Sign in to follow this  
monkeynuts

MSU Hockey

While I'm by no means an expert, I follow MSU hockey decently and have been very impressed with what Tom Anastos has done so far with the program in less than a year. People ripped apart the hire at the time, but so far so good and the team is on a roll.

We are now ranked #16 after beating and tying #4 Minnesota this past weekend.

USCHO.com Division I Men's Poll :: Rankings :: USCHO.com :: U.S. College Hockey Online

MICHIGAN STATE OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE - Ice Hockey

I'm pretty pumped for the next two weekends - BGSU at home and then a home/home against a UM team that is in a major slump.

Also beat up on WMU when they were top 5.

A lot of people complained about the hire, but that just means they forgot who made the hire. Everything hollis touches turns to gold.

Big home and home this weekend with UM!

Just bought a pair of tickets for tomorrow nights game at Munn...I'm pretty pumped.

We dropped Friday's game at Yost, but won in a shootout last night at Munn. All in all a decent weekend.

BTW, Munn is perhaps a little bland...but still a really nice place and had a great atmosphere last night. Fun times.

Torey Krug...Skunk-weasel slayer.

Great game tonight and a huge W! Pumped to be going tomorrow night at the Joe.

We're fighting for a NCAA spot right now...nonetheless...I think we're now 6-1-1 against Top 10 teams (and some bad losses). Great progress!

Awesome game. I feel like this team is Torey Krug and a whole bunch of....other players, but its been a fun comeback season. 6-1-1 against top ten, now 12 in the PWR (14 going in to last night). 3 games left against top ten teams.

Great game last night...really exciting. Crappy mistake cost us the W in overtime...but still really happy w/ the way the program is headed. The Joe was sold out...fun atmosphere to be at.

Big sweep of Alaska this weekend...right now we are on the right side of the bubble with the last regular season series at Notre Dame next week.

Our hockey team had a tough last few weekends of play, but managed to get into the NCAA tournament as an at-large. Just a terrific job by TA in his first year as coach.

MSU (4 seed) will take on Union (1 seed) on Friday at 3:00 on ESPNU. If they win, their next game will be for a shot at the Frozen Four. Gotta love it.