chasfh

Elizabeth Warren For President

:grin:

308894_281969618480690_114517875225866_1144593_1494322467_n.jpg

I don't know why the opposition to the know-nothing 'all government is bad/I want to pay no taxes/screw my neighbor' right wing appears incapable of articulating simple truth like this in the public debate.

I don't know why the opposition to the know-nothing 'all government is bad/I want to pay no taxes/screw my neighbor' right wing appears incapable of articulating simple truth like this in the public debate.

Have anyone specifically in mind? :grin:

So the Police and Fire department are federal agencies now? I get her point but...I can see an argument that perhaps this signals an increased role for the central government in the lives of people. You like wearing pants? Well, it was our fire department that protected the shipment in the warehouse before those pants were in the store. If you like wearing clothes you'd better thank the government for giving you them.

If said individual started a factory and it failed, and said individual ended up destitute because he took that risk, would said individual be able to stay at the fireman's house?

Edited by MrDeeds

If said individual started a factory and it failed, and said individual ended up destitute because he took that risk, would said individual be able to stay at the fireman's house?

I like how you edited out bankruptcy because the government would take care of that :wink:

I like how you edited out bankruptcy because the government would take care of that :wink:

The government would give him his house and car back after the creditors seized everything because his factory failed? What do you mean by take care of that?

The government would give him his house and car back after the creditors seized everything because his factory failed? What do you mean by take care of that?

Just because you file bankruptcy doesn't mean you lose everything. It's far from it. The government would restructure his debt and he can keep his house.

maybe.

My parents couldn't.

Are they destitute? They probably wouldn't have even been able to get a mortgage without the government.

I like how you edited out bankruptcy because the government would take care of that

The other thing the government would take care of is his taxes, since business losses are deductible.

Are they destitute? They probably wouldn't have even been able to get a mortgage without the government.
Excuse me? Don't you dare assume you know anything about my parents' ability to get a mortgage!

There are no great revelations in that quote.

Business owners may quibble over the definition of how much is a "hunk", but 99% of them will agree with everything she said.

Excuse me? Don't you dare assume you know anything about my parents' ability to get a mortgage!

Without Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, mortgages would be hard to obtain.

Without Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, mortgages would be hard to obtain.

nobody ever got them before.

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/fcic/fcic.pdf

There's 662 pages of information to prove you wrong. To savee you some time, you only need to read the first 40.

Who would've thought you would come swooping in to tell us how evil government is and how big of a bogey man banks are? So where do you suppose the banks should go to get the funding for mortgages?

See, that's why I don't venture in here too often. I was, in no way, implying that I thought the government is bad. Merely that your point did not hold in all cases.

Just because I disagree with one post, that must mean that I'm a government-hating anarchist, who wants everyone to live in some sort of tribal society without taxes, when little could be further from the truth.

Assumptions run rampant around here.

LOL! Nowhere, we're broke. The last think we need is more credit/debt.

But your right, I don't like the banks, but just some of them. :devious:

See, that's why I don't venture in here too often. I was, in no way, implying that I thought the government is bad. Merely that your point did not hold in all cases.

Just because I disagree with one post, that must mean that I'm a government-hating anarchist, who wants everyone to live in some sort of tribal society without taxes, when little could be further from the truth.

Assumptions run rampant around here.

Speaking of assumptions, where did anyone suggest anything in your second paragraph to you?

LOL! Nowhere, we're broke. The last think we need is more credit/debt.

But your right, I don't like the banks, but just some of them. :devious:

I love banks. Without them I wouldn't be able to buy a house, car, boat etc.

I don't know where to find the little smiley thing that looks like a spike going through someones head, but if I did, that would be my reply.

Thanks for making my point.

I don't know where to find the little smiley thing that looks like a spike going through someones head, but if I did, that would be my reply.

Thanks for making my point.

Those rotten banks for extending me money and expecting me to pay it back. Shame on them. :dead: