Sign in to follow this  
SpartanValor

Outback Bowl: MSU v. Georgia

Why do they keep throwing it short of the marker on 4th down?

So frustrating

Roushar is shockingly coaching like a numbnuts today.

Personally, I'd like to see some Maxwell for fun. He'll probably be dominated by this defense though.

Game is going horribly and now we're starting to talk about Michigan in the game thread. KILL ME NOW.

Yeah, not exactly sure why the Bo reference was necessary earlier...

Nonetheless, how about three pick sixes!

As a big time college football fan, I have absolutely zero idea how many Rose Bowls Bo won. The one thing I do know is that he never won a national championship.

His record in bowl games and the Rose Bowl was a significant part of his legacy and he was consistently questioned about his record in those games throughout his career and after his career was over. He was 2-8 in the Rose Bowl. The idea that bowl games are meaningless is a new one to me.

Roushar is shockingly coaching like a numbnuts today.

Personally, I'd like to see some Maxwell for fun. He'll probably be dominated by this defense though.

I meant on 3rd down, leading to 4th down, but yea the playcalling has been bad.

Huge turnover maybe will get state some momentum

His record in bowl games and the Rose Bowl was a significant part of his legacy and he was consistently questioned about his record in those games throughout his career and after his career was over. He was 2-8 in the Rose Bowl. The idea that bowl games are meaningless is a new one to me.

I think that proves my point. I had absolutely no idea what Bo's record was...therefore it's not part of his "legacy" in my mind.

playcalling has been much better this drive. I like the draw against the blitz and they actually ran a 3rd down play past the sticks.

Bell is such a BAMF.

He's great...so happy to have him the next couple years. The dude is just a Big Ten running back.

As a big time college football fan, I have absolutely zero idea how many Rose Bowls Bo won. The one thing I do know is that he never won a national championship.

To keep UM out of this, are you aware of Frank Beamer's bowl history?

I dont get UGA playcalling now, they have been passing well most of the game, and then they call two straight run plays to go into 3rd and real long.

Then your definition of "big time college fan" and mine are very different.

I'm sorry I don't meet your standards.

Lol...I just looked and he's like 12-12. Is that somehow remarkable?

Frank Beamer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, quite the opposite of remarkable. He has never beaten a team in the post season that was ranked higher than his team. Wiki better check its data. Beamer is 8-10 in bowl games.

Edited by bigtenguy