JonBenke

GAME #1: Western Michigan @ Michigan

Looks like all of Michigan except the very western portion of the UP will have the game on ABC, which is good news for me.

I think a lot of this season depends on how much Hoke is going to try to fit a round peg in a square hole. I've been hearing on the local radio here in A2 that the talk of serious scheme change on offense is a bit premature. I think we're still going to see quite a bit of spread offense, but probably not as inventive as RR allegedly was with it.

The defense has nowhere to go but up.

The schedule stacks up nicely as far as having so many big home games compared to last year, but adding Nebraska definitely makes an already tough schedule even tougher. I'm thinking realistically here, possibly same as last year perhaps one more win, but building a foundation for better performance in the following years.

See you guys at ND, Neb, and OSU this year. Crushin beers and takin names.

It will interesting to see what the offense looks like. Does Borges pull a richRod and try to fit square pegs in round holes? Or does he tailor the offense to his personnel's strengths?

Stupid rain, I was going to golf and then settle in for the UM game, ah well.

Really pumped for today, finally get to see what we got.

It will interesting to see what the offense looks like. Does Borges pull a richRod and try to fit square pegs in round holes? Or does he tailor the offense to his personnel's strengths?

This has been asked and answered a hundred times.

That said, he'd be stupid to pull a RichRod with Denard ... and I highly doubt he does.

Hey, a spread team shredding Michigan...Brady Hoke really is a return to the old tradition!

give it more than one possession jeez

Meh. I don't expect much from this defense all year. Or next year.

Two years from now they'll start to look like a traditional Michigan defense. But you have to get rid of all the dinky kids and walkons before you can get back to being good.