hail2mich

2012 Sugar Bowl: #11 Virginia Tech v. #13 Michigan

Anyone get Will Campbells stats? I looked everywhere this morning and couldnt find any defensive stats. They didnt even list tackles in the box score.

I don't know if DG should be the starter or not. But I think Denard has been bad enough that the job should be open through spring ball and probably into fall camp.

Its crazy that some people say this, while others (ie caputo) say he's on the short list for the heisman when next season starts.

I have no idea which is right, just the notion that opinions can be so divergent is really interesting to me

Denard was given no help by his line all game. At least that's how it seemed to me. I thought he played well all things considered.

Denard was awful last night. He never stepped into any of his throws. Terrible.

Ultimately, what this game showed was that Michigan doesn't have the talent to compete with a lot of schools, including ACC schools (puke). It's going to take awhile to get out from under Richrod's ****** recruiting.

I miss Michigan having big athletic receivers who could actually get open and catch the ball. Now I get to watch smurfs who can't catch.

Anyway, a win is a win is a win. 11-2 and a BCS win is a ridiculously awesome year. It won't happen next season, but who cares right now? A top 5 recruiting class and a return to Michigan football await. Looking forward to it.

Ultimately, what this game showed was that Michigan doesn't have the talent to compete with a lot of schools, including ACC schools (puke). It's going to take awhile to get out from under Richrod's ****** recruiting.

I miss Michigan having big athletic receivers who could actually get open and catch the ball. Now I get to watch smurfs who can't catch.

Anyway, a win is a win is a win. 11-2 and a BCS win is a ridiculously awesome year. It won't happen next season, but who cares right now? A top 5 recruiting class and a return to Michigan football await. Looking forward to it.

Hoke can have a few years in my mind until Shane Morris is ready...these are his JUNIOR year highlights. This is no Sam McGuffie...he's legit.

Hoke can have a few years in my mind until Shane Morris is ready...these are his JUNIOR year highlights. This is no Sam McGuffie...he's legit.

I wasn't really that impressed with the above video. It looked like his guys were REALLY wide open on most those passes. Has he been highly recruited by other schools? Where does he rank with other 2013 QB's? I can't seem to find much on him.

I don't know much about him. How many other schools had been recruiting him? I know he is a junior, but

I wasn't really that impressed with the above video. It looked like his guys were REALLY wide open on most those passes. Has he been highly recruited by other schools? Where does he rank with other 2013 QB's? I can't seem to find much on him.

I don't know much about him. How many other schools had been recruiting him? I know he is a junior, but

I think this says it all:

Scout.com: Football Recruiting

He committed pretty early to Michigan last year, so that probably explains why you don't see too many schools under his list. He was getting great reports from the camps with the 2012 QB recruits also in attendance.

He committed real early to Michigan.

I liked his confidence in the pocket, and scrambling. He was stepping into his throws, making quite a few nice passes, and not bouncing around too much.

Morris was often the best QB at the Nike camps going into his junior year matching up very favorably with guys a year older than he like Gunner Kiel.

Its crazy that some people say this, while others (ie caputo) say he's on the short list for the heisman when next season starts.

I have no idea which is right, just the notion that opinions can be so divergent is really interesting to me

That's exactly the way he plays. Looks like he should not be starting for long stretches and then goes and throws a couple of bombs or flies through the defense and all of a sudden he is all-world.

I can see the love for Gardner. A lot less dynamic, a little more consistent. The reason he has not looked like a starter is that he has yet to get starter minutes. Tough to play great when you get 5-6 plays a game (and not in the same series).

I agree Denard did not play very well in the game, but I think your point about the WRs is an important one. As bad as some of Denard's throws were, I didn't feel like he was missing a lot of open guys. It just seemed like between the O-Line and WRs nothing was happening on offense no matter who was in there. Outside of the Dileo drop, and a probable touchdown to Hemingway early that was knocked down at the line I didn't exactly see a ton of missed opportunities. Not any holes for the running game and no wide receivers getting open.

I think guys like Gallon, Dileo, Roundtree etc are fine as a #3/#4 slot type, and have a lot of value in the current style of play football is seeing, but in the end you need a #1 and #2 WR who can actually get open and get behind the defense. Hemingway was great as a big play guy this year, but even he didn't really have the speed or route running ability to beat CBs, leading to the reliance on jump balls.

By no means am I saying Denard is a very good passer, he isn't, but I think he's decent enough that his running ability makes him a very good overall QB when the offensive gameplan is built around his strengths. I'm definitely more worried next year about the D-Line and WR areas. Hopefully Darryl Stonum stops getting arrested and can help out at WR next year (of course, he just got arrested today so whoops)

One really encouraging thing for me was that Frank Clark looked awfully good, not just the INT but just his overall athletic ability on the field, the interior of the line next year is going to be a huge question mark, but between Ryan, Roh, Black, and Clark they could end up with a pretty good pass rush at least.