hueytaxi

F-1 Redux

Third race this year Max had a DNF.  Technically it was a crash, but if you listened to the interview with Max the crash didn't matter.  With the engine problem they were going to have to retire anyway.  

Red Bull is still second in the constructors standings and Max is third in the WDC standings.  They weren't catching Mercedes or Lewis anyway, but with a couple more finishes he might have been ahead of Bottas for 2nd in the WDC.

15 hours ago, Deleterious said:

A fall Sunday.  Time to be disappointed by Ferrari in the morning and the Lions in the afternoon.  

The only thing to look forward to is the breakfast the girl usually makes me for a race.

At least Ferrari has the decency to give up by the first red flag.  The Lions stretched it out to the end.

Breakfast was good.

Huh.  Jimmie Johnson announced he will be driving for Chip Ganassi on the IndyCar circuit next year.

No race this weekend but we do have Le Mans.

Next year will be the first where Le Mans and other endurance races allow the hypercars.  I'm sure a private team will enter a Stradale but I'm curious if the Ferrari factory team will or not.  It would be fun to see them back at Le Mans.

The GT class this year is packed with private Ferrari teams.  4 of the 8 in the pro series and  11 of the 22 in the amateur series.  Looks like all the Corvette teams had to pull out due to Covid.  

Toyota Gazoo Racing won the overall Le Mans for the 3rd year in a row in the LMP1 class.

8847.jpg?1595279756

Good weekend for Aston Martin.  They won both GT classes.  

Next year will be the first year for the hypercar which is replacing LMP1.  I also noticed they are introducing a hydrogen fuel cell class in 2024.