Deleterious

2012 NBA Draft

I've never wanted the #1 pick like I do this year. The Lebron year we had to get 2 or lower and Wall and Kyrie are nice, but Davis is just such a rare talent and a perfect fit for not only how this team is constructed, but how the Pistons have typically built a team.

Sullinger is declaring for the draft.

Also there are unconfirmed reports that Trey Burke will be entering the D-League next year.

Also there are unconfirmed reports that Trey Burke will be entering the D-League next year.

To me Burke would be best served staying in college for one more year, honing his craft, and working his way to becoming a 1st round pick. I wonder if he's being advised to play in the D-league, or if he just doesn't want to go to college for another year.

I was hoping Mcadoo was a guy we might be able to get assuming we weren't top 4 or 5. Damn. Agree with the site that called him Josh Smith with a jumper, which would be a perfect fit for us.

I'd take Fab in the 2nd.

I was hoping Mcadoo was a guy we might be able to get assuming we weren't top 4 or 5. Damn. Agree with the site that called him Josh Smith with a jumper, which would be a perfect fit for us.

I'd take Fab in the 2nd.

Josh Smith was far ahead of McAdoo when they were both the same age.

I don't agree. He may have had the slight edge in athleticism I guess. Either way, not really my point. I'm more worried about what he can become and I like Mcadoo's attitude and offensive skill level more and I think he can be the same kind of impact defender.

I don't agree. He may have had the slight edge in athleticism I guess. Either way, not really my point. I'm more worried about what he can become and I like Mcadoo's attitude and offensive skill level more and I think he can be the same kind of impact defender.

Josh Smith averaged 9, 2 blocks, 6 boards on 45% shooting in the NBA at the same age, and is more athletic.

Josh Smith averaged 9, 2 blocks, 6 boards on 45% shooting in the NBA at the same age, and is more athletic.

Well, he was really really raw at that time, he couldn't hit a jump shot either, McAdoo is more skilled/polished at the same age, even though McAdoo is in college.

Been seeing a lot of that. Probably not #1 to me, but top 5 for sure.

Yogi Ferrell is an elite PG on day #1. Too quick to be stopped, pass first PG with legit scoring options to dish to. Best offensive team in the country if not best overall team IMO. Maybe if Kentucky gets Nerlens Noel and Shabazz Muhummad, other than that, I like IU.

Yogi Ferrell is an elite PG on day #1. Too quick to be stopped, pass first PG with legit scoring options to dish to. Best offensive team in the country if not best overall team IMO. Maybe if Kentucky gets Nerlens Noel and Shabazz Muhummad, other than that, I like IU.

You don't have to convince me. Campus is absolutely buzzing. People are already going nuts for next year. I think Muhammed either goes to UCLA or is declared ineligible, and Noel probably goes to UK.

Love Ferrell. Add Perea, Jurken, Patterson and Hollowell to Sheehey, Elston, and Hulls coming off the bench, IU is 10+ deep.

Back to the point of this thread though, I wonder where guys like Jones and Sullinger are going to go. Could be #3, could be #13. What a deep draft.

I hope they don't go with the Chad Ford predicted philosophy, the Pistons need to swing for the fences, not play it safe. Sullinger is one of those guys who I think isn't going to get much better, I'd rather they go for a guy with the higher ceiling.

If they end up at #8, I wouldn't even mind them trading down, pick up two first round picks, get guys like Rivers/Moultrie/Henson.

Edited by DrWho17

You just cannot pair SUllinger with Monroe IMO. Its a bad fit, too much similarity, too little defense. No thank you. You either need a bruising C next to Monroe, a Perkins, Bynum whatever or you need a long,athletic PF who cover his arse. Anthony Davis being the ideal candidate, but likely a lesser version

You just cannot pair SUllinger with Monroe IMO. Its a bad fit, too much similarity, too little defense. No thank you. You either need a bruising C next to Monroe, a Perkins, Bynum whatever or you need a long,athletic PF who cover his arse. Anthony Davis being the ideal candidate, but likely a lesser version

I agree Sullinger is not ideal, but If Sullinger is actually better than the other options you can take him. Monroe's shortcomings (not an ideal dump it in the post scorer,defensive rebounding, shot blocking) Make it tough to find the perfect compliment.

I tend to think that if Sully's back holds up, he can provide post scoring and help on the defensive boards. Gotta keep looking for the "bruising" post defender anyway, when you find him you have a solid 3 man rotation. I am sure that Sullinger has the ball skills to make it in the League, I would take him over a wing that has "potential".

Edited by ScrubBeaterUpper