hueytaxi

A Birthday full of tears

Ryan would be waking to his 24th birthday later today, and that will never happen. The child who gave me direction instead of the reverse brought me to the Tigers. He gave me something to live for without him. How I wish it was Ryan behind the camera and interviewing the players for MTS. I don't have to exaggerate to describe how he was an amazing young man. I do what I do for you Ryan..........

6366895017_481790a4bd.jpg

His Tigers: Cecil Fielder, Robert Fick and Kimera Bartee

Tigers who carried him to his final resting place: Max St. Pierre, Leo Diagle, Calvin Chipperfield, Neil Jenkins, Matt Boone and Tommy Marx.

Wonder why we love Max?

Edited by hueytaxi

I'll be thinking of you, Team Mom and Ryan today. Thank You for all you bring to MotownSports.

Roger,

Every time we drive by Henley Field, I think of you, your family, and the teammates who honored their batboy. I am at a total loss for words. Bless you all.

Don & Dottie

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Roger, you and Robie are the best friends a guy like me could have, you've done so much for me this past year, don't know how I could ever repay you.

Thanks for the thoughts my friends...please don't feel obligated to add a comment. I did this as a release for me early this morning.

as an old power hitter once said "you don't walk to the major leagues" and by they way melissaG915 I'm not trying to persuade anyone to change their mind,....I think it's very obvious to everyone Jenkins is not you favorite player...but lets get out of 1999....the door...the errors..... it's a new team......diff.position...and heck I don't even think lakeland has steel doors.......as far as chipperfield is doing.... he has looked very good since returning to the rotation, marx's has thrown very well also, hanahan has impressed me the most very good glove and has hit the ball very good....could be the answer down the road for us at third......nook logan has been up and down injured some but has great speed .....on a sad sad note... Ryan Dewitt a 14 year old bat boy that had been going to the Lakeland tigers games since he was 8 has died....Ryan was the greatest Tiger fan ,going to gulf coast,spring training ,and the lakeland tiger games ......our hearts and prayers go out to his family. Funeral is Monday with pall bearers being Neil Jenkins ,Matt Boone,Leo Diagle,Max St.Pierre,Clavin Chipperfield and Tommy Marx. Baseball and the Tigers will miss a great Fan............

I see Crush 34 has been gone a long time, but I wish to thank the board for posting their sentiments. Ryan is why I am here and in the stands EVERY game. He is why we get to know the families of the players to help support them. Some kids look up to their Dads...I looked up to that 14 year old and admired what he had accomplished: His first paycheck from the Detroit Tigers. His love for the Tigers has transgressed to my wife and our obsession to support these kids in lieu of our son. He was very close to Neil Jenkins as both had diabetes which resulted in Ryan's death. If you read the daily news updates, you will know the name of David Yates from the Ledger. David honored us with a very special plaque and gave the Eulogy. If you ever came to a Spring Training game and stood outside the clubhouse, Ryan was the redheaded kid that knew all the players on site in their civilian clothes. The Lakeland Tigers remembered him for the rest of the season at Henly field by wearing black armbands on their uniforms. My deepest thanks to the Tigers organization and Todd Pund, the GM of the L-Tigs.

And now you know me...Roger

http://www.motownsports.com/forums/minor-league-baseball/821-neil-jenkins.html

And thank to Charles Liston, Cruzer1, MWUDan and Yoda

Roger & Robie..... Thru Ryan, you both have blessed many baseball players, their families and just baseball friends...to that we are grateful...The Good Lord needed Ryan in Heaven to take care of baseball things up there & prepare our places....

And bet he is aspleased as punch for the HIS LOVE OF THE GAME, and now yours, what you have done and will continue to do...You are special folks and we are honored to be your baseball buddies...Have a great and short Off-Season....See you in March!

Sally & Don..... your West Michigan baseball buddies

I cannot imagine the grief of losing a child. I cannot imagine that a greater grief exists in this world. No one who hasn't lost a child can offer words of comfort that have true meaning. All we can offer is our condolences and a hope that no one else in our monkeysphere ever has to endure such a tragedy.

We went to Oak Hill where our memories are now part of the landscape and plan on just the two of us to dine later tonight in town. Reading the old comments out loud to each other was impossible, but we are making it through okay. As I posted somewhere on here a long time ago, time helps but never heals. TeamMom and I have found a lot of love and many new friends thanks to Scott and the mods desires to have a community. This place is much more helpful than a shrink for me. (Though a shrink would probably never accept me as a patient after the first visit.) I always try to be myself here but as I wrote a Moron last night, sometimes it feels like I wear a mask and I am still deep inside it. Getting deep in here and time to move on.........

We had a very quiet upbeat dinner with no tears. Wish I could say the trip there was the same but it wasn't.

Thanks for all you thoughts and kind words. It sure makes days like today more bearable.