Sign in to follow this  
SpartanValor

Game 1: Carrier Classic: MSU v UNC

I think Appling and Green remain the team's best players (assuming Keith gets his perimeter game back in shape)...Although Dawson is in the conversation.

Nix and Payne, those two have to avoid the cheap fouls..Because if we need extended minutes from Gauna, that'll spell trouble. It'd be nice if Russel Byrd could really turn it on, because limiting Austin Thornton's minutes wouldn't hurt either.

God, I pray that Byrd starts taking Thornton's minutes at some point...

Other than that I generally liked what I saw. Scoring was an issue, but we were attacking the boards which I love. Should be fun.

I was actually pretty pleased with the performance last night. I mean sure, there were some bad fouls, and Travis had a couple big turnovers, but all in all, they were pretty decent. They had some 6-7 minute stretches where they were almost dominant, and the rebounding was nice to see after last year...

I'm getting bored beating up on Sparty every year as a Heel fan. Do we play you next season?

All joking aside though, that game was awesome. The whole idea, and basis behind it was great. So cool that our two teams were aloud to be a part of such an amazaing event.

Good luck the rest of the year Sparty!

Remember when unc didnt make the ncaa tourney in 2004? Yeah, that doesnt happen to izzo.

Unc obviously has the more recent titles, msu more consistent, both with great programs.

Remember when unc didnt make the ncaa tourney in 2004? Yeah, that doesnt happen to izzo.

Unc obviously has the more recent titles, msu more consistent, both with great programs.

MSU also doesn't have a coach that writes **** about 17 year old kids (Roe) in books. Williams is a douche. I like Coach K, but no thank you to Williams.

I'll take the titles and missing the tourney once and a while all day. It's not even close.

I didn't say they were. In the end, I'd rather have the Carolina program, because it's been more successful. There.

I'd rather have the very successful program not fronted by the hackneyed douchebag used car salesman...

Given tonights opponent, its worth mentioning that my respect for Duke is lightyears ahead of UNC.

Maybe thats just me, but UNC just seems like a white trash version of Duke.

Given tonights opponent, its worth mentioning that my respect for Duke is lightyears ahead of UNC.

Maybe thats just me, but UNC just seems like a white trash version of Duke.

Funny enough, I was watching a show a few weeks back and they were talking about tourism and the state of North Carolina. They were showing UNC's campus and how pretty it was...and talked about this statue on campus that commemorates Confederate soldiers from the Civil War and how pretty it was. I thought that was really f'ed up and looked it up online. Sure enough...that's just a backwards place...

UNC's Confederate statue draws new protest - Education - NewsObserver.com

Anywho, while I have zero respect for Williams, I will say I have a lot of respect for UNC's basketball program with respect to their how historically powerful they've been. Too bad they got a douche running the place now.

I saw this happen after the game, but had no idea who started it:

CLOTHES SWAP: Credit Michigan State’s Draymond Green, according to Strickland, for approaching the Tar Heels after the game and suggesting both teams take off their camouflage jerseys and give them to the Wounded Warriors sitting courtside.

Wow, what a cool guy...