Deleterious

2012 NBA Draft

I hope they don't go with the Chad Ford predicted philosophy, the Pistons need to swing for the fences, not play it safe. Sullinger is one of those guys who I think isn't going to get much better, I'd rather they go for a guy with the higher ceiling.

If they end up at #8, I wouldn't even mind them trading down, pick up two first round picks, get guys like Rivers/Moultrie/Henson.

I would love to pick up either Rivers or Moultrie. A recent mock I saw had us selecting Moultrie and Rivers going the pick after, but lots could change between now and the draft. A good or bad work out here or there, a truth or bogus rumor there, and players shoot up/drop like rocks in the lottery.

There won't be enough players left for Kentucky to field a team, lol.

I kinda thought that too. Then I looked on Scout and they have the #1 ranked class coming in this year again. Three 5* and one 4* player, plus Kyle Wiltjer is coming back and he was a 5* last year. Plus two 5* guys that have not committed yet still list Kentucky as possible schools they will attend. Its insane the talent they get.

How long before Kentucky gets the death penalty? It is a matter of time, must be they think it is worth it now for the eventually violations coming with Calipari. The recruits they have been getting are just too elite consistently to be believed, I don't think it is *just* because of the coach, it's deep pockets.

How long before Kentucky gets the death penalty? It is a matter of time, must be they think it is worth it now for the eventually violations coming with Calipari. The recruits they have been getting are just too elite consistently to be believed, I don't think it is *just* because of the coach, it's deep pockets.

Maybe. But you also have to remember the goal for most of the big time recruits is to get to the NBA as quickly as possibly. No coach has been better recently with that than Calipari and he is riding a wave of momentum right now after the NCAA championship that was highlighted by freshman and sophomore stars.

Agreed Hart. Not to say that Calipari isn't slimy, but the one and done types at the top of classes want to play for this guy. He's more than just a salesman, he's a very good coach who prepares them for the NBA while also getting them to buy into a system in college.

He has a pretty stacked roster for right now, but he needs to find his next great PG or they are in a bit of trouble probably. Its funny because Teague is the one guy who should have stayed. Oh well.

Pistons currently sit 9th in the draft lottery. There is a decent chance they jump up to 10th over Minnesota.

Well I was hoping we'd get a little better pick than that, but we should be able to find a good player there. Maybe one of the Jones', Moultrie,Leonard or even a Jeremy Lamb.

People are saying last nights loss guarantees the Pistons will be 1-9 in the lottery, no chance of climbing to 10.

People are saying last nights loss guarantees the Pistons will be 1-9 in the lottery, no chance of climbing to 10.

Well, this is encouraging. Another good pick and some roster shuffling and I think this team won't be all that bad.

Only 2 more years of CV and Ben.

Pistons are tanking right now, CV will get them more draft balls. Frank is messing around.

Barnes has now become underrated. HE might not be the next Kobe like they said out of HS, but he's still likely to be a pretty good player, in the Danny Granger mold. Good defender, team and man, very good shooter and can get his shot himself. You'd like more aggression and better finishing at the rim plus better passing, but you take what you can get with him. He should at the least be in the conversation with Beal and MKG and probably should go ahead of them.

Barnes in not underrated as a prospect IMO. Most services have him where he should be. Some too high still for my liking. Fine line between Wes Johnson and Danny Granger, Granger can get his own shot, Harrison has to develop that yet and Wes never will.

Barnes has now become underrated. HE might not be the next Kobe like they said out of HS, but he's still likely to be a pretty good player, in the Danny Granger mold. Good defender, team and man, very good shooter and can get his shot himself. You'd like more aggression and better finishing at the rim plus better passing, but you take what you can get with him. He should at the least be in the conversation with Beal and MKG and probably should go ahead of them.

Over Beal? I think I would take MKG over him too.

3 teams with 22 wins to Pistons 23. Would be great to go from 9 to 6. Odds of first pick go from 1.7 to 6.3.

Toronto is one of those teams with two losses and we play them tonight. Also, Toronto plays New Jersey the last game of the season, another team with two losses. So it it very important we lose tonight's game. Every little bit of percentage, not just to get the #1 pick, but just to even get in the top 3.

Toronto is one of those teams with two losses and we play them tonight. Also, Toronto plays New Jersey the last game of the season, another team with two losses. So it it very important we lose tonight's game. Every little bit of percentage, not just to get the #1 pick, but just to even get in the top 3.

And of course, they win.

With 2 games left, the Pistons are 1 game behind (Ahead?) of Golden State. Not sure on the tiebreaker rules or what team wins a tie breaker. But anyway, 8th or 9th are now the only two spots Detroit can end up in the lottery.

With 2 games left, the Pistons are 1 game behind (Ahead?) of Golden State. Not sure on the tiebreaker rules or what team wins a tie breaker. But anyway, 8th or 9th are now the only two spots Detroit can end up in the lottery.

Well, at least it is a strong draft. Honestly, I think with what we have seen with Brandon Knight the last month, the Pistons have hit on their mid-late lottery picks in two consecutive drafts. If we made it three in a row, that would be a pretty impressive feat by Pistons management.

It would have been nicer to be at 6 or 7, but what can you do. Maybe one of those top 6 or 7 guys falls, otherwise you still have some solid talent available to you.