PuNk42AE

GDT: #11 Michigan @ Michigan State Sat. Oct. 15th 12:00 PM

How do you miss that taunt? Add the missed ejection, and the missed backward pass/fumble..... not saying UM wins this game with better calls, but it might look different.

Well basically the blown calls probably did cost them the game, but at the same time Denard was horribl ein the first half, the O-Line got dominated all game, the D-Line got dominated all game.

MSU has a very good D-Line and some good linebackers, so I can understand the offense struggling, but getting killed by the MSU O-Line and a bunch of missed tackles was just bad all around.

And while I hate the guy, there's no doubt Hoke and Borges got owned by Dantonio and company. Stupid QB switching in the 1st half, no answer to the MSU blitzing, and then that awful, awful, awful 4th down call that probably cost them the game.

edit: Seriously, a stupid trick play on 4th and inches when a touchdown ties the game. I'm never going to get over that decision.

I can deal with the loss. What I am most angry about is how dirty MSU is. They were going for Denard's head all game long. Gholston twisting his head, intentional late hits after throws, the punch to Lewan. Hell, that taunt is small potatoes compared to this ****. I have no respect...NONE for a trailer park program like that who supports dirty play. Want to bet Dantonio suspends any of his players? The NCAA may, but he won't. MSU fans should be embarrassed by the cheap shots.

Anyways, 6-1 at the BYE week. I would have taken that at the start of this year, and I'll still take it. Need to bounce back, which is something they have not done in the past 3 years.

AND WAS THAT GHOLSTON ASKING TO SHAKE HOKE'S HAND? I hope Hoke told him to go to hell.

Michigan just isn't that good, and hasn't been very good all year. MSU was definitely the better team today.

Michigan may just lose 4 games before the end of the year! :(

Al Borges has received much praise this season, and I just don't see it. His playcalling was a major factor in this game. Christ, he made Mike Deborg look like a damn genius.

Michigan State has a pretty solid team on offense (running and passing) with Baker and the 4 year QB Cousins. They have a very good defense also. Michigan is much better on defense yet they lack a passing game on offense since Odoms was penalized for misbehaving and Denard has not learned to pass the ball. Gardner looks good as a passer.

I want to know what has happened with Mark Dantonio. He used to be serious about having a disciplined team but now his team looked like thugs today. Gholston punching a player and grabbing Denard's facemask. Number 44 threw Denard to the ground for another unsportsmanlike penalty and the taunt on the interception return for a TD. Tons of penalties almost killed the Spartans. Michigan was so close to turning this game around because of the undisciplined Spartans. Maybe they were fired up as the opponent was undefeated Michigan but I am quite certain the Spartans were favored today. Michigan is not a top 11 team...but today I think they showed they are a top 25 team.

This loss should help Michigan to a lower bowl game so they don't have to play at Mississpi State or another SEC team and lose by 50 points again. Denard is just frustrating when throwing the ball. And Hoke makes some funny calls out there putting Gardner in the game but I cannot argue that Gardner can throw the ball. Perhaps we need to see Gardner at QB and Denard at wide out more often?

I want to know what has happened with Mark Dantonio. He used to be serious about having a disciplined team but now his team looked like thugs today. Gholston punching a player and grabbing Denard's facemask. Number 44 threw Denard to the ground for another unsportsmanlike penalty and the taunt on the interception return for a TD. Tons of penalties almost killed the Spartans. Michigan was so close to turning this game around because of the undisciplined Spartans. Maybe they were fired up as the opponent was undefeated Michigan but I am quite certain the Spartans were favored today. Michigan is not a top 11 team...but today I think they showed they are a top 25 team.

The only thing Michigan showed was that they their defense isn't complete garbage and they can score a whooping two TDs when the other team racks up 120 penalty yards and gift wraps a couple fumbles. I think Michigan is (barely) a top 25 team too, but they didn't show it today.

I would say the BYE week has come at a perfect time. Time to recover for Denard after getting hit so many times (both legally and illegally), give the team even more time to be pissed about that performance, and the much needed time for Borges to get his head out of his ***.

I really don't care that MSU is a dirty team, they have been for years, who cares, you win the game and then they would have felt pretty bad about the stupid penalties.

You had Denard being awful in the first half, Vincent Smith blowing the hot route on the pick six, and that playcall on 4th and inches that cost Michigan the game. You've got a bye week and then Purdue, Michigan has two weeks to fix stuff and they certainly better be 7-1 after that game.

I'm sorry guys, I made a deal with both God and the Devil that UM and the Lions would lose this weekend in exchange for 2 Tigers victories Saturday and Sunday.

It was a judgement call and I stand by it.

Also, maybe Cousins should take care of his own team first before he goes preaching to everyone else about how to act.

