hail2mich

GDT: #16 Nebraska at #18 Michigan 11/19/2011

Down to the Home Stretch

Live From Michigan Stadium

800px-MichiganStadium2010.JPG

#16 Nebraska (8-2, 4-2 in Big Ten) vs. #18 Michigan (8-2, 4-2 in Big Ten)

Day: Saturday

Date: 11/19/2011

Time: 12:00 p.m. E.T.

TV: ESPN

Series Record: Michigan leads, 3-2-1

Last Meeting: Nebraska beat Michigan 32-28 on Dec. 28, 2005, in the Alamo Bowl.

Madness in the Alamo Bowl

dLEXBPwF9_g

We All Know the AP Poll is Better...

97ring.gif

Ugh. I was watching that game in my parents' basement. Was home from college for winter break, and was just screaming at the TV during that final play.

Wow - I'm sure I watched that, but I don't recall that at all. That was a cool play...if he would've cut inside he might have had a shot.

Wow - I'm sure I watched that, but I don't recall that at all. That was a cool play...if he would've cut inside he might have had a shot.

Tyler Ecker had Steve Breaston running right behind him. If he had pitched the ball to him rather than get hit out of bounds, I think they would have got it.

Let's hope Mattison can dial up a defense for Taylor Martinez like he did for the Scheelhaase. Of course if Denard can't complete a pass, it won't matter.

Biggest game of the year, right? Beat Nebraska and OSU, and UM's sitting pretty for a Fiesta bowl invite...

Unless something crazy happens, I think 2 more wins gets you into the BCS. Making the B10 Championship game, then losing to Wisconsin would be much worse than not making it to the BCG at all...

Edited by JayVee

Let's hope Mattison can dial up a defense for Taylor Martinez like he did for the Scheelhaase. Of course if Denard can't complete a pass, it won't matter.

Defense will have plenty of practice against a QB with dangerous legs and a terrible arm.

Big time game.

I had this one pointed out for a long time on the calendar as one that could be important. These last two could be very, very fun to watch.

Here's to putting it all together at the right time! I hope!

Biggest game of the year, right? Beat Nebraska and OSU, and UM's sitting pretty for a Fiesta bowl invite...

Unless something crazy happens, I think 2 more wins gets you into the BCS. Making the B10 Championship game, then losing to Wisconsin would be much worse than not making it to the BCG at all...

How crazy it would be for Michigan and Michigan State to be in BSC Bowls in the same year.

Tyler Ecker had Steve Breaston running right behind him. If he had pitched the ball to him rather than get hit out of bounds, I think they would have got it.

I think every Michigan fan in the country was yelling the same thing at their TV at that moment:

"Why didn't you give it to Breaston?!"

Big time game.

I had this one pointed out for a long time on the calendar as one that could be important. These last two could be very, very fun to watch.

Here's to putting it all together at the right time! I hope!

I just checked my pre-season prediction, I had every game correct until, thankfully, the Illinois game.

I am thrilled to be 8-2 with two home games left that I won't get too upset if they lose but still think they have a good chance to win. Playing with house money.

I still think it might be tough for Michigan to get into the bcs at 10-2. It seems like both Oklahoma and okst are locks. Houston is a lock. It could come down to mich and Stanford, and I think Stanford goes. Now, if ok beats okst, and bama makes the title game, it could get interesting. The sugar could pick Stanford over okst, leaving the fiesta to choose a team to play ok. They wouldn't take okst, so that would leave a big ten team, Houston, or the big east champ. In that case, okst would be shut out.

As impossible as it is it would be pretty fun if Michigan somehow got to play Houston or the Big East team so they would actually have a good shot at winning a BCS game

golf course: 7am

I think this is a big game for all of the reasons you guys said, but I also think its a big game psychologically - for the team, program, and fans. It's been a long time since they've had a legit victory... it will do a lot for everyone's confidence. I think there's still a sense that their record is a bit of a mirage.

@AceAnbender

RT @MaizeBlueNation: Word on field is that south end of stadium is w/o power. It will delay the start of the game of not fixed by kickoff.
55 minutes to kick, and it looks like there are more Nebraska fans than Michigan fans inside the Big House right now. By a lot.