JonBenke

GAME #2: Notre Dame @ Michigan - NIGHT GAME!

Heck of a first start for the kid.

You talking about Rees? He was 4-0 as a starter last year and played significantly in a 5th game. Its not like he is some young guy with no experience. He started at USC and in a bowl game last year, its not like he hasnt played in a game like this one before.

You talking about Rees? He was 4-0 as a starter last year and played significantly in a 5th game. Its not like he is some young guy with no experience. He started at USC and in a bowl game last year, its not like he hasnt played in a game like this one before.

Well, so much for fact checking prior to posting. :)

Thanks for the correction.

from twitterdumb:

darren rovell

darrenrovell darren rovell

by TigsTown

StubHub says demand in Notre Dame game is the highest they've seen for a Michigan game since they launched in 2000.

Don't know if it was forced or voluntary. He made a dumb post in the CFB Week 1 thread, made a few more posts, announced he was leaving, and then was released.

drama queen. never sad to see instigators go. release 'em all I say, RELEASE 'EM ALL!

So, uh, now that benke has been released, I get the impression that this forum is going to get pretty quiet.

Whoa, what happened to Benke?

After the upgrades to the stadium, what is the official size now?

I don't know the official number, but I do know the capacity is smaller this year than last year (straight from someone in the UM athletic department I spoke with). They said some new OSHA regulations hit and that will lower capacity.

This person also said that UM - as I'd imagine every other college does - counts attendance by anybody on the premise of the stadium itself...meaning gate watchers, locker room attendants, concessions, etc. You could not see a second of the game and be counted.

Edited by monkeynuts

Mainly I was asking because the series I got to watch for the game I know the announcer kept saying 107-108k and I remember it was 111k before I think after their last upgrades.

Im getting more nervous about this game each day. To make matters worse, I have to DVR the first half or so and turn my phone off so I don't get updates, because my idiot friend is getting married. I mean who gets married in the fall, it shouldn't be allowed.

To be fair to your friend, he probably didn't realize it would be Michigan's first night game in Ann Arbor. I bet that he figured that he would be able to watch the game before he tied the knot.

Lightning better stay away tomorrow. Just want a clear night under the lights.

I think UM will handle ND with great vigor. 41-24.

Lightning better stay away tomorrow. Just want a clear night under the lights.

I think UM will handle ND with great vigor. 41-24.

Yikes. That would be fantastic but it seems overly optimistic. One thing I know we will see is a team playing with great emotion against a team with 100,000+ rooting against them and a coach who doesn't have their back.

Yikes. That would be fantastic but it seems overly optimistic. One thing I know we will see is a team playing with great emotion against a team with 100,000+ rooting against them and a coach who doesn't have their back.

I tend to be overly optimistic on most things, especially UM football. I guess it depends on how the DL reacts from the get go. If we can't get any pressure up front we have to start blitzing like crazy, and I assume ND will have some pretty nice slant packages in place. I see the offense having no troubles though, so if the defense can create turnovers we should be just fine.

I just can't wait for tomorrow night/Sunday morning. UM/Lions, both their first "real" game.

Writer predicts BCS for Michigan, Gator Bowl for Michigan State | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Put your Day After New Year’s Day plans on hold.

Because Jerry Palm thinks you might be watching football.

Palm, a RPI ratings expert and creator of CollegeBCS.com, provided CBSSports.com with bowl rankings for all 35 bowl games and one of his predictions might catch your eye.

He has Michigan facing off with Texas A&M as a BCS at-large competitor in the Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 2 in Glendale, Ariz.

“With one of the biggest surprises,” Palm wrote, “Michigan will be the second-best team in the Big Ten and land here.”

Meanwhile, Palm predicts the Spartans to land in Jan. 2’s Gator Bowl against Florida.

Haha...a BCS bowl, eh?

I'm guardedly optimistic about tomorrow night.

I think I have very real expectations of this defense, and I think we'll see a Notre Dame team who's more than capable of capitalizing a few times for big TD's.

Just because I can't predict a loss...

Notre Dame - 45

Michigan - 49

A 3rd and goal touchdown PASS to ROY ROUNDTREE wins the game for Michigan in the final 10 seconds, avoiding the "4th and goal field goal to tie the game" scenario.

I hope I am in right in saying that I think some people are underestimating what Mattison can do with a defense. This isn't your Rich Rod defense. They will be offer some resistance to ND. I predicted a top 60 or even 50 defense this year, if that happens we will win a good amount of games.

Our defense was that bad last year.