hueytaxi

F-1 Redux

McLaren is in trouble. 

I saw someone in the French government saying Renault was going to need some type of assistance. 

F1 burns cash.  If these places are in real trouble their F1 team will be one of the first to go IMO.

I forgot about Racing Point.  If Stroll doesn't step in and change them over to Aston Martin I bet they would have died too.

Zandvoort has officially been cancelled.  No banked turn this year.

Organizers said they weren't real big on the idea of having the first race at the track without any fans.  They said it will be back next season.

I dont understand NASCAR with their dumb stages.  Now they just did something called a competition caution.  No problems on the track, 20 laps into the race, and they just put out a caution flag for absolutely no reason.  

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I dont understand NASCAR with their dumb stages.  Now they just did something called a competition caution.  No problems on the track, 20 laps into the race, and they just put out a caution flag for absolutely no reason.  

I was never a big NASCAR fan, but the stages thing really turned me off.

Now this "caution" thing (and I admit I haven't researched it)?

These rules are just another way to bunch the cars up in the attempt to have a more interesting race.  I get that in one way, but not another.  A race is just that; a race.  If it's a quarter mile, 500 miles, or 24 hours - the car/person who gets there first should win.

Part of NASCAR (and Indy) has always been pit stops (seconds count, or should - no matter the type of racing); dreaming up all these new ways to keep everyone on the same lap diminishes that IMO.  Pit stops are part of the strategy, just like being able to change out a 3000 horsepower engine in a top fuel dragster - in less than a half hour.

Of course in the big picture it will depend on what sells.  This may work, it may not.

But for the racing fans it will be a hot topic around the late night campfire.  That's one of the beauties of racing.

To those who insist on changing the rules all the time; don't **** it up. 

OK I might not agree with their reasoning.  But at least it makes sense now.

Next time I argue with the girl I'm calling for a competition caution.  Maybe it will let me catch up.

Huge news.  A few months ago that person on Reddit made that huge post describing what a fraud of a company Rokit was.  Wonder if that had anything to do with this.

This entire sport is at a crossroads.  More than half the grid is in financial turmoil.   Covid has exposed issues that were already in the background.   I don’t think F1 will go under but it’s in the realm of possibility.   Especially when you look back at Australia and realize who is making decisions at Liberty.

One has to wonder, given the loss of revenue for businesses due to the pandemic, what will happen to sponsor money.  This applies to all motorsports. 

I will pay $10K right now to any NASCAR team that puts a picture of my face on their hood.

And I don't mean a small picture.  I'm talking like the 70's Trans-Am Firebird on the hood big.

Didn't watch the NASCAR race today.  But the state of Michigan finished 1st and 5th.

They are still negotiating it, but they are pushing for reverse grid qualifying for tracks that are hosting two races.  First race would be normal, second race reverse grid.

• Like 1

I just found something out and it blows my mind.  

Apparently there are people that will let you wager money on the outcome of sporting events.  Max (+175), Lewis (+200), and Charles (+325) are the top 3 favorites.  Bottas (+550) and Seb (+1000) are tempting.  

I love me an electric car.  But you have to admit this internal combustion engine sounds better.

This is in Flat Rock.  People are saying no F1 work is done there, its just promotional.

cib6i2f33m251.jpg