Date: Saturday, November 19th, 2011

Time: 12:00pm EST

Line: MSU -28.5

Television Broadcast Provided by:

BTN

Radio Broadcast Provided by:

www.spartansportsnetwork.com

Michigan-State-Pro-Combat-Uniforms-7.jpg

I will always remember this class fondly. They stuck with MSU when the coaching switch happened (5th year seniors) and were MD's first real recruiting class (true seniors). Winningest senior class in the history of MSU-- says it all, about them and Mark Dantonio.

I'll miss Keshawn's punt returns and reverses. BJ's big time catches, the most ever. Keith Nichol's unbelievable unselfishness. Joel Foreman's consistency. And of course, Kirk Cousins, who I've questioned many times, but you can't question his character and wins. I'll miss them all- they leave as Champions, with the chance to repeat. Just think of where this program was when these players came to MSU-- on the heals of the JLS era. To say they changed the entire course of this program would be an enormous understatement. Unbelievable how much they've done for MSU Football, each and every one of them.

This will also be Jerel Worthy's final home game, I hope the fans give him the adoration he deserves.

Damn, that's a lot of talent leaving. Others will step up, though.

I believe MSU has the second youngest two-deep in the conference...Granted, losing a quality 5th year QB tends to sting a bit more than your average 5th year LG...

That said, whike I'm pretty confident Maxwell will hit the ground running behind center... I'm a tad concerned about his potential targets...

Our defense is going to be really good next year since it's damn good now and really young. Only Trenton Robinson is for sure leaving...but Worthy may declare for the draft.

Offensively we may have some issues. Our Oline should have some development and our whole stable of running backs is coming back. Our passing game is our big concern...Maxwell should be good though. Losing BJ and Martin is going to really hurt though...

Our entire OL returns outside of foreman, and if burkland and treadwell are healthy, and throw in a healthy nate klatt, and I think we'll be ok. We lose all our WRs, but thats my biggest (by far) concern. Maxwell will be a worthy replacement, and our rbs are all back.

Not to mention, our D loses hardly anyone. I dont think JA jumps early, but thats my only worry there. Worthy has all but said hes gone, which he should, hes a first round lock.

Our entire OL returns outside of foreman, and if burkland and treadwell are healthy, and throw in a healthy nate klatt, and I think we'll be ok. We lose all our WRs, but thats my biggest (by far) concern. Maxwell will be a worthy replacement, and our rbs are all back.

Not to mention, our D loses hardly anyone. I dont think JA jumps early, but thats my only worry there. Worthy has all but said hes gone, which he should, hes a first round lock.

The good news about our receivers is that that may be our deepest position. We have a lot of young talent, but it's basically 100% unproven. Fowler, Cesar, Mumphrey, Burbridge, Kerrick, Andre Sims...others?...I think a couple of them will step up.

Add Narduzzi to the list of "Seniors".... that dude is about to get a head coaching gig, unless we pay him some big money (like double his salary type money).

Impressive thought, considering our youth:

From Comp and MD's presser:

MSU Dantonio: "We have only had to play 1 freshman. So you are looking at 20 guys who are redshirting who are very good football players."

MSU Dantonio, can you root for Michigan this week? "Nope. Sorry, I can't. We just have to do it on our own."

JimComparoni Jim Comparoni

#MSU Dantonio: "Dennard should make his way back." (that's Darqueze Dennard). (Ankle at Iowa)

JimComparoni Jim Comparoni

Dantonio on #MSU's success: "We have taken good young people who will work."

Going back to the WRs for a moment, I do hope that Deanthony Arnett is enjoying his 0-6 conference record at Tennesee. They are one game behind Kentucky for last place in the weak SEC East.

At 8-2, Michigan has yet to beat a big ten team with a winning conference record.

If they beat one team with a winning big ten record (Nebraska), they have a great shot at a BCS berth.

Pure insanity.

Edited by SpartanValor

Just one more reason I want to see UM lose on Saturday. Imagine them going to the Fiesta Bowl up against Oklahoma.

I cringe for the B1G in that scenario. It would be almost as bad as last year's Capital One Bowl :hurt:

That's an interesting point re: Michigan. I'm wondering if it might be a bit misleading, though. What other big ten teams would have better numbers.

Msu would have 2 (mich and wisc)

Mich would have 1 (neb)

Neb would have 2 (msu and psu)

Wisc would have 2 (neb and psu)

If you add the win over nd, it would seem to make it not look so bad.

That being said, Michigan would get crushed if they played in a bcs bowl.

Shelton Iowa could finish 5-3 in conference, that would be three for MSU

I guess you were assuming those four teams win out (neb over iowa)? If mich loses to osu they can finish over 500 too. I guess there is a lot of football left.

I was comparing the teams as if each won out. Michigan could also drop their next two, dropping them from the list. Like you said, there is a lot of football left to be played.

I will always remember this class fondly. They stuck with MSU when the coaching switch happened (5th year seniors) and were MD's first real recruiting class (true seniors). Winningest senior class in the history of MSU-- says it all, about them and Mark Dantonio.

I'll miss Keshawn's punt returns and reverses. BJ's big time catches, the most ever. Keith Nichol's unbelievable unselfishness. Joel Foreman's consistency. And of course, Kirk Cousins, who I've questioned many times, but you can't question his character and wins. I'll miss them all- they leave as Champions, with the chance to repeat. Just think of where this program was when these players came to MSU-- on the heals of the JLS era. To say they changed the entire course of this program would be an enormous understatement. Unbelievable how much they've done for MSU Football, each and every one of them.

This will also be Jerel Worthy's final home game, I hope the fans give him the adoration he deserves.

Well said SV.

I love what this program has turned into with great coaches and great players. We might not bring in the biggest named recruits or the highest rated ones but they turn into dam fine players. I just love being able to sit back on a Saturday afternoon and know that this team really has a shot to win every game they play. Still loved watching them when they weren't so good but it makes it feel so much better when you know you have a shot to win.

As for the game on Saturday. I hope we come out all guns a blazing and just blow Indiana out of the water.

Going back to the WRs for a moment, I do hope that Deanthony Arnett is enjoying his 0-6 conference record at Tennesee. They are one game behind Kentucky for last place in the weak SEC East.

Yeah well he went where the money was. Hope to see his name pop up one day for taking Kiffin's pay day.

My take on the whole WR thing is that we always seem to bounc back with WR and RB. Both groups just seem to get coached up very well year after year. So I'm not to worried about what we have going into next year. I really think this Fowler kid turns into the next big time WR to play at MSU.

Edited by New_Age_X

I there was any doubt worthy is gone....espn:

"You've been projected as a possible first-round pick if you come out for the draft this year. Are you looking at this week as possibly your last home game as well?

JW: Sure. That's going to be a thought in my mind. It will be something I would like to cherish. I really want to go out there and just put on a show and just really embrace the experience of being out there. If it's the final home game for me, I would like to go out a winner and out on top. But if not, I'm due for seven or eight home games next season. It's something that's in the back of your mind, but at the same time it's not something I like to dwell on. Spartan Stadium has always been good to me, and I've built a lot of relationships here. So anytime a football season in East Lansing is coming to an end, it's always a sad moment. "