hueytaxi

F-1 Redux

It’s a Mercedes lockout,  Seb driver error to cost position, and Ferrari making a tactical mistake.   It’s pretty much the full season in review in a single hour qualifying session at Monaco. 

6 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

It’s a Mercedes lockout,  Seb driver error to cost position, and Ferrari making a tactical mistake.   It’s pretty much the full season in review in a single hour qualifying session at Monaco. 

Not sending Leclerc back out was insane.  

That was the 10th consecutive time Stroll did not make it out of Q1.  Sounds like the team is having issues though and this wasn't on him.

Not sure how I'm supposed to get excited about a race where everyone admits there will be no overtaking.  That seems like a horrible race to me.

31 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Not sure how I'm supposed to get excited about a race where everyone admits there will be no overtaking.  That seems like a horrible race to me.

Hope for either a rainstorm or a delusional Russian scientist entering the track with a futuristic super weapon. 

Seems unlikely he gets any penalty from this.  The car was immediately pushed back to the weighbridge and they didn't work on it at all.  

11 hours ago, Deleterious said:

There's over-taking, just not in the same sort of way usually.

It's a lovely circuit to walk around if you get the chance btw.

It does look like a beautiful track.  It also looks like it would cost me a fortune to visit it.  

5 hours ago, Deleterious said:

It does look like a beautiful track.  It also looks like it would cost me a fortune to visit it.  

We happened to be there on a cruise someone had paid most of the cost of. We don't do cruises really and the idea of being stuck on a coach for hours to go on an excursion wasn't going to run. So we walked the circuit and explored the town on foot.

Best way would be on a train for a day from somewhere else. I mean, obviously you have to get to Europe, but it is a quite interesting place to go for a day if you happened to be somewhere on the western Mediterranean.

Exciting first 12 laps so far.  Leclerc driving with his hair on fire.   We will see how many yellows he can bring out before his car breaks down. 

With weather pending and an early SC, this is the first race this season where we’ve seen very different tire strategies among teams.  Looks like an even mix of the 3 types out on track right now.   

They had a few interesting stats on Monaco during qualifying.

It's the second smallest country in the world. Only the Vatican is smaller.

30% of the residents are millionaires.

With the five second penalty, is it smart fire Max to attempt a pass?

He's probably finishing fourth no matter what. Why risk a crash on a pass attempt. Unless he feels he can put a gap on Bottas.

28 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

With the five second penalty, is it smart fire Max to attempt a pass?

He's probably finishing fourth no matter what. Why risk a crash on a pass attempt. Unless he feels he can put a gap on Bottas.

It wasn’t smart.  Max should’ve stayed back and it was almost s Scorpion and the Frog moment.  

So Max ran the last 60 laps or so in the wrong torque mode.

Coming in for his pitstop he was told to put his engine in a lower torque mode.  I assume so he doesn't spin coming out of the pits.  He was told to put it back to a higher mode coming out, but forgot.  Apparently you can't change it on the track, it's only allowed in the pits.  

42 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I recommend the Senna documentary on Netflix.

It’s really good.  I watched it again a little while back.   They have a Williams doc on Netflix as well and it was interesting but I got pulled away before I could finish.  

41 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

It’s really good.  I watched it again a little while back.   They have a Williams doc on Netflix as well and it was interesting but I got pulled away before I could finish.  

McLaren had one on Prime. But it's more like Drive to Survive where it's just one season and it only follows McLaren.

Funny to watch them dump Honda and go with Renault engines. Honda had four in the top ten yesterday.