Mike

The DUHtroit Lions

Until the Lions can stop shooting themselves in the foot with ridiculous penalties at critical times in games, I suggest that we refer to them as the DUHtroit Lions.

Definition of duh:

Used to comment on an action perceived as foolish or stupid.

The Burleson pass interference calls were a joke.

Pettigrew - justified

Logan - justified call

Burleson personal foul - justified

Young - justified

The Saints played PERFECT for 3 quarters...lol no fouls in the first 3 quarters? You can call a foul on just about every play in the NFL...

I saw 3 holding calls not called and 2 false starts not called in the first half alone.

The one below is listed as the top 5 catches and looks amazingly similar to what Burleson was getting called for all night....well it is the Packers and I guess they do not get these calls...I hate the 'well they have earned it!' argument...a foul is a foul is a foul..

offensivepassinterference.jpg

I was amazed that no penalties were called on some of the late hits Stafford was taking clearly after he had thrown the ball. You know that if that were Drew Brees being hit by a Lion player in the same situation, the flag would be flying!

Viewed through homer googles, but I agree that the Lions really seem to be on the bad end of a lot of official's calls this year. I wonder if it has to do with Suh and the whole 'Bad Boy' image. This game, much like the last one, was probably not winnable but if a couple of those questionable calls go the other way, you never know.

This sort of thing tends to spiral as well. It has to be extremely frustrating to play as well as they have only to have refs call things back over and over. Maybe the entire team needs to meet with Goodell this time.

I didn't expect them to win the last 2..I expected fairly close games...considering we have so many injuries (most noteably Lashure and Best) I am VERY pleased with the team over all right now even after 2 losses in a row.

Our losses have come against:

9-3

12-0

7-5

7-5

10-2

45-15

Good teams and most have been close...the Chicago Monday night game was VERY dissapointing same with the last 2 national games...we are SOOO close, but it is not going to happen this year.

I just hate to see teams get NO penalties for 3 quarters especially when that team is considered the darlings...they are a really good...better than us...they do not need the extra help from the refs. I see it in other games as well...my memory of those is not as good obviously, but I will sit back and watch a non Lion game and can tell who is getting the raw end of the deal.

Lashure/Best come back healthy hopefully and we have another good off season with drafts and free agents and I can see us as a team to really rekon with next year...it is not over this year by any stretch because we should win the next 2, but I had them winning the Monday night Chicago game and the Falcons game and the 49ers game....the 49ers are better than everyone expected so that leaves a bad taste in my mouth for the Falcons and the Bears game...all the others I expected.

I didn't expect them to win the last 2..I expected fairly close games...considering we have so many injuries (most noteably Lashure and Best) I am VERY pleased with the team over all right now even after 2 losses in a row.

Our losses have come against:

9-3

12-0

7-5

7-5

10-2

45-15

Good teams and most have been close...the Chicago Monday night game was VERY dissapointing same with the last 2 national games...we are SOOO close, but it is not going to happen this year.

I just hate to see teams get NO penalties for 3 quarters especially when that team is considered the darlings...they are a really good...better than us...they do not need the extra help from the refs. I see it in other games as well...my memory of those is not as good obviously, but I will sit back and watch a non Lion game and can tell who is getting the raw end of the deal.

Lashure/Best come back healthy hopefully and we have another good off season with drafts and free agents and I can see us as a team to really rekon with next year...it is not over this year by any stretch because we should win the next 2, but I had them winning the Monday night Chicago game and the Falcons game and the 49ers game....the 49ers are better than everyone expected so that leaves a bad taste in my mouth for the Falcons and the Bears game...all the others I expected.

The Lions won the Monday night game vs. the Bears in Detroit. I'm sure you meant the late Sunday afternoon loss in Chicago where the Lions got blown out.

The back-to-back losses to SF and ATL were real killers. The 49ers game they should have won for sure, but they were flat coming off the Chicago Monday Night game and still should have closed that one out before SF's last minute drive. It was a 4th down play that came within an inch of the 49ers player's knee being down before crossing the goal line that lost it. The ATL game, I thought the Falcons played a really solid game...Lions could have won but not an inexcusable loss. Beat the 49ers and we'd be 8-4 and sitting pretty right about now.

If the Lions win the next 3 very winnable games, they should have the wild-card wrapped up after week 16. Even if they win 2 of 3 they should still be fine. They lost this week, but it was still a good week for them, with Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, and NYGiants all losing. NEED to beat Minn tho. They are pretty much done with a loss there.

If they lose to the Vikings all hell will break lose on the air waves....SOL over and over and over again...

How about this....I may very well be one of the people that breaks my TV with my iphone if they lose that game, but let us assume they do lose and go on to win out and still make the playoffs....still a successful season IMO, but that would require beating the Pack and unless someone beats them before week 17...I am not sure we can beat them with them going for history and 16-0.

