#22 in AP Top 25

#21 in USA Today Poll

VS.

Optimized_aztecwarrior.gif

3-0, 0-0 (Mountain West)

Unranked

BIG-TEN-NET.jpg

Edited by lesgoblu02

Please bear with me on the game threads. I'm brand new to this and just wanted to get one up before my week gets crazy. I will be tinkering with it all season. I am open to any and all suggestions.

I can't believe UM is ranked. Wow.

It is more because of our program history than our performences... If no-name university had played the same games, they still wouldn't be ranked.

I can't believe UM is ranked. Wow.

Same here. I am a big Michigan fan but I don't see this offense being effective once B1G play starts. The defense while improved is still not up to Michigan standards.

I am a Michigan slappy, but they are not one of the Top 25 teams in the country. No way.

Well, pretty much no matter who was ranked 15-25 or so, they would probably seem undeserving at this point in the season, not many teams have seemed that impressive. It's not a surprise they'd go with the 3-0 team with a big fanbase.

I don't see why they shouldn't be ranked. They are 3-0. They beat a very good ND team. They won their cupcake games handily. The rankings are about who you have played and beat, not necessarily which team is better. I don't know that you could find many teams below them that have a better resume and deserve to be ranked ahead of them.

This game is the one that worries me. The game I think we should win but have a decent chance of losing. I put Minn and Pur in the W column, and the others we should be underdogs. But this one we will need to play well (or complete an improbable comeback) on at least one side of the football to win.

Hoping we start shotgun and run a lot of zone-read and play-action from it.

I don't see why they shouldn't be ranked. They are 3-0. They beat a very good ND team. They won their cupcake games handily. The rankings are about who you have played and beat, not necessarily which team is better. I don't know that you could find many teams below them that have a better resume and deserve to be ranked ahead of them.

This.

ND is a good football and will probably finish 9-3 if not 10-2. UM is not undeserving rank.

Shelton, you have any plans on going to the UM/NW game this season?

At work before the poll came out someone was asking me what I expected Michigan to be ranked and I thought they were joking. But after thinking about the teams that lost I realized they probably would be near the end since after week to they were #26. With losses by OSU and MSU I realized they probably would be, but don't really see them as a top 25 team yet.

It's so arbitrary, these rankings. That Michigan is in the bottom 1/5 of the Top 25 is neither surprising or disturbing. It's totally independent of what Michigan does on the field.

This game will be a blowout in Michigan's favor and we deserve to be in the top-25.

No further analysis needed.

I got a baaaaaaad feeling about this Saturday.

4906690_std.jpg

Everybody gotta die sometime Red. Berenger was awesome in that movie.

Even after all his other roles, including "Bob" in Office Space, this is the one thing I will remember John C. McGinley for. Two classic lines:

1. What are you saving up to be, Jewish?

2. Hey ONeill, take a break! You dont have to be a prick every day

If UM can win this game by a couple of td's, ill be impressed. I am just real worried about SDSU for some reason, maybe its UM's slow starts or the fact that we havent decided on an offense yet. I say just come out in the Shotgun and run what makes Denard more comfortable. He seems to be more accurate on the run.

We'll let them stew in their own hate juice. Never knew that Hoke's leaving was such a sore point among Aztec boosters. SD State is not a final stop for any coach, but a breeding ground for good coaches, so I'm surprised over their ANGAR.

This game is scary for Michigan. The defense still stinks and the offense hasn't worked out the kinks yet.

I kind of wonder when Borges will realize that Denard was born to play the spread and give up trying to run from under center? Unless it's a QB draw or something.

I am happy to see that they aren't sticking with the power ball run game that they ultimately want to run. Sign of good coaching, IMO.