muddy123

watch game on internet ?

Hey, not a bad idea for $6. I will have to suggest this to my friend, a middle school teacher who canceled their cable after his wife lost her job.

Yeah. Guy who's never posted here before, asking for an illegal link. That's gonna get a lot of responses.

Hey, not a bad idea for $6. I will have to suggest this to my friend, a middle school teacher who canceled their cable after his wife lost her job.

Actually, Postseason.tv is a complete waste of money. You cannot watch the broadcast version of the game; instead, you choose a camera and it stays there even when the ball is put in play, which leads you to miss a lot of action. No scoring overlays either.

Yeah. Guy who's never posted here before, asking for an illegal link. That's gonna get a lot of responses.

+1

Actually, Postseason.tv is a complete waste of money. You cannot watch the broadcast version of the game; instead, you choose a camera and it stays there even when the ball is put in play, which leads you to miss a lot of action. No scoring overlays either.

I wouldn't say it's a complete waste -- it was irritating for the reasons that you indicated -- they should provide a feed from TBS where the camera shot changes are provided by their producers, with the option of selecting your own camera shots if you'd like.

As far as the linescore and game situation, just turn on gameday on another screen and you're all set.

What I couldn't believe was how out-of-sync the camera angles were with each other -- the broad CF shot gave you the best traditional pitcher/batter angle and the mid-home-plate shot is the one that tracks the defensive plays for the network, so you could could go shot-in-shot for the best combination -- but unfortunately most of the time one of the two angles was anywhere from 2 - 5 minutes behind the action. Very irritating. If they could add the produced camera selections option and de-bug the DVR feature mlb.tv would be a nice upgrade on traditional TV viewing, IMHO.

BTW, today's experience with MLB.TV was MUCH better -- the camera shots were much more in sync, and actually got to within about 10 seconds of the radio feed (last night it could be as much as 5 minutes off).

Much better experience today -- hope it continues.

postseason.tv - For only $3.99 you can watch along with the TBS version. It's pretty snazzy. Here is how it looks on my iPad:

JAFXP.png

That's got to be the shortest tenure of anyone who's ever been released. How bad do you have to be to be booted after only three posts? Now we know, I guess.

Meh. I don't have too much issue with people trying to stream a game online. Not their fault that MLB & TBS has dropped the ball on streaming the games online. Makes me wish ESPN had the ALDS so that people could utilize ESPN3.com

I am thinking about giving a buddy of mine back in Detroit money to buy a slingbox for next year and hook it up to his cable. Then I could just log on and watch. From what I have read that isn't illegal.

Meh. I don't have too much issue with people trying to stream a game online. Not their fault that MLB & TBS has dropped the ball on streaming the games online. Makes me wish ESPN had the ALDS so that people could utilize ESPN3.com

I am thinking about giving a buddy of mine back in Detroit money to buy a slingbox for next year and hook it up to his cable. Then I could just log on and watch. From what I have read that isn't illegal.

Posting the url and the password on a public forum is absolutely illegal, and would likely get this website shut down.

Posting the url and the password on a public forum is absolutely illegal, and would likely get this website shut down.

Not saying it isn't illegal, but the harsh backlash is a bit unjustified. I doubt they would shut the board down. There are many high profile message boards where people have posted links to online streaming websites. If anything, the more people post links, the quicker those links are shut down.

But in my original post, would the slingbox set up work? Would it be legal

Not saying it isn't illegal, but the harsh backlash is a bit unjustified. I doubt they would shut the board down. There are many high profile message boards where people have posted links to online streaming websites. If anything, the more people post links, the quicker those links are shut down.

Watching on a slingbox is legal, therefore watching the playoffs on a slingbox is legal.

Watching on a slingbox is legal, therefore watching the playoffs on a slingbox is legal.

Interesting. So why would an out-of-town fan like me pay for MLB Extra Innings or mlb.tv when I could make a one-time payment for a slingbox? Plus I wouldn't be blacked out for FOX Saturday games

Interesting. So why would an out-of-town fan like me pay for MLB Extra Innings or mlb.tv when I could make a one-time payment for a slingbox? Plus I wouldn't be blacked out for FOX Saturday games

Because slingbox is much more expensive than MLB.TV, some people may not want to pay the money for it. In your case, the slingbox probably will better suit your needs.

I would not want to entrust the future of this site to the hunch that people with a lot more money and power than we do not mind if we act as though that power and money does not exist.