So technically we could lose to the Vikings (I keep saying it because I have a bad feeling AP will be back and somehow they manage to eek one out) beat San Diego (they looked pretty good yesterday againt the Jags) beat Oakland (another sneaky scary team) and lose to the Pack and still make the playoffs at 9-7.

I am pleased too. I would have penciled in Atlanta, Green Bay, New Orleans and Chicago (on the road) as losses at the beginning of the season. As far as the 49ers go, before the season started I would have considered that a win - but I also would have considered Dallas or Tampa Bay on the road as a loss. To me they are slightly better than I thought they would be this year. I picked them 9-7 and narrowly missing the playoffs. They should destroy Minnesota and San Diego (the Chargers are a fraud, that was Jacksonville they beat up on last night). It's that Raiders game on the road - that is the game that could determine playoffs or not. Even if they go 9-7 and miss the playoffs, I consider this season a success.

I am pleased too. I would have penciled in Atlanta, Green Bay, New Orleans and Chicago (on the road) as losses at the beginning of the season. As far as the 49ers go, before the season started I would have considered that a win - but I also would have considered Dallas or Tampa Bay on the road as a loss. To me they are slightly better than I thought they would be this year. I picked them 9-7 and narrowly missing the playoffs. They should destroy Minnesota and San Diego (the Chargers are a fraud, that was Jacksonville they beat up on last night). It's that Raiders game on the road - that is the game that could determine playoffs or not. Even if they go 9-7 and miss the playoffs, I consider this season a success.

Same here.

I fully expect the lions to make the playoffs. I think they win the next 3 games by fairly big margins. That puts them at 10-5, going against the Packers...who will be playing for nothing and probably resting some guys. It'll be a do or die game, against a disinterested team resting for the playoffs. I like those odds.

If the Packers do make it to 15-0 I might think differently about that last game, but I do not expect them too.

I fully expect the lions to make the playoffs. I think they win the next 3 games by fairly big margins. That puts them at 10-5, going against the Packers...who will be playing for nothing and probably resting some guys. It'll be a do or die game, against a disinterested team resting for the playoffs. I like those odds.

If the Packers do make it to 15-0 I might think differently about that last game, but I do not expect them too.

You don't think the Packers will be 15-0? Here is their remaining schedule:

OAK at GB

GB at KC

CHI at GB

DET at GB

I don't see a loss there...only one road game at KC with Tyler Palko (or Kyle Orton) as the starting QB. They get Oakland at home and they looked horrible last week. Chicago...with Caleb Hanie and no Matt Forte? Seriously, there is no loss on the horizon for the Packers before their final game against the Lions. It would be mighty satisfying for the (desperate for a win to make the playoffs) Lions to waltz into Lambeau against the 15-0 Packers and win. If the Lions are able to punch the Packers in the mouth early in the game, I suspect the Packers would pull out Rodgers and most of their starters to rest them for the playoffs in order to avoid injury...but the Lions would have to hit them early.

People have them losing to the Chargers now? Why? Because they whooped on Jacksonville? Come on that is ridiculous. After seeing Stafford play Sunday night, seeing the offense move the ball at will (besides the penalties) I think they will win the nect 3 games. The Saints are a damn good team, and the Lions played right with them. Next 3 teams are mediocre and the Lions will win.

People have them losing to the Chargers now? Why? Because they whooped on Jacksonville? Come on that is ridiculous. After seeing Stafford play Sunday night, seeing the offense move the ball at will (besides the penalties) I think they will win the nect 3 games. The Saints are a damn good team, and the Lions played right with them. Next 3 teams are mediocre and the Lions will win.

Which 'people'? Motorcity said they were frauds and my only comment on it was that they looked pretty good Monday night beating up on a bad team and it is not a push button win....NO game is a push button win in the NFL IMO.

Which 'people'? Motorcity said they were frauds and my only comment on it was that they looked pretty good Monday night beating up on a bad team and it is not a push button win....NO game is a push button win in the NFL IMO.

No, there are no automatic wins, but the Chargers seem to be in Notre Dame/Dallas Cowboys territory - where they are given WAY more credit than they deserve. People that picked them for the Super Bowl are idiotic. They are a mediocre team in a mediocre division with a terrible head coach, who is a lame duck now. If the Lions can't beat them at home - they don't deserve the playoffs.

I agree...mostly unless we lose to them and win out to make it in with a 10-6 record...upsets happen all the time...I would not say that if we lose to them we do not deserve the playoffs...beating GB (whether they are chasing perfection or not) would mean something this year and winning 10 games would mean something as well.

I know what you are saying though.

No, there are no automatic wins, but the Chargers seem to be in Notre Dame/Dallas Cowboys territory - where they are given WAY more credit than they deserve. People that picked them for the Super Bowl are idiotic. They are a mediocre team in a mediocre division with a terrible head coach, who is a lame duck now. If the Lions can't beat them at home - they don't deserve the playoffs.

That may be true, but Philip Rivers is 23-2 in the month of December as a starter. Rivers can go off at any time and has often in the month of December. Hopefully the Chargers will be out of playoff contention by Christmas Eve.