Deleterious

Rumor: Prince Will Sign With Detroit

@WojYahooNBA

Tayshaun Prince will sign a four year, $27 million dollar deal to stay with Detroit, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Wojnarowski is pretty solid, but still put the rumor tag on. I suddenly want the lockout back.

Edited by Deleterious

I imagine others wanted him, but I bet no one was offering 4 years at 27 mil.

This isn't as bad as some are making it out to be, Tay is a good basketball player. We need to get rid of guys like CV and Ben Gordon. That is the problem, players who don't pass, take wild shots, and don't play defense.

This isn't as bad as some are making it out to be, Tay is a good basketball player. We need to get rid of guys like CV and Ben Gordon. That is the problem, players who don't pass, take wild shots, and don't play defense.

He isn't a good player. He is a player that puts up average numbers on terrible basketball teams. Most players in the NBA can do that. Not to mention, he is a huge cancer. When you are bringing in young players, Prince and Rip are not the veterans I want around them.

He's not a good player. He's got old legs, isn't explosive, and is barely even a good defender anymore. It's a terrible signing because this team currently isn't going anywhere, and spending any money on someone who is going to be long gone when the team is ever good again is a huge waste. Why would you sign a guy who is only going to take playing time away from your young guys, two of the four guys on the team with any potential in Daye and Jerebko. It just makes no sense.

The only plausible scenario that this turns out well is a sign and trade.

He's not a good player. He's got old legs, isn't explosive, and is barely even a good defender anymore. It's a terrible signing because this team currently isn't going anywhere, and spending any money on someone who is going to be long gone when the team is ever good again is a huge waste. Why would you sign a guy who is only going to take playing time away from your young guys, two of the four guys on the team with any potential in Daye and Jerebko. It just makes no sense.

The only plausible scenario that this turns out well is a sign and trade.

Well to me, this pretty much confirms Daye sucks and has no future here.

This wont be a sign and trade. In a sign and trade you trade the player, then he signs with the new team. Not saying he cant be traded later in the contract. But nobody wanted him at this price now, doubt they do when he is older.

Well to me, this pretty much confirms Daye sucks and has no future here.

This wont be a sign and trade. In a sign and trade you trade the player, then he signs with the new team. Not saying he cant be traded later in the contract. But nobody wanted him at this price now, doubt they do when he is older.

Makes sense. Thought maybe a team with a cap burden would trade for him, but I guess it doesn't really make sense why they would. Superior drafting and talent evaluation by Joe D, per usual.

Even if Daye sucks and has no future, at least let him play. It's not like Tayshaun is putting the Pistons over the hump or anything.

Why can't anyone up in Auburn Hills realize that this team has to clear cap space, tank, draft high and then sign a veteran to close the deal? Oh well!

Makes sense. Thought maybe a team with a cap burden would trade for him, but I guess it doesn't really make sense why they would. Superior drafting and talent evaluation by Joe D, per usual.

Even if Daye sucks and has no future, at least let him play. It's not like Tayshaun is putting the Pistons over the hump or anything.

Oh I agree 100%. I would have played Daye 40 minutes a game this year. Best case scenario, he turns into a player. Worst case, you lose 50 games and get a good draft pick.

I don't agree Tay is a cancer or bad player. The Pistons played their best last year when Tay and TMac played a two man game and eliminated the rest of the bums.

The cancer in the locker room has been the coach over the past 3 years, not the players. If my boss sucked I would protest too.

I think many are underestimating just how bad Curry and Kuester were as coaches.

Look what Mattison did to Michigans defense. Coaching is extremely important, the Pistons have been coaching themselves for 3 years.

Now, Joe D still sucks, because he appears to be doing nothing about CV, Gordon, Maxiell and the like. We will be watching another bad basketball team.

I also hate the conservative approach that Gores seems to be pushing. Pisses me off actually. If I was a billionaire, I would eat whatever was left of Ben Gordons contract and demand my GM find a way to unload CV or Maxiell, or just never let them play.

Right, this isn't terrible, Prince is a competent player on close to a MLE type salary at this point. This is more about Daye, they appear to have realized he's not going to suddenly bulk up and gain athleticism. Daye sucks, hated him when they picked him, still hate the twig. I must admit I was looking forward to seeing Daye get loads of minutes though, it is hillarious watching him chase guys around trying to guard them, with the occasional embarrising fouling of the three point shooter.

Great comment from another board. Maybe they are going to use amnesty on Prince.

I thought the amnesty could only be used on players signed to contracts before the new CBA took effect.

I thought the amnesty could only be used on players signed to contracts before the new CBA took effect.

Yeah, it was a joke. Why would you sign someone to a contract and then amnesty him?