Deleterious

2012 NBA Draft

I would be happy with Gilchrist, or even Barnes, as a consolation prize.

Quite honestly, as the year progresses, I am feeling a lot, lot, better about our last two lottery picks. David Thorpe just wrote an article on espn about Griffin is by far the best sophomore and Monroe is by far the second best. And based on what we are seeing with Knight, I think he has a great chance to make some of same strides next year that Monroe made this year. Even though neither player may be a top 2 player on a championship team, it is nice to see some of our draft picks pan out. And when you are picking mid to lower lottery, that is not all bad.

Do you consider Sullinger the kind of big we could stick next to Monroe? I mean, heaven forbid we end up with the fourth or worse pick, but if Drummond, Davis and Henson go, then would you be ok with Sullinger?

Do you consider Sullinger the kind of big we could stick next to Monroe? I mean, heaven forbid we end up with the fourth or worse pick, but if Drummond, Davis and Henson go, then would you be ok with Sullinger?

I think the Pistons would be hard pressed to get where they want to with two below the rim players and neither much good at protecting the basket. I would not rule him out because I think there are multiple ways to win in this league but he is far from an ideal fit.

I under that scenario no, with Robinson and Gilchrist still on the board but if Drummond stayed in school, and it went Davis, MKG, Robinson I'd draft Sullinger as BPA. This team isn't making a finals run anytime soon, they can worry about fit later. If they ended up at #8 again I would take Henson I like him better than Perry Jones but this draft falls off considerably after the top 5-6.

I under that scenario no, with Robinson and Gilchrist still on the board but if Drummond stayed in school, and it went Davis, MKG, Robinson I'd draft Sullinger as BPA. This team isn't making a finals run anytime soon, they can worry about fit later. If they ended up at #8 again I would take Henson I like him better than Perry Jones but this draft falls off considerably after the top 5-6.

If the Pistons end up mid to lower lottery, I am starting to like Meyers Leonard from Illinois.

If the Pistons end up mid to lower lottery, I am starting to like Meyers Leonard from Illinois.

He has a lot of skills but was a whiny little ***** when I saw him in person the other night. Complained about every single call, lost his temper, started making some pretty stupid plays and eventually fouled out. He dominated Zeller for the first half, then IU changed the game plan, and Zeller took it to him.

I'd take a chance on him anywhere after #10.

Almost March so I guess we can formulate a decent wishlist, here our some guys I like:

1.)Anthony Davis (Insert 1,000,000th Marcus Camby reference here)

2.)(a)Thomas Robinson (Toss up at 2, would be happy with production over upside or vice versa)

2.)(b) Andre Drummond

4.)Kidd-Gilchrist (Bye TayShaun.)

These 4 standout as talent and good fits in Detroit, so we need top 4 to get real value. After this I see a dropoff, and are, IMO, similiar talents. Barnes and Sullinger both seem like solid pro's, Sullinger I think is a poor man's Kevin Love next level, he appears to have long arms and can be a double double guy much like Monroe. Shorter than Greg, but has better ball skills. Barnes, lacks explosion and strength to be a star. Could be Danny Granger lite, which is a legit NBA wing.

Bradley Beal reminds me of Eric Gordon, not hearing much about him, but he can bomb it and has good athletic gifts. I can't shake my feeling that Terrance Jones is a legit NBA scorer. I think Kentucky is bad for him. Can't get a feel for Henson's potential, need to watch Acy (Baylor) and Patric Young (Florida) again to form an opinion. Perry Jones III, if he is 6-11 and can leap out of the building, while running like a deer, why is averaging less than 1 block shot a game? The Zeller's and Meyers Leonard each show some talent athletically and are big and long, but they are white, so screw them :classic: Race phobia aside, I do like Meyers Leonard to be the 3rd man off the bench and block/alter shots and have a nice career. Cody Zeller probably comes back, and I don't like Tyler.

Should be able to bet a big man in this draft, so that is cool.

Almost March so I guess we can formulate a decent wishlist, here our some guys I like:

1.)Anthony Davis (Insert 1,000,000th Marcus Camby reference here)

2.)(a)Thomas Robinson (Toss up at 2, would be happy with production over upside or vice versa)

2.)(b) Andre Drummond

4.)Kidd-Gilchrist (Bye TayShaun.)

These 4 standout as talent and good fits in Detroit, so we need top 4 to get real value. After this I see a dropoff, and are, IMO, similiar talents. Barnes and Sullinger both seem like solid pro's, Sullinger I think is a poor man's Kevin Love next level, he appears to have long arms and can be a double double guy much like Monroe. Shorter than Greg, but has better ball skills. Barnes, lacks explosion and strength to be a star. Could be Danny Granger lite, which is a legit NBA wing.

