Sign in to follow this  
Mike

RB Chester Taylor released by Bears

Would this NFL veteran Midnight Blue and Gold product of the University of Toledo enjoy a career resurgence in Honolulu Blue and Silver?

Inclined to agree with Cruzer. The Lions kept both Brown and Harrison -- I'm guessing that means that the coaching staff is pretty happy with what they have. I thought they would cut one of the two to leave room to sign somebody else, but not so much, I guess. Unless I'm totally misreading this thing.

Sad that we cut Silva. I believe he's eligible for our practice squad, but he'd have to clear waivers first, right? Don't know that he will.

Sad that we cut Silva. I believe he's eligible for our practice squad, but he'd have to clear waivers first, right? Don't know that he will.

I would expect Silva to clear waivers. He had a great pre-season, but he doesn't strike me as someone many teams will be willing to risk a roster spot for. I wouldn't be shocked if gets picked up, but I'm optimistic about him sticking around. I was hoping Mixon would make it to the P.S. also, but I heard he's been placed on IR. Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the tentative 53 - very glad they made room for Berry and Hogue, and I think Donahue's going to be a fantastic punter.

I would expect Silva to clear waivers. He had a great pre-season, but he doesn't strike me as someone many teams will be willing to risk a roster spot for. I wouldn't be shocked if gets picked up, but I'm optimistic about him sticking around. I was hoping Mixon would make it to the P.S. also, but I heard he's been placed on IR. Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the tentative 53 - very glad they made room for Berry and Hogue, and I think Donahue's going to be a fantastic punter.

Yeah, I'm not saying that I disagree with the cuts -- I'm actually pleasantly surprised on the whole. We have simply reached the point where we're beginning to have to cut players who I think have potential, or have even proven that they can play (like Harris and Vasher.) I hope I'm wrong about Donahue, and that he'll be an upgrade over Harris, or at least as good. I'm thrilled that we haven't overlooked Alphonso Smith's contributions from last year and the potential he has to help our D. Also happy that we kept Brown, even after apparently giving his number away before the preseason started. The roster seems reasonable and well thought out, and this team continues to improve.

Ryan Donahue is a million dollar upgrade over Nick Harris. They need that money, they are almost at the cap.

I'm hopeful that Ryan Donahue will not be called upon very often this season, but am confident that he will do a better job of pinning opposing teams inside their 20 yard line than Nick Harris has done the last few years.

I'm not sure Taylor is that big of an approvement of Harrison at this point.

Harrison is a better player, period. Not sure why people dont' give this guy his due at all or why they like guys like Taylor or Barber when he was a FA.