accomplished, but he always had a ceiling. He was never going to be better than probably the 4th best player on a good team. I still think as a prospect, he doesn't compare to Davis. Davis is just much more skilled and athletic.

Calling Davis a product of a good team is pretty weak. Terrance Jones was on that team and is a plus athlete and overall talent. He never dominated like Davis. You don't see John Henson doing at UNC what Davis did at UK. The guy probably had the 2nd most dominating freshman season of all time. That's no fluke