chasfh

Comerica Park Renovations?

If the whole thing isn't converted into a giant HD board I am going to be pretty bummed.

Hmm...after the 2006 season they added the ribbon boards and upgraded the RF out-of-town scoreboard. After 2011 they are upgrading the main scoreboard.

I guess we know where all that playoff cheddar is going

The scoreboard should be moved to CF and the fountain moved to the scrapheap. The green fuzz covering CF is embarassing. What purpose do the fountains serve? When should we expext them to come on??? HRs? Runs scored??? I do not see the entertainment value!

The big question is: Why do we delude ouselves into believing that the Tigers will not screw this up??? They are ALWAYS one of the last teams to do anything (put up a ST schedule, put tix on sale, send out season tix, announce their fain fest). Maybe they can have people stand behind the scoreboard and manually display information to the fans. Now, there's an idea! They need to look at other teams and other parks to see how to do things right. CoPa is the filthies "modern" park I've been to. Get the exalted Mr. I. to allow real Detroit restaurants to sell their food. Fake Chinese, Mexican and Lil Seizures pizza??? Is ther no better representation of our city's cuisine than that??? Look at the Pirate fest website. No playing hide and go seek and waiting in line for two hours to get a coveted Cale Iorg auto. The actually announcw when and where the players will be signing (INDOORS, BTW!!!). I have always said that I love the team but believe the organization is arrogant, greedy, and dismissive. I have already decided to only see them play on the road. Tiger Fest was going to be our one planned trip down to CoPa.

It's not even next year, and they have managed to start things off with the usual whimper. Sad, sad, sad...

The scoreboard should be moved to CF and the fountain moved to the scrapheap. The green fuzz covering CF is embarassing. What purpose do the fountains serve? When should we expext them to come on??? HRs? Runs scored??? I do not see the entertainment value!

The big question is: Why do we delude ouselves into believing that the Tigers will not screw this up??? They are ALWAYS one of the last teams to do anything (put up a ST schedule, put tix on sale, send out season tix, announce their fain fest). Maybe they can have people stand behind the scoreboard and manually display information to the fans. Now, there's an idea! They need to look at other teams and other parks to see how to do things right. CoPa is the filthies "modern" park I've been to. Get the exalted Mr. I. to allow real Detroit restaurants to sell their food. Fake Chinese, Mexican and Lil Seizures pizza??? Is ther no better representation of our city's cuisine than that??? Look at the Pirate fest website. No playing hide and go seek and waiting in line for two hours to get a coveted Cale Iorg auto. The actually announcw when and where the players will be signing (INDOORS, BTW!!!). I have always said that I love the team but believe the organization is arrogant, greedy, and dismissive. I have already decided to only see them play on the road. Tiger Fest was going to be our one planned trip down to CoPa.

It's not even next year, and they have managed to start things off with the usual whimper. Sad, sad, sad...

Boom...roasted.

I agree with Chas, that scoreboard may be large in its totality, but for all of its girth, it is rather unimpressive with its "scoreboard" offerings outside of advertising. (I guess it's true, it isn't the size that counts.....:silly:)

only one thing you can be sure of.:They may replace the 12 existing display panels with one large one, but the net amount of time and area dedicated to advertising during the game will only go up.

only one thing you can be sure of.:They may replace the 12 existing display panels with one large one, but the net amount of time and area dedicated to advertising during the game will only go up.

Between what TigerFan2490 said and what you say, you've given me pause to wonder whether this might actually be a downgrade for fan experience.

I'm pretty sure Mike Ilitch was the one who started the ads behind home plate, in view of the camera.

Yeah, it's not a scoreboard, it's an ad board that uses bits of info to get you to look at it.

I doubt they move it to CF, does any team have it in CF? I believe they keep that bare now because of the hitter backdrop.

I doubt they move it to CF, does any team have it in CF? I believe they keep that bare now because of the hitter backdrop.

The Rogers Centre in Toronto, Kauffman Stadium in KC, US Cellular in Chicago, Safeco in Seattle, Citi Field in New York, Turner Field in Atlanta, Miller Park in Milwaukee, Wrigley, AT&T Park in San Fran, and Chase Field in Arizona.

