Sign in to follow this  
hueytaxi

F-1 Redux

Don't know if I somehow locked the original thread or something offensive was listed (I hope not). Not an exciting race with Vettel leading by so much, though the next 5 places caused some entertainment. The replay was spoiled for me due to the Indy race crash. I had watched the first hour live. India next and we need the USA back on the schedule.

For me, once again, the entertainment was Hamilton, this time hanging on to his place from Webber as opposed to charging up from the back to a top 5. Announcers were making something about his subdued attitude, speculating that something was wrong in his personal life. Who knows, maybe he's just taking the view that wins and championships are all that matters, not poles and 2nd place finishes.

It was also interesting to note that both McClarens ended up with understeer in the race nearly from the word go because all the rubber 'clag' that was coming off their tires got jammed in the front wing. Interesting because it seemed that for the first time this season they may have pulled even with Red Bull in practice and qualifying, only to struggle in the race. This has relevance to 2012, I can appreciate a team/driver being dominant for one season, I don't know that I'd like it to repeat itself tho.

I will say the India course is beautiful, but an idiot designed the pit lane entrance. Thank goodness the lady Gaga portion was not shown.

Enjoyed the replay of Abu Dhabi today. Shame about Vetter's luck today. I do like the circuit and the camera work was decent. Before I watched, a sports scroll crossed the screen listing Alonso as the winner. Was there some post race issue that arose?

Forget the banner I mentioned. I saw it again stating Hamilton won and then began with #2 Alonso...........

DvR just recorded a black screen and when I later checked it, it was no longer in my recorded list. Luckily the replay is tomorrow.

My DVR has something against F1. Again failed to record, yet I saw it scheduled and the record light on while recording.

I meant to look this thread out last week actually.

All looks jolly interesting - bit more of a competition than last season anyway as clearly the Red Bull's aren't able to out qualify everyone. And Lotus/Renault and Williams seem to be able to race again.

Rain in Malaysia btw, although it seems to have shaken things up even more. Probably worth catching highlights at least.

I need to watch the highlights - did Webber's car nearly flip over or something?

I'd say Mercedes would have had a shout at a 1-2 if they can out the wheel nuts back on properly on Schumi's car!

Just finished the DVR version of today's Bahrain race. Nice to see Vettel and Red Bull back in front. Even better to see Lotus up there and on top of that the mix of winners and manufacturers already this year.

McClaren can't seem to get out of their own way. Fastest car overall the first four races but Button unable to finish a race twice and Hamilton getting crippled by poor pit stops. Anybody's game right now, I believe they have a break during which they will be able to test again, and I suspect that whoever's fastest coming out of that will remain so. Interesting to see how many teams come out with the Mercedes double DRS as well.

But yeah China was the best race so far, Rosberg wins with a huge gap but 2nd - 14th(!) just shuffled all around the final 10 laps.

Tomorrow's race should be pretty exciting. It's at Spa, one of the coolest tracks of the year, and the field is all out of whack. Should be a lot of fun.

Yes, bizarre qualification isn't it? I didn't see any of it as we've been at the paralympics the last couple of days, but caught a brief report on the web.

Spa is my favourite track though.

What a fantastic wreck to start the race! Hamilton and Alanso both taken out at the first turn. Grosjean banned for the next race for causing it.

XQdH6OZYrSE

I don't now how someone can snooze through a NASCAR race and not appreciate the Formula 1 circuit. Even with a large margin of victory, it was an exciting race.

Monza is a wonderful circuit, but the race was not exciting for me. The 2.7 second pitstop was one of the highlights. I admit I was distracted by other items while it played.

Korean race today certainly had some poor air quality. Don't now if was an inversion layer, smog or what. Can't stand astroturf on a racetrack!

Nascar ownership continues to ruin Speed channel. Now the F1 races will shift to NBC for 2013. I hope they at least hire some announcers who understand 3.7 second pit stops and tire compounds. While the Speed announcers are held to the whims of the host country's feed director, they at least keep it entertaining. I hope I never hear Waltrip make his silly comments as the light goes out.