John_Brian_K

With all due respect to the Tigers, and Tigers fans...

Tigers have a better chance at the World Series than Lions have going 16-0. Felt like I had to say that ! :wink:

I would rather the Lions go 0-16 for the next hundred years than the Tigers not go to the series.

I would rather the Lions go 0-16 for the next hundred years than the Tigers not go to the series.

This is a baseball forum disguising itself as a Sports forum....of course you would. :happy:

The Lions going 0-16 and running it the other way in 3 years would be the sports story of the century.

Edited by John_Brian_K
Spelling

How about both? Why can't we be greedy?

We can....and I am actually, but it was in response to the other thread that would give back all the Lions wins for ONE more win from the Tigers which didn't even guarantee they would win this series.

I have said it before, but will say it again for those who missed it or care, but I am about as close to 50/50 with my love for both teams as I think you can get. The other thread screamed 'I am a Tiger fan and do not give a crap about football!' mine was meant to show a tougher question for someone who likes both teams equally.

Don't get me wrong though.

I would love a Super Bowl.

A super bowl would be nice, but not even a part of this discussion. The Pats did it and look what happened in the SB against NY.

I'll always take a Tigers championship over the Wings and Lions. I like the Wings more than the Lions but I'll take Lions championship first just because I've seen the Wings win it all

I'll always take a Tigers championship over the Wings and Lions. I like the Wings more than the Lions but I'll take Lions championship first just because I've seen the Wings win it all

It is so close this year. We are 6 games away from taking the whole thing. Not sure when we get this close again. It is hard for me to say what I did, but honestly; for me, if the Tigers come up short and the Lions somehow go 16-0 I will forever look back on this year as the greatest sports season in my life.

We can....and I am actually, but it was in response to the other thread that would give back all the Lions wins for ONE more win from the Tigers which didn't even guarantee they would win this series.

I have said it before, but will say it again for those who missed it or care, but I am about as close to 50/50 with my love for both teams as I think you can get. The other thread screamed 'I am a Tiger fan and do not give a crap about football!' mine was meant to show a tougher question for someone who likes both teams equally.

Maybe the best thing to do would be to respond in THAT thread, not to start another thread meant to get even with another thread. One bad thread doesn't mean we need more bad threads. As for the forum being a 'baseball forum disguised as a sports forum', well, that could be said for whatever particular sport garners the most interest. So if the most post were about hockey, you could insert "hockey" into that statement. Bottom line is, there are areas for each sport. Just because your favorite sport isn't getting the most traffic doesn't invalidate the site. Not sure what your ultimate goal here is. :confused:

Maybe the best thing to do would be to respond in THAT thread, not to start another thread meant to get even with another thread. One bad thread doesn't mean we need more bad threads. As for the forum being a 'baseball forum disguised as a sports forum', well, that could be said for whatever particular sport garners the most interest. So if the most post were about hockey, you could insert "hockey" into that statement. Bottom line is, there are areas for each sport. Just because your favorite sport isn't getting the most traffic doesn't invalidate the site. Not sure what your ultimate goal here is. :confused:

You completely missed the whole point. I was not trying to get back at another thread. It was meant to garner discussion from people who consider themselves fans of both.

I didnt think it was a 'bad thread' it got me thinking what I would give up hope for the WS for....I came to this conclusion and instead of mare that thread or derail it I started a new one.

This forum is, by absolutely no complaint from me, a baseball forum. The Red Wings could win the cup this year and you will get more traffic on the baseball threads than the hockey one. There is nothing wrong with that...it is what it is.

I think I layed out my goal pretty well....and again Football is not my favorite sport....close, but baseball and football are all right there for me. I have 3300 posts in this forum so far and would guess about 3250 are all in the baseball forum.

I would give up my hope of a world series this year to see the Lions go 16-0. Just felt like I had to say that. :happy:

16-0 is overrated. Ask the Pats how that went for them.

Edit: Doh, you mentioned it in a later post. :pirate:

I'm a huge fan of all the Detroit teams. I've seen the Tigers, Wings and Pistons win multiple championships. While I wouldn't want to ever give any of them up, the one thing missing for me is a Lions Super Bowl victory. If I somehow had a choice of a Tigers World Series win this year or a Lions Super Bowl win in February, I would have to go with the Lions. It doesn't make me root for the Tigers less or even mean I'm a bigger football fan than a baseball fan, it just means I've never witnessed a Lions championship.

If given the choice between:

A.) Folding the Lions, Burning Ford Field down, and erasing the history and records

or

B.) One more regular season win for the Tigers

I would have to think long and hard.

Yeah? Well I just traded the rest of the Tigers' season for a Spartans win. Deal with it.

I'd give up tonight's Wings victory for an All Blacks victory over the Wallabies in the semi's of the Rugby World Cup in Auckland which starts at 4am Eastern time tomorrow.