Sign in to follow this  
Sports_Freak

Brennan Smith needs YOUR votes, please help?

Hey Guys (and girls),

My wife's 2nd cousin, Brennan Smith, had the best ERA and many other great stats this season for Connecticut.

He worked his tail off all season with a great attitude.

Not only that, but he is a great kid, son and grandson.

Yeah, OK, I'm biased. :classic:

But the point of this thread is he now needs our help. He's up for the "Short Season Pitcher of the Year" And we CAN vote him in. Looking deeper into the stats, he's very deserving. Everyone can vote up to 25 times and each and every vote would be truly appreciated. His position is at the bottom of the provided link. Please take 5 minutes to vote him in, IF you feel he's deserving. And TYIA for everyone who casts a single vote!

2011 MiLB Awards - Starter of the Year | MiLB.com News | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

Excellent - thanks for posting this!

My son and I mailed a baseball card with autograph request to Brennan this season. He signed it, personalized to my son, and added another signed/personalized card of his own. Very, very nice.

Between our 3 computers I'll be casting 75 votes. As of this post, he leads with 32% (2% ahead of the next guy).

Thanks for posting this sportsfreak. Small world, we must be related, I'm a little biased too. :cool: 25 votes from all 3 of our computers, as well as, posted to my facebook.

Excellent - thanks for posting this!

My son and I mailed a baseball card with autograph request to Brennan this season. He signed it, personalized to my son, and added another signed/personalized card of his own. Very, very nice.

Between our 3 computers I'll be casting 75 votes. As of this post, he leads with 32% (2% ahead of the next guy).

Cool story. I'll be seeing Brennan at X-Mas and tell him how we're all following him and wishing him luck. It sure is cool to have someone you're actually related to (by marriage) to get drafted by your favorite team. I'm not sure how I would feel if he were drafted by the Twinkies. : ) But it sure is a long hard road to the majors!