John_Brian_K

2011 ALDS Tickets

Got home game 2 and home game 3. Will be attending both. my home game 3 tix are sec 321 row 4 and they say OV which i am assuming is obstructed view. What is obstructed from up there?

Got home game 2 and home game 3. Will be attending both. my home game 3 tix are sec 321 row 4 and they say OV which i am assuming is obstructed view. What is obstructed from up there?

Probably that glass partition someone above was mentioning.

one reason why they may say Obstructed View is not due to any structure in the way, but due to the fans. I've sat in the 300 sections near the stairs and as people are constantly coming up and down the stairs they can block your view.

It's the playoffs. Do it.

I'm not sure at this point if I can get them. I'm wondering if they are an upgrade over standing room? There were some workers who pooled some money together and bought tickets but got two different locations for game 1. They are debating whether to sell them to me at face value or try for a profit.

I still got some tickets for sale for a (fair market) price. Shoot me a PM if interested or go to page 2 to check out what I got.

Edited by Joec03

one reason why they may say Obstructed View is not due to any structure in the way, but due to the fans. I've sat in the 300 sections near the stairs and as people are constantly coming up and down the stairs they can block your view.

Obstructed view is usually in the 300 sections because the glass from the entry tunnel to the sectio nmight block the view. No real big deal and nothing to worry about.

I'm not sure at this point if I can get them. I'm wondering if they are an upgrade over standing room? There were some workers who pooled some money together and bought tickets but got two different locations for game 1. They are debating whether to sell them to me at face value or try for a profit.

Sitting for nine innings is better than standing. Just give them 10 extra bucks than they bought them for and sell your SRO for a little profit

If anyone is interested in a single seat I'm going to just sell mine. Section 217, Row 15, seat 22.

It's for game 2.

I had a ticket in the last row of the right field bleachers for the world series. There was standing room right behind me, sort of in between the concession stands and my row. It's not a high traffic area due the concessions blocking it off. If you have SRO, check out that spot.

I had SRO in 2006 (for the Kenny Rogers game). While the game was awesome and I was thrilled to have been able to be there, SRO kind of sucked. We got there early to "get a good spot", but people just kept crowding in and people came in late, completely drunk, and would force their way in to your space. We spent half our time trying to "save" our spaces when someone would need to go to the bathroom.

That "saving spaces" generally works when 2 of a group of 3 don't decide to head to the restrooms at the same time. And to think neither of them came back with a beer for the gent that graciously battled to save those spots for his 2 buddies.....

It was funny how people were getting annoyed with each other throughout that game with the SRO situation and all of that that comes with it, and then at the end people are high fiving and hugging and acting like they're ready to head out to the watering holes and pick out the tab for the 20 other folks that they've just endured a 4 hour near battle royale with. Kind of amusing in retrospect.

I remember when I was leaving the stadium in 2006, someone on the street handed me a business card of a strip club. I almost went.

What was the point of the lottery they had? Was anyone actually notified, and able to purchase tickets prior to today? Everyone I talked that entered it, didn't win anything

What was the point of the lottery they had? Was anyone actually notified, and able to purchase tickets prior to today? Everyone I talked that entered it, didn't win anything

I wasn't notified one way or another and know of a couple people who are in the same boat as me.

Only know of 1 person that heard back and it was that they hadn't been chosen so who knows how that actually worked...

Listed my $60 ticket on StubHub for $115. Average sale price for the ticket is $125. Maybe I'll make some money.

Listed my $60 ticket on StubHub for $115. Average sale price for the ticket is $125. Maybe I'll make some money.

How does that work? What is StubHub's fee? And once someone purchases it, do you type in the ticket barcode numbers, and stubhub sends them a ticket?

Also I checked earlier, and none of the tickets have been sold in the section I was looking to list my ticket in.

How does that work? What is StubHub's fee? And once someone purchases it, do you type in the ticket barcode numbers, and stubhub sends them a ticket?

Also I checked earlier, and none of the tickets have been sold in the section I was looking to list my ticket in.

StubHub takes 15% of your sale. So, if you sell a ticket for $100, you see $85 of it. When you list the ticket, you put the barcode in so that StubHub can instantly transfer it to the buyer. If you decide you don't want to sell the ticket, you simply delete it and your ticket is still good for the game. It's VERY simple. I don't anticipate that tickets will be selling too hot until the Tigers have officially clinched and they know when the actually games and times will be.

List it on craigslist and save the 15%.

List it on craigslist and save the 15%.

Meh, I'm still making a profit. I just don't want it. Shouldn't have bought it.

StubHub takes 15% of your sale. So, if you sell a ticket for $100, you see $85 of it. When you list the ticket, you put the barcode in so that StubHub can instantly transfer it to the buyer. If you decide you don't want to sell the ticket, you simply delete it and your ticket is still good for the game. It's VERY simple. I don't anticipate that tickets will be selling too hot until the Tigers have officially clinched and they know when the actually games and times will be.

I haven't listed on stubhub since 2006 but is it still true that in that transaction, the buyer would pay $110? Stubhub would make $25 on the ticket listed for $100.

I haven't listed on stubhub since 2006 but is it still true that in that transaction, the buyer would pay $110? Stubhub would make $25 on the ticket listed for $100.

I think they charge the buyer a $5 conv fee to print the ticket too, I'm pretty sure they make $30 in your example.