Just dress appropriate. Your outside in January, come prepared. I love getting back into Comerica as the ball fever begins to itch more.

There is no appropriate dress in Michigan in January. Or February. And even parts of December and March.

---This is a recording from your local "I hate living here" representative.

For the love of god...move TigerFest back to the JOE!

I stopped going to Tigerfest when they moved it to Comerica Park. I used to go every year, but I refuse to stand outside in January on purpose. I'm actually pretty irritated that they ever moved it to Comerica, it used to be something I looked forward to in the Winter.

With regard to the renovation, I think this is well overdue and I'm very pleased that they're making the upgrade. Hopefully a big (or multiple) HD board(s) are on the way!

DET, I preferred it at Joe Louis too but honestly the last few times at Comerica wasn't that bad. I enjoy simply being back at the stadium. They do a nice job at tarping up the concourse to keep some of the wind out.

Never been to Comerica Park. I live in Australia.

What I would like to know is that when they built the stadium, did they make provision for future upgrades in seating? I know that Tiger Stadium had a lot more seats than Comerica. It is nice to see the city over the outfield perimeter, but could they build more bleachers and still keep some of the view of Detroit?

No, but for good reasons. The sight lines are much better at the Copa, even though you were right on top of the action in Tiger Stadium. I think it was too close, and too many obstructions. It did not make for as enjoyable an experience there is now at the Copa. There is a lot more leg room, that's for sure.

The Rogers Centre in Toronto, Kauffman Stadium in KC, US Cellular in Chicago, Safeco in Seattle, Citi Field in New York, Turner Field in Atlanta, Miller Park in Milwaukee, Wrigley, AT&T Park in San Fran, and Chase Field in Arizona.

When I went to Miller Park this year, I wondered whether the new huge HD scoreboard would bother the hitter, but I concluded two things: (1) the bill on the helmet blocks the view of the board while the hitter is looking in to the pitcher; and (2) if it really were a problem for the hitter, it definitely would have come up immediately.

Just as long as the scoreboard keeps showing how many sacrifice flies a batter has (with no one on base), I'm okay with any scoreboard renovations.

Just as long as the scoreboard keeps showing how many sacrifice flies a batter has (with no one on base), I'm okay with any scoreboard renovations.

And can we please get the ridiculous, cherry-picked stats to stop? It's embarassing to see that a guy hits .091 on Tuesdays when a left-handed second baseman has eaten spaghetti for lunch. All the other ballparks I've gone to have legitimare stats or fun facts about the Tiger players. It seems petty that the Tigers won't do that. The casual fan doesn't follow baseball every day and might like to know that the visiting batter is having a good year.

And can we please get the ridiculous, cherry-picked stats to stop? It's embarassing to see that a guy hits .091 on Tuesdays when a left-handed second baseman has eaten spaghetti for lunch. All the other ballparks I've gone to have legitimare stats or fun facts about the Tiger players. It seems petty that the Tigers won't do that. The casual fan doesn't follow baseball every day and might like to know that the visiting batter is having a good year.

Let's keep both line ups on the board like they do at some parks.

And can we please get the ridiculous, cherry-picked stats to stop? It's embarassing to see that a guy hits .091 on Tuesdays when a left-handed second baseman has eaten spaghetti for lunch.

It has always made me chuckle when I came in to town for a game, and seeing the cherry-picked stats designed to make the Tigers look good and the opponents look bad. I find it amusing. But yeah, you're right, it's bush.

Dallas-Cowboys-Stadium-Sideline-Display.jpg

Not a fan of the screen being so big that you find yourself looking at it more than you're actually watching the game. That's my main gripe with Ford Field, even.

Let's keep both line ups on the board like they do at some parks.

Agree 100%. Been to 15 ballparks and that's definitely one of the main things I seem to notice.

A poster on WSI, and a facebook friend of mine, said that a rep at the scoreboard company, Daktronics, told him it will the biggest they have done in MLB. And they did the one at Kaufmann so it'll be bigger than that.

I was downtown on New Year's Eve and parked next to the stadium. There weren't any signs of any construction, including the scoreboard. Curious how long it takes to complete scoreboard renovations of that size.