chasfh

Comerica Park Renovations?

With all that room on the new scoreboard I don't get whey they can't just write out what the players did in prior at bats instead of jamming a graphic in the lower right corner that you have to decipher. Heck, they show the hometown of a player every at bat. Not necessary. Just take that information out and write out what they did before.

I also wish they would use the scoreboard to identify who is warming up in the bullpen. All that space and they can't add a simple line informing fans of who is warming up.

Other than that I liked the look. There are still some kinks to be worked out and the picture had some glitches to it at times, but once it is up and running like expected it's a tremendous upgrade from before.

I was very impressed with the new scoreboard. The video picture is amazing quality. The ad's were a little obtrusive at first, but like most advertising I was able to tune it out by the 4th or 5th inning.

The Bengal Tigers look really good and it's very noticeable that they have been refurbished.

The hit spray chart, as noted by someone else, needs to be tweaked to be useful or, IMO, simply eliminated. The lines denoting previous at bats where the player hit the ball is really not useful information. The area would be better used being replaced with what the player did in previous at bats, while still leaving the area where they post players stats in tact. Yesterday they were showing career stats alternating with season stats. I don't know if that is something they will continue or if it's something they are only doing because the season is so new nobody has any real stats yet. Later in the game when a player had a couple at bats they would show his previous at bats in the game, but then we would lose his season or career stat lines. (Re-reading this, I don't know if I did an adequate job of explaining what I am talking about. Bottom line, as of now, the hit spray chart is a miss.)

Overall the upgrade is tremendous and I'm glad the Comerica scoreboard is now part of the 21st century.

I fell in love with the new score board the minute I saw it in person. Amazing...it really is. The video board is HD quality...GREAT picture and they actually show replays on it!

The Tigers script is actually a video board! It changes from tiger stripes to flames to an American Flag etc....VERY VERY cool. I was not ready for that. I thought it was a solid color script.

We sat down the thiiird base side yesterday so I had to turn in my seat to see it....I think it would be a distraction for me personally if/when I sit down the first base side because I am sure I would find my eye wandering to it.

I think they're still learning the scoreboard's features. Yesterday, not only did they add previous at-bats in text starting with each hitter's second AB, the added labels to the spray chart indicating 1B, 2B, etc.

And I absolutely love the new board! More video than before and the information is useful, but not overdone. I especially like that they are putting good stats/facts about the opposing hitters instead of cherry picked poor ones. Hopefully, the trend continues.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it and the script "Tigers" at night next weekend. But I still found myself looking up at the clock that's no longer there.

I think they're still learning the scoreboard's features. Yesterday, not only did they add previous at-bats in text starting with each hitter's second AB, the added labels to the spray chart indicating 1B, 2B, etc.

And I absolutely love the new board! More video than before and the information is useful, but not overdone. I especially like that they are putting good stats/facts about the opposing hitters instead of cherry picked poor ones. Hopefully, the trend continues.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it and the script "Tigers" at night next weekend. But I still found myself looking up at the clock that's no longer there.

I was thinking the same thing about a night game. I cannot wait to see that baby at night!

We walked past the old Comerica scoreboard clock last night. It's leaned up against a building down Elizabeth street (closer to Grand River). It took me a minute to figure out what it was. It's a lot bigger when you stand near it.