Deleterious

2012 NBA Draft

I don't see C.Zeller staying, he's a lottery lock. Who knows though.

I am also intrigued by Perry and Terrance Jones if we are in the mid to late lottery. High upside gambles. Terrance is kind of a Josh Smith/Lamar Odom hybrid and Perry has all kinds of intriguing talents. Talents that probably better fit the NBA game.

I don't see C.Zeller staying, he's a lottery lock. Who knows though.

By all accounts, he wants to finish school. I'll believe that when I see it, but the general consensus here on campus is that he's staying at least one more year. He doesn't seem like one and done guy anyway. The team is going to be much better next year, as they return everyone, plus 3 top 40's, with a chance to reach the final 4.

2013 drafts have him in the top 5, so it may be wise for him to stay at least a year. Obviously anything can happen in the next year+ but this class is pretty stacked.

DraftExpress: Mock Draft

2013 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

Edited by alwaysthrowheat

By all accounts, he wants to finish school. I'll believe that when I see it, but the general consensus here on campus is that he's staying at least one more year. He doesn't seem like one and done guy anyway. The team is going to be much better next year, as they return everyone, plus 3 top 40's, with a chance to reach the final 4.

2013 drafts have him in the top 5, so it may be wise for him to stay at least a year. Obviously anything can happen in the next year+ but this class is pretty stacked.

NBA draftnet has Trevor Mbwakwe going #8 in 2013? Wow.

MKG said the same thing about 2 days before it came out that he was leaving. We just hear so much of this every year. Barnes is staying until he wins a national title for example. Nothing personal against Zeller. I do like that Indiana team though.

If you believe the fix is in, put your money on NO. They would love to place a new star on a league owned team thats up for sale.

Exactly. New Orleans will get the #1 pick

I'd guess it is 70-30 Zeller stays right now. Still worth discussing as a prospect this year though because you never know.

And if he does come out, I think he could fall anywhere in the lottery from 2 on down.

Cody Zeller is another guy that intrigues me. I know he does not have the shot blocking potential we all want in a center but his all around game is pretty impressive for a freshman big man. I see him being at top 10, maybe even top 5, center for a long time in the NBA. If we are picking in the 4-7 range in the draft, that would be at all a bad get.

Neither Zeller will be much in the pro's, they are too slow and unathletic, Joel Pryzbilla types I would guess.

Disagree, Cody's best attribute is his quickness.

Can also run the floor and didn't have much trouble scoring on Anthony Davis either. Once he learns to shoot the 18-21 footer, he'll be a mini Pau.

Yeah, he is extremely athletic from what I can see, quick leaper, can play above the rim and all that, exceptionally quick for a 6-11 guy. It was draftexpress.com that listed his span at only 6-8. That is very unusual and wonder how it will effect his stock after he is offically measured in both span and standing reach.

Can also run the floor and didn't have much trouble scoring on Anthony Davis either. Once he learns to shoot the 18-21 footer, he'll be a mini Pau.

Everyone scores on Davis though. Great shot blocker, bad one on one defender.

Neither Zeller will be much in the pro's, they are too slow and unathletic, Joel Pryzbilla types I would guess.

I would not describe either as slow or unathletic.

I would not describe either as slow or unathletic.

Well, maybe not compared to you or me, but compared to their peers their measurables are subpar, but heh people keep drafting these type of guys, the great white hope is still out there some where, I just don't want the Pistons to do it.

Everyone scores on Davis though. Great shot blocker, bad one on one defender.

I wouldn't say he's "bad". He's okay. When he puts on 40 pounds he'll be much better. Seemed like his positioning was pretty good.

Well, maybe not compared to you or me, but compared to their peers their measurables are subpar, but heh people keep drafting these type of guys, the great white hope is still out there some where, I just don't want the Pistons to do it.

He runs the floor extremely well, can't agree with you there. I don't care if his arms are long or short as long as he puts the ball in the basket. He certainly ran Myers Leonard all over the place.

Edited by alwaysthrowheat

I wouldn't say he's "bad". He's okay. When he puts on 40 pounds he'll be much better. Seemed like his positioning was pretty good.

I think bad is a fine description. You can be bad at something for many reasons. With Davis I agree its not positioning or lack of understanding, its a weight/strength issue. Thats why Zeller scoring on him didn't impress me.

For the record, I'm a Zeller fan.

I think bad is a fine description. You can be bad at something for many reasons. With Davis I agree its not positioning or lack of understanding, its a weight/strength issue. Thats why Zeller scoring on him didn't impress me.

For the record, I'm a Zeller fan.

Fair enough. I guess "bad" is subjective. He's probably "bad" by NBA standards, but probably not for college.

So basically you are calling them slow and unathletic because they are white? Ok. I think strength might be an issue with Tyler, but he moves very well for a big, and his brother even more so. I'm not a big Tyler fan, but I think Cody can be pretty good, like a Monroe or Brook Lopez.

A ton of potential talent on the floor tonight in the NC game. Draft Express tweeted you potentially have 3 of the top 5 picks and 7 or 8 first round picks playing tonight.

A ton of potential talent on the floor tonight in the NC game. Draft Express tweeted you potentially have 3 of the top 5 picks and 7 or 8 first round picks playing tonight.

The more I watch Thomas Robinson this tournament, the more I like him. I can't remember the last college post player that works harder for the ball in the post. Unfortunately for him tonight, he is just overmatched against Kentucky's NBA front line. 1 vs. 3 is not fair.

Anthony Davis is one of the goofiest looking people I've ever seen.

That being said, he's the next patrick Ewing. Is there some European guy that Joe would select instead?

Why mess with the current crop of guys by adding someone in the draft when you have a team that is on pace for the 8th seed in in the East for the next decade! Who wants to mess with that? We could be the next Atlanta Hawks squad, minus a Joe Johnson.