Sign in to follow this  
MSUBrian11

2011 Michigan State Basketball Cupcake Thread

Here is a thread for all the remaining cupcake games. We can start threads for the FSU/Gonzaga Games

Michigan_State_Volleyball_xlarge.jpeg

hotsexycheerleadermichi.jpg

Nov 18 - Texas Southern - 630pm - ESPN3.com

Nov 20 - Arkansas Little Rock -6pm- BTN

Nov 23 - Milwaukee- 7pm - BTN.com

Nov 27 - @ Eastern - 12pm - ESPNU

Dec 4 - Omaha - 2pm - ESPN3.com

Dec 7 - Central Connecticut - 7pm - ESPNU

Dec 17 - Bowling Green - 7pm - BTN

Dec 19 - Missouri- KC - 830pm - BTN

Dec 22 - Lehigh - 9pm - ESPNU

Edited by MSUBrian11

Missed most of this game. Turnovers were unsettling, but there were some good moves under the basket. Hard to learn too much from this one, though...

UALR at least went to the tourney last year.

MSU with the turnover less than 2 seconds into the game...

MSU only up by 10 at the half, with 7 TOs, being outrebounded by 3.

0 offensive rebounds for MSU...

Pretty bland game...wished we played better, but eh...at least Austin decided to score.

I've been telling anyone that'll listen for going in 4 years now, but Thorton has a very limited perimeter game. Rarely scored that way in hs. Somebody needs to tell every color guy that does our games because to a man they almost assert or expect otherwise. I don't know what his career 3% is, but I'd be shocked if it topped 30.

I've been telling anyone that'll listen for going in 4 years now, but Thorton has a very limited perimeter game. Rarely scored that way in hs. Somebody needs to tell every color guy that does our games because to a man they almost assert or expect otherwise. I don't know what his career 3% is, but I'd be shocked if it topped 30.
AT's best 3-pt season was 23%.

Solid FT shooter, though. 36-42 for his career.

Edited by JayVee

AT's best 3-pt season was 23%.

Solid FT shooter, though. 36-42 for his career.

And interestingly enough, I believe he does in fact hold the MI prep record for consecutive ft's made...Scored a ton of his hs points from the stripe.

So tonight's game is only available online???

Yeah...Has anyone here signed up for the BTN's streaming service? Can you replay games? Quality?

Nevertheless, the game will be replayed on the BTN tomorrow morning at 10. Nice way to lead in to the lions...I hope.

Izzo doesn't sound too pleased with the officiating in the first half.

FSU basketball got run by Tommy Amaker's crew. Game was 14-14 at half i believe, harvard pulled out the win without breaking 50.

I saw that the Noles scored their first points of the game better than 11 minutes into said game...Ouch.

MSU up 25-13 at half vs. Eastern...and looking pretty crappy in the process. Offense is a big issue with this squad thus far.

I do not like jim boeheim at all, and found his comments to be repulsive, so i'm glad someone is calling him on it:

Boeheim's statements go too far and should cost him his job - NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com

And now a syracuse fan is goin to come in the msu forum and say im trolling and obsessed with syracuse. Greaaaatttt.....

MSU up to #14 in KenPom's rankings:

kenpom.com

B1G has 2 of the top 3 (Wisc and OSU), and 5 of the top 20 (Purdue, MSU, IU). UM is #32.

I'm really excited about Wednesday's game against FSU. We need to get one of these big W's in the preseason (UNC, Duke, FSU, Gonzaga) to show we are back to being Michigan State. Would be a huge confidence boost for our young team as well.