Bradley Beal reminds me of Eric Gordon, not hearing much about him, but he can bomb it and has good athletic gifts. I can't shake my feeling that Terrance Jones is a legit NBA scorer. I think Kentucky is bad for him. Can't get a feel for Henson's potential, need to watch Acy (Baylor) and Patric Young (Florida) again to form an opinion. Perry Jones III, if he is 6-11 and can leap out of the building, while running like a deer, why is averaging less than 1 block shot a game? The Zeller's and Meyers Leonard each show some talent athletically and are big and long, but they are white, so screw them :classic: Race phobia aside, I do like Meyers Leonard to be the 3rd man off the bench and block/alter shots and have a nice career. Cody Zeller probably comes back, and I don't like Tyler.

Should be able to bet a big man in this draft, so that is cool.

Patrick Young is a guy that intrigues because the scouting reports I read of him remind of a young Ben Wallace. But I would like to see him block more shots.

Good for Gilchrist. Never understood why people make such a big deal out of guys staying. Some guys want to stay in school a little longer, for personal and professional reasons. Its not going to hurt him one bit, other than one year of being paid. He'll make plenty of millions when he goes pro.

Highlights of ESPNs Chad Ford's first full mock:

1.)Anthony Davis (Charlotte)

2.)Michael Kidd Gilchrist (Wizards)

3.)Thomas Robinson (Hornets)

4.)Bradley Beal (Portland via NJ)

5.)Harrison Barnes (Toronto)

6.)Andre Drummond (Pistons)

7.)James McAdoo (Sacramento)

8.)Cody Zeller (Cavs)

9.)Damien Lilliard (Jazz)

10.)Perry Jones (Bucks)

11.)Tyler Zeller (Portland)

12.)Kendall Marshall (Hornets)

13.)Jared Sullinger (Suns)

14.)Jeremy Lamb (Jazz)

Other:

Draymond Green 28th to Miami, John Henson 15 to Houston, Terrance Jones 17 to Boston, Austin Rivers 21 to Houston.

Too low for Sullinger, too much skill and strength to go 13, love Draymond in the first to Miami, Ford lists his wingspan at 7-0, not surprised, you can tell he has good length watching him play.

Highlights of ESPNs Chad Ford's first full mock:

1.)Anthony Davis (Charlotte)

2.)Michael Kidd Gilchrist (Wizards)

3.)Thomas Robinson (Hornets)

4.)Bradley Beal (Portland via NJ)

5.)Harrison Barnes (Toronto)

6.)Andre Drummond (Pistons)

7.)James McAdoo (Sacramento)

8.)Cody Zeller (Cavs)

9.)Damien Lilliard (Jazz)

10.)Perry Jones (Bucks)

11.)Tyler Zeller (Portland)

12.)Kendall Marshall (Hornets)

14.)Jeremy Lamb (Jazz)

Other:

Draymond Green 28th to Miami, John Henson 15 to Houston, Terrance Jones 17 to Boston, Austin Rivers 21 to Houston.

Too low for Sullinger, too much skill and strength to go 13, love Draymond in the first to Miami, Ford lists his wingspan at 7-0, not surprised, you can tell he has good length watching him play.

I highly doubt Cody Zeller goes pro. Same with McAdoo. Don't see Sullinger falling that far either.

Good for Gilchrist. Never understood why people make such a big deal out of guys staying. Some guys want to stay in school a little longer, for personal and professional reasons. Its not going to hurt him one bit, other than one year of being paid. He'll make plenty of millions when he goes pro.

Anyone who could be a first round NBA draft pick but stays in college is a stupid person who doesn't know anything about the value of money.

College will always be there if you choose to go back.

Too low for Sullinger, too much skill and strength to go 13,

I am not fully convinced that Sullinger comes out this season (although I would suspect it is likely) nor that he is a finished product. His hook and turnaround could probably use more height to it. Also, he has tried to work on his outside game which is still inconsistant. Granted his future is going to be predicated on his inside play, but at his shorter stature for inside play, dragging a taller defender outside once in a while is going to keep the opposition honest. And he's found himself in foul trouble at times this season.

Anyone who could be a first round NBA draft pick but stays in college is a stupid person who doesn't know anything about the value of money.

College will always be there if you choose to go back.

Sarcasm?

I doubt going back as a 35 year old would be near as enjoyable as it is for a young college sports player.