Motor City Sonics

Your Tiger Free Agent LOCK for this off season.....

C'mon Mike, spend your money before the G-D kids get it!

:classic:

Exactly - Atanas can always fall back on his singing career if he runs short.

Not exactly a free agent.....but my answer is AJ Burnett. If you can't guess why or even see why....then you don't know the Tigers very well.

Meh, I dunno, prospects? Or stick him in long relief!

Don't see that happening. He's going to make 4MM next year, and 22 year olds don't typically get dealt for prospects.

Not exactly a free agent.....but my answer is AJ Burnett. If you can't guess why or even see why....then you don't know the Tigers very well.

I hope not.

Mark Buehrle, Juan Pierre.

Buehrle Gives us the LH starter we really want in the rotation.

Juan Pierre give the team a dose of speed at the top of the order and an experienced leadoff hitter who walks as much as he strikes out . . . as well as a guy who can lay down a bunt for a base hit. Pierre still has good range at either CF or LF, giving us an alternative to either Austin Jackson or Delmon young defensively.

Signing Pierre would likely mean Detroit would not keep Dirks on the big club next year, or trade him for bullpen help in some sort of package. It would also probably mean Raburn would play a lot of 2B unless he is also traded. At this stage in his career, Pierre would likely sign for cheaper with a team who could win a title in 2012.

I feel signing Buehrle is one of the biggest long shots of the offseason. Other, higher-revenue teams (especially the Yankees) need him more than we do. He won't come cheap. I wouldn't be surprised to see him land a 4/60 deal, or something close to that.

Juan Pierre is just not a useful player anymore. His OBP isn't above average, his batting average isn't any good, his complete lack of power negates any offensive value he would otherwise have. He's not a good defender anymore. He gets thrown out on the bases way too often to provide value on the basepaths.

Even conceding that he would be a decent 4th outfielder, he's not a better player than Dirks and he would cost way more.

Juan Pierre is just not a useful player anymore. His OBP isn't above average, his batting average isn't any good, his complete lack of power negates any offensive value he would otherwise have. He's not a good defender anymore. He gets thrown out on the bases way too often to provide value on the basepaths.

Even conceding that he would be a decent 4th outfielder, he's not a better player than Dirks and he would cost way more.

His OBP really has suffered, and his arm is still amongst the worst in the majors—but I really think he could be a very useful role player for us.

And he is a better defender than any of Raburn, Young, or Boesch even at this point in his career. If we could get him for $4M or so, I really think he has value.

His OBP really has suffered, and his arm is still amongst the worst in the majors—but I really think he could be a very useful role player for us.

And he is a better defender than any of Raburn, Young, or Boesch even at this point in his career. If we could get him for $4M or so, I really think he has value.

Does Juan Pierre do anything well anymore? He's one of the worst players in the league at this point.

For 4 million you can get a useful player. You could probably get Crisp for that or something. Even Fukodome is a significantly better player than Pierre at this point. He is NOT a better defender than Raburn anymore much less Boesch(and he's far from elite himself). Pierre has speed and was a decent defender in his 20s, so he has a reputation as something he isn't. Same way Raburn's defensive ineptitude is overplayed. He is not an upgrade on Dirks, like someone else said, offensively or defensively and he doesn't even help you on the basepaths anymore.

Joel Peralta

Locks up 7th inning....then Benoit 8th, Valverde 9th.

I also like Sergio Mitre long relief, K. Shoppach back-up C, and D. DeJesus for lead-off or dream world J. Reyes.

Then acquire Callaspo or Prado through trade.

Solves long relief, 7th inning, back-up catcher, lead-off OF and either 2B or 3B with Callaspo or Prado (both can play either position).

He's a worse player than Dirks, who we already have. I don't understand what the Tigers gain from that swap.

1. Kelly Shoppach (2yrs/6.5 mil + option for 2014)

2. Eric Bedard (2 yrs/6 mil + incentives)

3. David DeJesus (2 yrs 9 mil)(unless they get Beltran)

4. Frank Francisco (2 yrs 9 mil + option for 2014)

Edited by toadhunter911