hail2mich

GDT: Ohio State at #15 Michigan 11/26/2011

What's the difference between a puppy and an Ohio State player?

Eventually the puppy stops whining.

Apparently, we were bad sports and celebrated too much for the Buckeyes liking. Wow... Oh, and they don't like that we didn't shake their hands either. LOL.

The Michigan football team blew up its seven-game losing streak to Ohio State.Then, it celebrated with a "grenade" routine at midfield, in which quarterback Denard Robinson threw the football in the air like a grenade. When it hit the ground, players dropped to the turf in unison.

The route was cathartic for the No. 17 Wolverines (10-2, 6-2), who won 40-34 to end the run of futility against the rival Buckeyes. Those Buckeyes weren't as good-natured about it, though.

"I lost so much respect for Michigan after they won n threw the ball in the air acting like it was a grenade," tweeted Buckeyes fullback Zach Boren. "To take it to that level of disrespect is just so uncalled for. Act like you have won before."

Boren is the younger brother of former Ohio State offensive lineman Justin Boren, who transferred from Michigan to the Buckeyes following Lloyd Carr's retirement after the 2007 season and was critical of the Rich Rodriguez regime.

Of course, no current Michigan player had beaten Ohio State before. Seniors were 0-3 and had been outscored 100-24 in the rivalry.

Added Ohio State tight end Jeff Heuerman: "Karma is gonna be a (expletive) for that little 'celebration' at the end."

Players said the controversial celebration -- you can catch a piece of it

-- is something they have done after each Friday practice this year. Coach Brady Hoke said he was fine with his team celebrating their win that way.

"I don’t have any problem (with it) because it wasn’t disrespectful to anybody," Hoke said. "It’s something they do every Friday.

"No. It wasn’t disrespectful to anybody. It’s something those kids have done for 12 weeks.”

Ohio State, though, clearly was offended with the episode, which occurred in front of several players at midfield.

It led to Ohio State cornerback Brad Roby tweeting: "I will never lose to those scrubs again."

HAHAHA!!!

They have been such angels the past seven years, how dare us celebrate on our own field with our fans!

Oh, and I like how that no name fullback lost "so much respect" for Michigan after the gernade celebration.

Since when does ANYONE care about RESPECT in this series?!?!

Can't wait to whip their *** again in 363 days.

Can't wait to whip their *** again in 363 days.

Did you watch the same game? I'm not sure I would call a game that came down to the last minute a whipping.

Did you watch the same game? I'm not sure I would call a game that came down to the last minute a whipping.

Yeah but "whip their *** again" sounds better than "play them for 60 minutes again"

Well the only reason it came down to the last drive was bad officiating. But still not quite an *** kicking.