Being dirty is being dirty, I actually don't have a problem with that. What ticks me off is Mr. Self-Righteous sitting on the sideline with a smile on his face while it's happening. SOP.

I'm sorry guys, I made a deal with both God and the Devil that UM and the Lions would lose this weekend in exchange for 2 Tigers victories Saturday and Sunday.

Oooh... That would be a tough call for me to make, but I just may have made it too.

I'd gladly make that deal. Without hesitation.

I'd gladly make that deal. Without hesitation.

Yeah I think I got a good deal. I would have given 2 Lions games and the rest of UMs if I had to.

Maybe they accepted UMs last 3 seasons as a down payment.

That's a hell of a deal.

Guys, I admit, I did not like the MSU unis as much as I thought I would. But those bumblebee getups were atrocious.

Not exactly ESPN's finest day today. Cameras look terrible. I understand the wind, but the contrast is all messed up and some of the angles have been terrible.
Plus, the sun kept going in and out of the cloud cover. I think that was the part that really messed things up.

WTF?

MSU defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi said he never wants penalties, of course.

"The only disappointing thing was the penalties," Narduzzi said. "The unnecessary roughness, you know, the guy (Robinson) is squirming all over the place. I thought that was what the game was, unnecessary roughness on every play, and that's what we tried to do, 60 minutes of unnecessary roughness. I'm just glad they didn't call it every snap."

Michigan Wolverines | Wolverines shrug off suggestions of dirty play by Spartans | The Detroit News

WTF?

MSU defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi said he never wants penalties, of course.

"The only disappointing thing was the penalties," Narduzzi said. "The unnecessary roughness, you know, the guy (Robinson) is squirming all over the place. I thought that was what the game was, unnecessary roughness on every play, and that's what we tried to do, 60 minutes of unnecessary roughness. I'm just glad they didn't call it every snap."

Michigan Wolverines | Wolverines shrug off suggestions of dirty play by Spartans | The Detroit News

Classy.

Little late but Ill give my thoughts on this one.

1) First time this season I have been upset with the coaching staff. I wasn't there, but the playcalling to the QB or the signals were getting in late, thus rushing the team to the line. msu was able to jump the snap on numerous occasions because Drob had to snap the ball at 1 on the play clock several times. I also believe with 3 or 4 minutes to go, going for the 4th and short inside the 15 was the correct call. But not getting the right personnel on the field, not getting the play in time rushed the team to the line. Hoke should have used a timeout in this situation like he did in the first half. That was way to big of a play to rush or not run the right play you want too bc of confusion.

2) Drob is an athlete not a QB and the B10 season shows it every year. This is causing a problem for the coaching staff obviously because they cannot run the offense they want to, which leads to confusion and some awful playcalling. They also need to over compensate and try to get cute with several plays which really hurt the team. I give msu credit for stopping him but wow it was reminding me of the Nick Sheridan days where we couldn't even complete a pass yesterday. Thats not college football. Weather played a part in it but it was still awful.

3) I still love this coaching staff and where the program is headed. Hoke is coaching them well, they played hard, the played with passion and most of all they played with class which was great to see considering how msu was playing. Mattison will have a top 10 defense within 3 years and I think the only thing holding this program back is Drob at QB. They need to make a decision this offseason if Drob doesn't show huge improvement the rest of the schedule. Im looking forward to seeing this team with either Gardner or eventually Morris running the offense.

4) They have two weeks to right the ship. I am completely confident in this staff unlike the past 2 seasons where they collapsed. I said 8 wins before the season and they could still win 9 or 10. I hate losing to msu but good things are finally coming for this program, and they are coming quickly. A miracle in my opinion considering what dickrod did to the school.

Gholston was suspended one game by the B1G for his punch to Lewan. I'm not sure how the Denard Robinson facemask twisting got lost in all of this. That was even dirtier.

Yikes, that was a bad game, made worse by the fact that I was there. (I'm not a fan of that stadium for any game and even less so when Michigan is in town.) Denard was just awful, there is no other way to put that, no silver lining. Still, I appreciate what they are trying to do on the offensive side of the ball and feel no less optimistic about their future.

All in all it seemed like an incredibly sloppy game with so many penalties, State's foolish TOs and Michigan's offensive incompetence. I'll be interested to see what Wisconsin gets done against State's defense because I had a hard time distinguishing what they deserved credit for and what Michigan's offense deserved blame for. Certainly they came up with some big plays but there were some big plays there for the taking had Denard and company been able to execute.

Michigan better come prepared for Purdue. They look good against Illinois today, up 21-0 in the third. They played Penn St. well last week too. They are much better team than what we thought at the beginning of the season IMO.