KleShreen

Red Wings to host Winter Classic in 2013/14?

League has already stated you can request a refund or keep the tickets for 2014.

We're going to take the refund. Screw the NHL.

Talk are back on at least. Glad wings didn't sign over priced free agents as look as if the seasons in serious doubt. I think they will get a deal done though.

I will always be a huge Red Wings fan but I am becoming less and less of an NHL fan or fan of hockey in general. The labour disputes and the jingoism in Western Canada are the two main reasons.

I'll always be a hockey fan, I can't help it. I grew up watching Bill Clement and Gary Thorne with National Hockey Night on ESPN. NHL2Nite with Barry Melrose, Chicken Parm, Bob McKenzie, Pangger, etc. I watched the Red Wings on UPN 50 all the time. The weekends brought what I thought at the time was a special treat, the voice and personality of Don Cherry. Staying up late to watch Hockey Night in Canada, watch Cherry go wild with Ron McClean by his side, the cool voice of Bob Cole and the fire of Jim Hughson. I've had probably 14 or 15 NHL related video games over the years from Bret Hull 1994 on SNES up to NHL 13 on PS3. I'm being overly sentimental with this I know, but dammit, I didn't leave the NHL, the NHL has done its very best to leave me behind. That makes me both angry and sad and so I'll wait it out, again, with my mixed emotions.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

Great weather today to play outdoors :mad:

I totally forgot about the game until I saw a headline in the paper. We had tickets. Out of sight out of mind and really couldn't care less if they come back this year. I'm actually hoping they miss another full season and become the true laughing stock of professional sports. Missing one season is terrible, but for it to happen twice in 8 years is unconscionable.

Press conference at the Joe right now officially announcing the January 1, 2014 1pm re-scheduling of Wings vs Leafs in the Winter Classic. 2 alumni games, Holland says he'll try to get Lidstrom and Yzerman to participate.

WHAT ... A ... JOKE... No, this isn't an article from The Onion. Leave it to the NHL ...

6 Outdoor NHL Games in 2014

If you're not a fan of outdoor hockey, then you will not like the NHL's plans for next season. Beginning with the 2013-14 season, the outdoor game concept the League has cashed in on will expand dramatically.

During TSN's "Insider Trading" segment Tuesday, Darren Dreger reported that the league will begin a stadium series next season featuring six outdoor games, starting with the Jan. 1, 2014, Winter Classic between the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs at Michigan Stadium. The other five match-ups will be:

• Ducks vs. Kings at Dodger Stadium, Jan. 25

• Devils vs. Rangers at Yankee Stadium, Jan. 26

• Islanders vs. Rangers at Yankee Stadium, Jan 29

• Penguins at Blackhawks, Soldier Field, March 1

• Senators at Canucks, BC Place, March 2

Contracts are to be finalized, according to ESPN's Katie Strang, but that's just a matter of paperwork.

Yes, the New York Rangers will be in not only one, but two outdoor games in the week leading up to Super Bowl XLVIII, which will be held Feb. 2 at Met Life Stadium in New Jersey.

So much for the Winter Classic being special. Didn't take the league long to kill that concept. Bettman, you are THE BIGGEST F*****G IDIOT IN ALL OF SPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's he going to do next, hold the Stanley Cup playoffs six times a year so more teams have the chance to win the Cup? Just ridiculous.

I didn't think he would because of his knees, but this is awesome.

It's still possible he'll only skate one shift if his knees are as bad as is believed. But it's great to have him on the roster.

It's still possible he'll only skate one shift if his knees are as bad as is believed. But it's great to have him on the roster.

That's a definite possibility. He said in an interview a while ago that he hadn't skated since he retired, but I thought I saw him say he's skated around 3 times today. It'd just be cool seeing him wear the winged wheel again, his retirement hit me hard!

That's a definite possibility. He said in an interview a while ago that he hadn't skated since he retired, but I thought I saw him say he's skated around 3 times today. It'd just be cool seeing him wear the winged wheel again, his retirement hit me hard!

Even in uniform and skates on the blueline for ovations during the introduction would be enough for me.

BbJbz-fCcAAZUTW.png

I looked into tickets for the Alumni games today, but after spending too much on Winter Classic tickets, at face value no less, we decided to pass. Going to pick up some tickets to see the Spits play on that Sunday.

Got an email from the Red Wings a couple of hours ago that a limited number of Winter Classic tickets have just been released.

Edited by lordstanley