Sign in to follow this  
Los Gatos

Tigers Media Guides

Do any of you collect the annual Tigers media guides?

I was at a small card show today and picked up like-new copies of 1978 and 1983 on a whim for $1 each.

154758.jpg

The '78 is cool because it follows the first partial MLB season for Trammell, Whitaker, Parrish and Morris. I've only glanced at them so far, but already learned something I didn't know before (or had forgotten) - that Morris is the pitcher who replaced Fidrych on the roster in '77 when he went on the DL. The only other media guide I have is 2007, which is 460 pages, quite an expansion from '78 (72 pages) and '83 (76 pages).

I just discovered you can download copies of the media guides from 1961-2011 on the Tigers site. It's fun to see the old covers.

Detroit Tigers Media Guides | tigers.com: Fan Forum

I started a mid-late 90's collection, primarily because baseball coverage in the media was so minimal after the strike and I've been working on a side project studying those teams.

There are a bunch old of Tiger media guides in pdf form on the Tigers website (or at least they were last April). I downloaded a bunch from the 60s and 70s.