Deleterious

2012 NBA Draft

Arnett Moultrie, that guy sounds like a good pick for the Pistons, not sure why some mocks have him so low, do people really think a guy like Tyler Zeller is going to have a better chance of success in the Pro's then Moultrie a 6'11 athletic freak with offensive skill.

Arnett Moultrie, that guy sounds like a good pick for the Pistons, not sure why some mocks have him so low, do people really think a guy like Tyler Zeller is going to have a better chance of success in the Pro's then Moultrie a 6'11 athletic freak with offensive skill.

The only problem I have with Moultrie is he blocks less than 1 shot per game, which is absurd for a guy with his size and athleticism.

Now Davis undecided, that's just funny. That kid is going pro.

I think I want THomas Robinson in Detroit

I like Thomas Robinson a lot as well. He would probably be my third choice, behind Davis and Gilchrist.

I think I'd rather have Robinson than Gilchrist.

Yeah, I like Gilchrist, but I think hype is moving him too high. I thought moving up in the top 10 was about right, but some people have him #2.

Yeah, I like Gilchrist, but I think hype is moving him too high. I thought moving up in the top 10 was about right, but some people have him #2.

I just don't see superstar potential. He's a great kid, great worker and great athlete, but he's a Josh Smith, Gerald Walalce type I think, a 3rd best player on your team type. He might make all star games and will be a good pick for someone(like Cleveland), but I don't konw about #2 overall.

I just don't see superstar potential. He's a great kid, great worker and great athlete, but he's a Josh Smith, Gerald Walalce type I think, a 3rd best player on your team type. He might make all star games and will be a good pick for someone(like Cleveland), but I don't konw about #2 overall.

Gerald Wallace is a good comparison.

Gerald Wallace is a good comparison.

That is the most popular comparison I have seen and I agree it is a good one. But I also definitely think Gilchrist has more upside. I know his shot is not considered one his strengths but if you watched the Indiana game last night, you could see it has more potential than what Wallace has. Indiana dared him to shoot and while I will admit he is not a serious threat as a jump shooter yet, he has a nice form. It is not really mechanical like I thought it might be. He was 10-10 on free throws in the game and he looked good on those also...I think he could be in the 80 percent range as a pro.

I'd consider him at #2 if the Pistons were there. There is not a guy that clearly stands out ahead of him IMO. I would also consider guys like Barnes, Drummond, and Robinson there but those guys have drawbacks as well.

I would be happy with Gilchrist, or even Barnes, as a consolation prize.

Quite honestly, as the year progresses, I am feeling a lot, lot, better about our last two lottery picks. David Thorpe just wrote an article on espn about Griffin is by far the best sophomore and Monroe is by far the second best. And based on what we are seeing with Knight, I think he has a great chance to make some of same strides next year that Monroe made this year. Even though neither player may be a top 2 player on a championship team, it is nice to see some of our draft picks pan out. And when you are picking mid to lower lottery, that is not all bad.

Thing is though, Griffin isn't gettng any better and his game is all based on athleticsm, Monroe's is not and he is improving month over month.

Davis would make a huge difference and would truly be a franchise changer. Monroe and Davis would be devastating front line.

Davis would make a huge difference and would truly be a franchise changer. Monroe and Davis would be devastating front line.

They do pretty much complement each other perfectly.

Right now, it looks like New Orleans, Charlotte, and Washington will end up with the three worst records. The Pistons need to avoid another late season run and nab that 4th worst record to give us the best possible odds at Davis.

What a waste it would be, hopefully the fix is in for the new owner T Gores to get D-town the top pick. If they don't get Davis, I don't really think it matters where they pick, the rest of the draft is just MEH.

New Orleans - despicable former owner, not a basketball hotbed, gave up star for a bag of chips.

Charlotte - franchise destroying shouldn't be rewarded, how many teams do these guys get?

Washington - always sucked, doesn't deserve success, place where players go on their way out of the league.

Edited by DrWho17

If you believe the fix is in, put your money on NO. They would love to place a new star on a league owned team thats up for sale.

I got to watch Davis and MKG live in ATL. They are both physically imposing players, and Davis is a freakish athlete with unbelievable defensive instincts. He seemed to stop the break by himself, and was often in the right spot. Zeller had a few good moves on him, but he's pretty good in his own right. MKG, if he improves his jump shot, will be a really good second or unbelievable third guy on a title contender. Gerald Wallace is a good comparison.

I think Davis could even grow another inch or two, and his stroke looked good at the FT line, and he hit a 20 footer too. His athleticism reminds me of a young C-Webb.

Lamb and Miller could both score, and I think they'll both be good role players. Teague, however, I was not at all impressed with. He needs at least one, probably two more years in college.

Edited by alwaysthrowheat

Watching Perry Jones closer is making me want to gamble if we fall out of top 5 contention. Everything negative they say about him is true at the College level, but those are NBA talents when he actually ,you know, does something. Quick, amazing leaper, great touch on jumper, amazing "Sheed" turnaround fade jumper in the post. Have to fix the soft effort on D, Wish he could provide some inside D, probably won't at a high level,but he moves so fluid.... you know, when he actually, like, does something. Talent level = #2 pick in the draft, if you can get those at a discount at say between 8-12, I'd gamble if the "right guys" are already drafted.

Still like a discounted Terrance Jones too. Draft has much better athletes than last years, where slow footed behmoth's seemed to abound... Speaking of, I hear Jonas Valaciunus is looking like a star, seriously, good for him and Toronto.

Edited by ScrubBeaterUpper

I got to watch Davis and MKG live in ATL. They are both physically imposing players, and Davis is a freakish athlete with unbelievable defensive instincts. He seemed to stop the break by himself, and was often in the right spot. Zeller had a few good moves on him, but he's pretty good in his own right. MKG, if he improves his jump shot, will be a really good second or unbelievable third guy on a title contender. Gerald Wallace is a good comparison.

I think Davis could even grow another inch or two, and his stroke looked good at the FT line, and he hit a 20 footer too. His athleticism reminds me of a young C-Webb.

Lamb and Miller could both score, and I think they'll both be good role players. Teague, however, I was not at all impressed with. He needs at least one, probably two more years in college.

Cody Zeller is another guy that intrigues me. I know he does not have the shot blocking potential we all want in a center but his all around game is pretty impressive for a freshman big man. I see him being at top 10, maybe even top 5, center for a long time in the NBA. If we are picking in the 4-7 range in the draft, that would be at all a bad get.

Had another thought, Meyers Leonard = Orlando era Darko.

I'd look at Fab Melo in the 2nd too. Ezeli from Vandy could be a decent selection in that range too.

Edited by ScrubBeaterUpper

Like Cody Zellers game too, somewhere I read he had short arms, like a weird 6-8 wingspan on a 6-11 frame. We'll see how that checks out, Blake Griffin had short arms too.

Cody Zeller is another guy that intrigues me. I know he does not have the shot blocking potential we all want in a center but his all around game is pretty impressive for a freshman big man. I see him being at top 10, maybe even top 5, center for a long time in the NBA. If we are picking in the 4-7 range in the draft, that would be at all a bad get.

Zeller is staying at least one year, and probably more. I'd be shocked to see him come out.

Anyone who could be a first round NBA draft pick but stays in college is a stupid person who doesn't know anything about the value of money.

College will always be there if you choose to go back.

It would be pretty hard not to take the money and run, especially if your ambition is to play in the NBA. If you can accomplish that goal early, and make yourself (and probably your family) financially secure, go for it.